+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Stuns and Silences

Telaran

Default Stuns and Silences

Many souls have at least one (and often times more than one) stun and/or silence. However, some souls only have Break Free and no other means to escape the stun/silence. Is this balanced? When several players are targetting a healer, as they should be, and each is using their stun and/or silence, the healer (or w/e player) is literally "stunned to death". This, of course, takes little talent ... but I digress. I truly feel they need to balance the stuns/silences and the means to break those stuns/silences a lot better in pvp. There have prolly been threads on this but I see none of late. If I have missed it, I do apologize. Just asking for ppls thoughts/input on this issue. Whether others view it as out of balance or is it just my perspective. Thanx.

I know what you mean but it is not exclusive to healers. It is everyone. Playing any class you get the same treatment. Silence is no where near how it use to be a few weeks ago also.

Telaran

True, it happens to many. However, some souls only have a Break Free. In my MM/RNG build, I have Break Free, Escape Artist plus Cleanse Soul for magical nasties, so I am in decent shape compared to many who only have Break Free while there are classes out there with 2+ stuns/silences in their builds. It is most noticable when it happens to the healers over and over again. Sure, some healing builds are great at self-preservation while they are not effective at healing others, but for those that heal others and only have Break Free (as well as the dps builds which only have a Break Free) .... well, to me it seems like another out of balance aspect of pvp which should be reevaluated.

Those handy little CC status icons next to player's names has made it much easier to not waste your stuns and silences, meaning you'll probably be eating more full duration effects.

I'm good with it, except for the handful of silences on 10s CDs. They need shorter PvP durations to match their availability. They don't really impact me much as a warrior, but I can imagine the frustration as a caster.

CC is a touchy subject - some people call it the very definition of skill to land a kill or incapacitate another player to allow for a kill, others call it the AFK auto-loss I couldn't avoid and unfair. Rift's CC allows for a better flow to the game than anything I've played before, so I'm not going to complain too much about it.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

As a healer who has only break free available in battle against the many debuffs being thrown against me in WF, (not withstanding cleanse for those I can take off with that), I can attest that is very aggravating.

However, it becomes a balancing question. On average I can heal my group with aoe heals 2 - 9k hps. If I am left unchecked I could potentially be a major asset to my team to get a victory.

So the question I have to ask is this, "Is my healer spec balanced as compared to other classes or am I put at a great hindrance?"

As far as the debuffs to stop me from casting, I would say that the balance is right where it needs to be currently. Other players can stop me but it's not so extreme that I can not still have some input through gameplay.

I will admit that being forced targetted with so many debuffs makes me want to faceroll my keyboard at times though.
    Genny@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Playing any class you get the same treatment.
    Yeah, healers don't get marked and focused any more than other roles

Plane Touched

Players should be able to control their characters at all times. There is no "skill" involved in pressing a CC button and killing someone when they can't counter you, no matter if it's used at 100% or at 20%.
    Last edited by Lothi; 02-06-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Lothi View Post
    Players should be able to control their characters at all times. There is no "skill" involved in pressing a CC button and killing someone when they can't counter you, no matter if it's used at 100% or at 20%.
    Oh, Kyera!
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by Lothi View Post
    It's a part of combat strategy and must be used strategically to be truly effective.

If there was no such thing as Break Free and the other CC breaks in the game, you would have a case.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Evristia View Post
    True, it happens to many. However, some souls only have a Break Free. In my MM/RNG build, I have Break Free, Escape Artist plus Cleanse Soul for magical nasties, so I am in decent shape compared to many who only have Break Free while there are classes out there with 2+ stuns/silences in their builds. It is most noticable when it happens to the healers over and over again. Sure, some healing builds are great at self-preservation while they are not effective at healing others, but for those that heal others and only have Break Free (as well as the dps builds which only have a Break Free) .... well, to me it seems like another out of balance aspect of pvp which should be reevaluated.
    You're also forgetting On the Double with Getaway talent. =P
    Lasseen@Seastone

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nether83 View Post
    You're also forgetting On the Double with Getaway talent. =P
    That's mandatory =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Oh, Kyera!
    Added. 10chars.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

@OP: stop using your breakfree on the three second stun, save it for the 8 second silence. to that end, take it out of your spam macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

Occasionally I miss the old DR system, but only when I have no CC in my build...

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Yeah, healers don't get marked and focused any more than other roles
    Hmm, I pl melee and I can tell you I get focus right off the bat and in most cases draw the most fire throughout the match. Its got its pros and cons, if I survive and get enough heals, it makes life a lot easier for my team, but in a ot of cases I just fall over dead before healers can react. I say get rid of tab target, its melee bane in one button.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast