+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Chloromancer in warfronts right now - OP or balanced?

Default Chloromancer in warfronts right now - OP or balanced?

Just wanted to get you guys opinions on this. Right now Chloromancer is still bugged to be producing a lot more healing than it should. It's going to be fixed back to normal when the class changes get pushed through to live.

Do you think, in its current bugged state, Chloromancer is currently overpowered in PvP? Or balanced? Still to easy to kill? Will it become underpowered when healing bugs are fixed?

Note that the increased healing bugs only apply to the healing generated from casting life spells, and not instant cast spells like Bloom or Natural Healing!

My personal opinion is that Chloro can make anyone unkillable if they get time to put Synthesis on an ally and react in time. Their group healing is also super op if cross healing with other op healers in the mix. When focused alone however, it's still incredibly high pressure and the healing bugs barely give a chance to survive a gank or a little focus fire or still might barely hang on against a Melee who has time to work away. So I think, OP if left alone, but balanced when focused right now. Certainly not an unkillable healer tanking 5 people!

I do feel worried Chloro will go back to feeling like a piece of paper when targeted.

Warriors, Rogues, Clerics and Mages tell what you think ^^
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Honestly, I feel they are fine currently. And it would be a shame if they lose their healing power due to pve problems.

They are currently -competent- healers, and we need more souls in different classes to have access to such competency. And considering their overall defense isn't OTT, makes their current healing power, an acceptable one.

I can't say until TTK gets put in check. Right now, I die pretty easily under pressure (the only caveat that comes to mind is if a brokefiler is cross-healing me).

In its current state, everything is so back and forth. One moment I feel like a god and the next, I drop like a rock.

Synth is powerful, but you're also really vulnerable while trying to keep a synth target up.

@OP just a quick warning....

your responses will be filled with healers saying it's fine and not even really good enough and that if you think differently you're just not good enough at the game and non-healers saying it's overpowered and needs to be nerfed

Ascendant

I started using full 61 cholo recently in warfronts, and I like what they bring. They are not that hard to play, but I did find that with no significant previous experience I was ending up top 1 or 2 in healing half the time or more. I actually enjoy healing with the choloro as is, but if it does get nerfed it is unlikely I will keep playing it. I used to play healers a lot in MMOGs and I gave it up a long time ago. I appreciate those who do it and never disparage healers because it is bad mojo.

It is fun, though to be able to really change the tide of a battle. In one codex last weekend I switched to healing after we were getting destroyed and essentially spawn camped. I am not taking all the credit but the switch did allow me to help keep my teammates alive enough to fight back. When I was dps I was just getting blown up and dying instantly, and we were just getting owned. We came back from about 450 points down and ended up winning. Was a lot of fun.

Obviously I can't promise I would stop after the changes. I only dabbled with chloro healing before and did not play it since they changed the way healing is awarded on casting time, so I have no comparable frame of reference. However, playing as a dps with choloros and against them and my own limited experience playing one, I would say that I actually like where things are right now.I don't really have a problem where healing is overall at this moment, but I like longer fights and not just insta deaths.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Shadowlander

I agree your opinion.

Synth + Symbiosis is borderline OP in terms of ST throughput. To really maximize throughput there, though, you're susceptible to interrupts which is a decent counter. Still, I think this could use a little toning down.

Group healing is good, although I don't think we're out of line with bard or warden group healing specs. Like you mention though, it's really the stacked group healing that passes a threshold where anything but determined ST damage is fairly pointless. I think that's a meta-game issue to be addressed outside of chloromancers in particular.

Susceptibility to pressure is definitely the weakest part of the soul. We don't have the self-healing capability of cleric specs. Natural Healing in particular feels really weak-- I'm critting ~4k heals on myself for a longish cast time hard cast.
    Last edited by Nether83; 02-05-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    Lasseen@Seastone

Playing rogue, cleric and warrior I can say they are fine.

My 2 cents.
    Adegard □ Blightweald
    Pain is temporary, pride is forever

I think they are fairly balanced. Symbiosis needs an adjustment in PVP, but the soul itself is fine. Great ST heals with Synth, but lacks the self healing to survive under pressure. I think it is a fair trade: great heals but no survivability.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    I think they are fairly balanced. Symbiosis needs an adjustment in PVP, but the soul itself is fine. Great ST heals with Synth, but lacks the self healing to survive under pressure. I think it is a fair trade: great heals but no survivability.
    Absolutely correct. I would gladly lower synth heals for more survivability like higher based natural healing (which no one uses).

If you think chloro is op you are attacking the guy they are healing and not the chloro who will die to any competent dps. If he doesnt that chloro is being healed by a nearby cleric. Basically its a l2p on tactics. Its like those dps attacking that focus healed warrior in the front lines. Even as chloro healer i know to ignore that guy and focus on those healing him on the backside.

With lowering healing and the current poor squishiness and need to be in range to heal the chloro is a poor choice compared to cleric for example.

Well, Chloros aren't as op as cleric defiler.
    This week I played as private healer for Miicha - who did btw. 357.718.941 damage this week lulz- and i can say that Synthesis + Symbiosis doesn't make you invulnerable :P
    Okay, he tanked 20 enemies as a tactician in Port Scion and took sometimes 100% of his HP in one gcd as damage :P A defiler could make you here more "invulnerable" than a Chloromancer.

But Hartzekar is right, Chloromancer have absolutely no survivability. The only thing you can do to defend yourself is to cast Rift Tomb and hope that your attacker hasn't Break Free ready. Self heal is a joke.

Besides I want to address some other heavy issues with Chloromancer's in warfronts:
    Living Energy madness with more than one Chloro.
    Living Energy is purgeable.
    Chloros can't heal each other with Synthesis.
    Chloros can't heal the same target and overwrite existing Synthesis's.

These mechanics have massive issues in PvP. There's absolutely no flow.
    Last edited by chuckySTAR; 02-05-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Vince
    GAME OVER
    WORLD FIRST PRE NERFZ REGULOS

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by chuckySTAR View Post
    Besides I want to address some other heavy issues with Chloromancer's in warfronts:
    Living Energy madness with more than one Chloro.
    Living Energy is purgeable.
    Chloros can't heal each other with Synthesis.
    Chloros can't heal the same target and overwrite existing Synthesis's.
    I can live with those.
    For me as a chloro healer not being able to cross-heal via Veils is the most important issue. If there are only chloro healers on your team (because there are no clerics or they all went dps) your screwed. While all other members will receive huge amounts of AOE healing every chloro is basically left to himself. All you have to do is focus them one by one.

All double dipping bugs needs to be fixed - there is no doubt about that. But I think it`s wrong that while for example warriors are getting some adjustments to their skills to compensate the loss of dps (to some extent) we get nothing.
    Last edited by Lokken`; 02-05-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Champion

as a war dps and cleric healer in wf's imo chloros are squishy and die very fast. where as my cleric is damn near invincible. In my opinion sentinel is way more OP than chloro in pvp.

Ascendant

I wouldn't call chloro op, synth heals provide a lot of healing but can only target one person with a 4 sec cd I think. Additionally the targeted cast time heals are barely worth using unless with an opp proc or something. The biggest issue I find is that it is very common for there to be no melee front line, so chloros need to attack with their 30m range (unless specced for 35) making them vulnerable to focus fire.
    Reasons why chloro is not op
    1.Cannot hide at the rear of the group like a cleric
    2. Terrible self heals
    3. One escape ability (break free - you could go into pyro or archon for others though)
    4. No heals received from other chloros

Champion

A chloros problem is what it always was, they can not benefit from other chloros veils, nor can they use the synt on them self. No other healing class have this debuff, a cleric can use every heal spell he have on him self and on other clerics, as can bards.

I could somewhat understand this when it was damage that decided how much heal the chloro would put out, but now there is no reason what so ever to still have this system. We should have the same possibilities to use our own heal to our self and other chloros as clerics have for their self heal. If this will still not be the case, then yes i think they should keep the heal bug as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by istrikeanywhere View Post
    as a war dps and cleric healer in wf's imo chloros are squishy and die very fast. where as my cleric is damn near invincible. In my opinion sentinel is way more OP than chloro in pvp.
    I agree senti has disproportionally more utility and self preservation skills than other healers, save for probably puri, which is heavily nerfed and is balanced by its lack of actual healing.

Synth is up for discussion, but as a whole, chloros lack of self preservation makes its healing output warranted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast