+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Why do Defiants suck so bad at Codex?

Default Why do Defiants suck so bad at Codex?

Why?

You all defend scope (and fail miserably) while Guardians take everything else and farm you at your own spawn.

Now, I'm far from being supersexay at pvp but you think that if they were all at scope, you'd make them move away by taking other control points. Like statue. Or dex. Or that other one. But no, scope is where the whole team is. Where the whole team dies.

Please stop sucking so bad at Codex, Defiants. It has become the most painful of all warfronts.

because personal experience applies to all cases right?
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Vault is worth more only on TUESDAY guys!

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    because personal experience applies to all cases right?
    I'd say a good 85% of codex matches I've played in the past few months have ended in what I already described. Out of 10 or more matches in the past 2 days I've only seen 1 Defiant win. The rest is let's have tea and cake at scope. Tell me when Defiants are on a roll in Codex, then.

Because they love to attack codex by stopping on top of the rocks instead of zerging the flag and losing around pillar like guardians always do.

Default This is the oldest question there is.

And I have been waiting for an answer since the game launched. When you get one, let me know Appendy.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Because they love to attack codex by stopping on top of the rocks instead of zerging the flag and losing around pillar like guardians always do.
    this just drives me nuts.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 02-07-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Rift Disciple

but but but... scope is closer to the defiant base and that means less running to get back into the fighttttttttt! See! If i run my Super OP 61 Cabalist spec hard casting shadows touch and run into the middle of the other team. I can run back and do it AGAIN sooner than if we were fighting at codex using Line of sight (pfft) at a pillar!
    Fourtyfour

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Why?

You all defend scope (and fail miserably) while Guardians take everything else and farm you at your own spawn.

Now, I'm far from being supersexay at pvp but you think that if they were all at scope, you'd make them move away by taking other control points. Like statue. Or dex. Or that other one. But no, scope is where the whole team is. Where the whole team dies.

Please stop sucking so bad at Codex, Defiants. It has become the most painful of all warfronts.
    A bunch of loose cannons....lol
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Defiants tend to run off and do their own thing more than Guardians. (see also: whitefail)

At the begining when half the group runs strait to dex and 2 others run to statue and one is derping at the respawn point because they fell off the bridge and died due to fall damage, it is easy for the guardians, who only move like 3 legged lemmings (all together and slow), to wipe the defiants who then stand at spawnpoint and QQ about how their rears just got handed to them, and the other group must be a premade. This works especially well when there is a guard NB/RS (Mozart, Ratconcito, catcocito, <fill in the FoTM rog here> etc) at The Vault (which I believe is Trions homage to ghey bars), who wipes the two or three derps trying desperately to get to statue.

The key for defiants is to back cap the guardian zerg as they move from point to point. But that takes actually capping the points, which is a foriegn concept to most of the players it seems. (At the end of the one match I played this morning I had 7 caps, i think the rest of the team combined had 5, but we did manage a win.)

In short, most other Playas r BADZ.
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

Defiants are so bad at pvp that

Quote Originally Posted by Axaze View Post
    they fell off the bridge and died due to fall damage

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I'd say a good 85% of codex matches I've played in the past few months have ended in what I already described. Out of 10 or more matches in the past 2 days I've only seen 1 Defiant win. The rest is let's have tea and cake at scope. Tell me when Defiants are on a roll in Codex, then.
    Wow...

Well if you like; I guess we could queue together with myself as Leader, to better your chance of being mercenary...as a ...GUARDIAN...

Said no Guardian... EVER

lolz- can't tell if Uber-trolling here... Defs win 85% of ALL WFs at primetime...let 'em have Dex...please?
    Jooliah
    Guardian Mage Faeblight
    Manumanu
    Defiant Primalist Faeblight
    Nordvegr

Quote Originally Posted by Jool View Post
    Wow...

Well if you like; I guess we could queue together with myself as Leader, to better your chance of being mercenary...as a ...GUARDIAN...

Said no Guardian... EVER

lolz- can't tell if Uber-trolling here... Defs win 85% of ALL WFs at primetime...let 'em have Dex...please?
    I need 2 more dex wins for weekly and then you can have all the dex wins.

Just lost another while we spent most of the match ahead... until guardians drew dumbass defiants to scope and... bye bye win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jool View Post
    Wow...

Said no Guardian... EVER

Exactly! I'm not sure what's going on here, but I'm a Guardian, and Defiants almost always win. I'm being dead serious. I've tried and tried and tried to instill some strat into my fellow guardians, to no avail. I'm embarrassed to be a guardian in this game. is there some kind of queueing glitch or something? it's really fishy. Once more, I'm being dead serious. not trolling.

@Altherion You're either in a different/lower prestige bracket or you haven't hit lvl 60 yet (guardians lose every warfront lvl 50-60). Defiants normally do good but not in Codex. Nope. supabad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast