+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ajax1114
  • 1 Post By Lords0fpain

Thread: Conquest Queue Breaks the Player's Bill of Rights

Default Conquest Queue Breaks the Player's Bill of Rights

I'm being hyperbolic to make a point.

When I queue for a specific faction (which says Join by the way when I click it) and then it says the faction is Full and puts me on a faction that I know is going to be full of AFKers with defeatist attitudes, I feel like the guy that gets picked last for a sports game. Worse, I feel like the game just lied to me.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/LaralynMcWilliams/20130203/185934/The_Players_Bill_of_Rights.php
    7. To have decent, clear controls and UI.
    I feel like the game can't make up its mind whether I'm supposed to be in control of what faction I'm queuing for or whether the game is in charge. I know, from reading patch notes, how the system works, but that knowledge doesn't make the system any less frustrating.

Conquest's "random" queue system is not random because no one in his right mind is going to hit the random button when he could chose a faction that he can already guess is going to dominate the map.

It's time you made up your mind. Either remove what is now an illusion of choosing your faction (which is what people were actually asking for in the first place), or get rid of what is currently a pointless random button and revert the queue to how it originally was. Either would be better than this mixed-message-queuing nonsense.

At first I thought you were referencing something from Trion, then I actually looked at your link, then I LOL'd.

The most effective feedback you can give is to vote with your feet. Don't play CQ if you don't like it. I don't.

And don't give me any of that jive about how you have to have the trinket. You don't. Period.

Lol at the person who wrote that bill of rights though.

**3. To be able to win without experience of past lives or future events.**

And he references Doom 3. I just got gamer-sickened by him making a big deal out of the fact he is so bad he died non-stop in Doom 3 and couldn't enjoy it because it isn't a nature walk and you need to have fast reactions at times.

Just saying.

6. Not to have to figure out an unspecified or unclear interaction.

^^^ Problem with gamers these days and where so much QQ stems from. Learn to figure stuff out ffs.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-06-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    6. Not to have to figure out an unspecified or unclear interaction.

^^^ Problem with gamers these days and where so much QQ stems from. Learn to figure stuff out ffs.
    There's a difference between having to figure out a quirky interaction when you know there's interaction necessary, and the kind of crap that you used to run into in old Sierra or LucasArts adventure games where you'd need to be a ******* miracle worker to figure out what you needed to do without screwing yourself over six hours later.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    I'm being hyperbolic to make a point.

When I queue for a specific faction (which says Join by the way when I click it) and then it says the faction is Full and puts me on a faction that I know is going to be full of AFKers with defeatist attitudes, I feel like the guy that gets picked last for a sports game. Worse, I feel like the game just lied to me.

I feel like the game can't make up its mind whether I'm supposed to be in control of what faction I'm queuing for or whether the game is in charge. I know, from reading patch notes, how the system works, but that knowledge doesn't make the system any less frustrating.

Conquest's "random" queue system is not random because no one in his right mind is going to hit the random button when he could chose a faction that he can already guess is going to dominate the map.

It's time you made up your mind. Either remove what is now an illusion of choosing your faction (which is what people were actually asking for in the first place), or get rid of what is currently a pointless random button and revert the queue to how it originally was. Either would be better than this mixed-message-queuing nonsense.
    Feel your pain, it this case Dom is dominating. No matter when I try to join (after cq starts), it slings me in NF. Which is in fact full with afkers or just not full (going against full raids). They fixed nothing. Either make it completely random or go back to what we had. At least we were not stuck in a faction we didn't que for (until the start of the next one).
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread