+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Arena and Ranked Warfronts

Soulwalker

Default Arena and Ranked Warfronts

I like this game, but I think, it will be better if the devs will make arena and ranked warfront possibilitys for the pvp players. I played with wow 4 years, and this game more pleasant than that, but I miss these features. Would be enough 3v3 and 5v5 options with some arena maps, some achievements, maybe some little rewards (pets, mounts) from achievements for the arena and ranked warfront players, perhaps some little item upgrade token, but would be more game experience and possibility for the players.
    Last edited by ThotTee; 02-06-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Soulwalker

postscript: I don't want to special balance for these features. The balance is good as it be now, just need some instanced area for the arena, ranking possibility for the arena and warfront players, and some little rewards
    Last edited by ThotTee; 02-06-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Soulwalker

I think so, the "balance" will be the team work, and the soul build within the team, so don't need special balance. The better team will win
    Last edited by ThotTee; 02-06-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Soulwalker

and just an idea, would be enough maximum 10 people for all ranked warfronts, because all guilds can make easier these groups.

Why not continue playing wow arena? Why did you stop playing wow arena and come to a game that does not have it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Stopped reading at "I played WoW".

Not because of that comment, just because I knew it was coming and I've already read far more erudite arguments for and against arenas (nobody's against ranked wfs that I've seen mind you).
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by ThotTee View Post
    I like this game, but I think, it will be better if the devs will make arena and ranked warfront possibilitys for the pvp players. I played with wow 4 years, and this game more pleasant than that, but I miss these features. Would be enough 3v3 and 5v5 options with some arena maps, some achievements, maybe some little rewards (pets, mounts) from achievements for the arena and ranked warfront players, perhaps some little item upgrade token, but would be more game experience and possibility for the players.
    Oh look, another arena thread....
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Default I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Stopped reading at "I played WoW".

Not because of that comment, just because I knew it was coming and I've already read far more erudite arguments for and against arenas (nobody's against ranked wfs that I've seen mind you).
    I am against all progress, change, and improvement of the pvp system as a general rule. Personally I think they need to spend more time and resources on the pve in this game. Rated wfs ftl, go back to WoW, back to the fundamentals, L2P... or whatever.

Just put in Rated wfs already.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Wow arena is horribly broken right now, that's why all these wow players are looking for other games to play. But they also want to bring a terrible system over to their new choice game in order to break it. No thanks, go resub to wow and get owned in a diminished arena ladder system that you only compete against the few gladiator players that queue up in the 1600 MMR bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Wow arena is horribly broken right now, that's why all these wow players are looking for other games to play. But they also want to bring a terrible system over to their new choice game in order to break it. No thanks, go resub to wow and get owned in a diminished arena ladder system that you only compete against the few gladiator players that queue up in the 1600 MMR bracket.
    My thoughts, exactly on arena. WOWcs system is broke for what they had to do for arena (3v3 especially), so now those ppl go to other games wanting (what WoW already offers, just not jacked up) and wants the new game to go down the same dead end path. WoW is still kicking, get your arena fix over there...rated WFs (of 10 or more) would be alright, imo.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

WoW.......lol

lol
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

WoW arenas are broken
    therefore
    if Rift introduces arenas they will be broken

capital logic fellas

GUY 1: arenas?
    GUY 2: NO THIS IS NOT WOW! NO THIS IS NOT WOW! NO THIS IS NOT WOW! NO THIS IS NOT WOW! NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW! NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!NO THIS IS NOT WOW!

"I read about WoW arenas once Im an expert."
    "I have a level 40 rogue so yes I played wow"
    "I just checked the wow forums and there are a ton of QQ"
    "I couldnt get past 1600 MMR because of broken comps (or so I think)"

/thread
    Last edited by Keota; 02-07-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    WoW arenas are broken
    therefore
    if Rift introduces arenas they will be broken

capital logic fellas
    Elo ranked systems do not belong in an MMORPG where gear disparity is going to be inherently flawed, you want that, go play an FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    My thoughts, exactly on arena. WOWcs system is broke for what they had to do for arena (3v3 especially), so now those ppl go to other games wanting (what WoW already offers, just not jacked up) and wants the new game to go down the same dead end path. WoW is still kicking, get your arena fix over there...rated WFs (of 10 or more) would be alright, imo.
    Precisely this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast