+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Conquest - please 'bug' queue system again or make 3 loses = 1 win

Default Conquest - please 'bug' queue system again or make 3 loses = 1 win

At least EU conquest is back to old pattern (ofc I don't have the %ages a dev could show around) - everyone tries to join NF at start of CQ.

From those getting into Dom and/or Oath roughly 20% go afk directly in the base (at least some are polite enough to leave the raid).
    Then Dom/Oath try to cap some extractors ... after the first encounter with the roaming NF zerg (they "lose" maybe 5% to the glue in their base) ... another part of the players get affected by the 'you have to afk now until the end' bug (with at least 3 players having the urge to insult everyone in their faction for being the worse group, baddies, noobs etc. around).
    2 Oath players will now kite the miniboss into their base ... giving at least the impression they fight something at all.
    NF will now cap the missing extractors to trigger the 5 minutes timer and getting some prestige while they stumble across the 5 to 10 ppl from Oath/Dom trying to cap something for the daily quest.

Ofc with losing faster (not even 1 hour match compared to up to 4hours matches with bugged queue) I can farm more marks, however, I have to admit that these endless games been way more fun.

And if you can't 'unfix' the queue fix ... can you at least make 3 lost games count as 1 win? Because if joining NF is the only chance to finish the weekly quest ... more QQ incoming soon.

These are only subjective comments, impressions from a dude who starts to think about joining the afk/leecher faction in conquest, and that would make me a sad duck tbh.

Would be nice to see a dev throw in some %ages about the win ratio since they fixed the bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordplay View Post
    He wasnt wearing hes rank 8 gear he had 0valor with that crit on full valor ppl i crit for 6k only.

Oki dopi ... after another fast match - roughly 18 mins from start until you got the marks (suprise NF won) - ignore my 1st post and please don't bug the queue ...:

Just give ppl who pressed the 'join CQ' button 40 marks and make a lottery for the roughly 100+ who would get NF as faction and give them 20 additional marks and a win towards their weekly quest count.
    Repeat this every 90 minutes and CQ got fixed - more time/manpower to be concentrated on fixing important stuff in the game.

If unfortunately you wont amend CQ to the above solution, can you please remove the 5 mins counter before you can vote kick ppl from your raid? Waiting for 30% of the total game time before you can remove someone leeching marks to open up the spot for another player who might wants to 'play the game' ... is just meh.

... just saying.
    He wasnt wearing hes rank 8 gear he had 0valor with that crit on full valor ppl i crit for 6k only.

if you want to complete your weekly, then just work harder to win more conquests, there are ALOT of options available to you beyond complaining on the forums.

The rewards for the weekly aren't so gamebreakingly awesome that your character will implode if he doesn't finish it every week.

Making RIFT easier is always a bad idea

if you want a better chance at getting your weekly while having to do no actual work at all, then just wait for everytime "CQ Timer" gets announced in 60 chat and click the Dominion join button....do that enough times and you'll get your 3 wins, and a crapload of 40-60 mark increments too

Only problem is it would just further encourage joining at timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe19 View Post
    if you want to complete your weekly, then just work harder to win more conquests, there are ALOT of options available to you beyond complaining on the forums.

The rewards for the weekly aren't so gamebreakingly awesome that your character will implode if he doesn't finish it every week.

Making RIFT easier is always a bad idea

if you want a better chance at getting your weekly while having to do no actual work at all, then just wait for everytime "CQ Timer" gets announced in 60 chat and click the Dominion join button....do that enough times and you'll get your 3 wins, and a crapload of 40-60 mark increments too
    What an obnoxious post. The queue system is still broken. I love the argument that it is the "players' mentality" that is hurting the balance of conquest. Gee, no kidding, all you na´ve, captain obvious epiphany having down talking leeters. You mean to suggest that all of the cheating, botting, duping, scripting, hacking, exploiting, bug finding/abusing, players out there have found a way to affect a flawed queue system? Which in turn makes the outcome of the matches predictable to the more ethically inclined players who just want to play without sniffing out cheats? Yes, you are all correct! In an MMO you are in with all kinds of players, and right now, they have figured out a way to abuse the queue system of a part of the game that impacts several hundred players a match for durations that can go well over two hours. "We," "us," "those," or "they," however you would like to refer to "the players" with the mentality that simply needs to be fixed or "get better/play harder" in order to win three matches a week on the teams predetermined to lose, are not going to be able to consistently overcome cheaters cheating because there is an exploit to be abused. I particularly like how you condescend yourself, self-righteously by suggesting how to win, with overture implying you do not practice this suggestion. The system is still broken, players are still abusing it, and yes there is a way to get your weeklies:

Find out which server in EU has the quickest opportunity to join conquest and move there. On NA servers, it is Greybriar. Once you are there, wait for the match to start, spamming the team you know has the upper hand. On NA, it is Dominion. You will get in every time, just follow the zerg and farm prestige. The best part is, even if you "lose," you will still win if you aren't prestige capped; since your zerg will still win almost if not all of the encounters.

no amount of losses should equal a win.

roll a premade on oath or dom and wtfpwn nf. rinse repeat, twice.

then start a thread pushing for a way to get rid of afk'rs, and stopping players joining when the timer starts.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe19 View Post
    If I don't manage to snipe a win in my one attempt tonight, I'll be going into, iirc, week six of this weekly (five of those weeks sitting at 2/3).
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    no amount of losses should equal a win.

roll a premade on oath or dom and wtfpwn nf. rinse repeat, twice.

then start a thread pushing for a way to get rid of afk'rs, and stopping players joining when the timer starts.
    The fix of the bugged queue system just increased of the amount of ppl willing to leech who end up in Dom/Oath on EU shards ...

Ofc it is a mindset problem - regarding how players act once they realize they didn't end up in NF (EU wise).
    However, until Trion only rewards marks at all for taking actively part in the game itself (gather, cap, craft, kill or get killed by other players), kick and debuff those who join to leech (all posted in other threads already) ... conquest is a who gets lucky to join NF atm will play the game ... majority of rest will afk and/or join during timer only.

I don't want to 'need' to go premade to play the game as it should be played.
    Atm I run around with the 5ppl not heading straight into the NF zerg, fighting with Oath over Briar until NF got 66% or afk in the base and try to 'annoy' NF a bit ...

On a general note - I could care less for the weekly conquest quest - I just want someone at Trion to wake up and realize that the game in its current state needs some HUGE attention.

Plane Touched

Do you really blame people for AFKing when they are otherwise 'free kills' for another faction over and over and over?

Plane Walker

That breif bugged period was the most I enjoyed CQ in.... well ever.
    Koz

Ties should be wins, 3 losses should be a win etc on this board.

How about, you only win, when you win. Mkay?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    What an obnoxious post. The queue system is still broken. I love the argument that it is the "players' mentality" that is hurting the balance of conquest. Gee, no kidding, all you na´ve, captain obvious epiphany having down talking leeters. You mean to suggest that all of the cheating, botting, duping, scripting, hacking, exploiting, bug finding/abusing, players out there have found a way to affect a flawed queue system? Which in turn makes the outcome of the matches predictable to the more ethically inclined players who just want to play without sniffing out cheats? Yes, you are all correct! In an MMO you are in with all kinds of players, and right now, they have figured out a way to abuse the queue system of a part of the game that impacts several hundred players a match for durations that can go well over two hours. "We," "us," "those," or "they," however you would like to refer to "the players" with the mentality that simply needs to be fixed or "get better/play harder" in order to win three matches a week on the teams predetermined to lose, are not going to be able to consistently overcome cheaters cheating because there is an exploit to be abused. I particularly like how you condescend yourself, self-righteously by suggesting how to win, with overture implying you do not practice this suggestion. The system is still broken, players are still abusing it, and yes there is a way to get your weeklies:

Find out which server in EU has the quickest opportunity to join conquest and move there. On NA servers, it is Greybriar. Once you are there, wait for the match to start, spamming the team you know has the upper hand. On NA, it is Dominion. You will get in every time, just follow the zerg and farm prestige. The best part is, even if you "lose," you will still win if you aren't prestige capped; since your zerg will still win almost if not all of the encounters.
    sooooo much anger!!

first of all...take it easy

second of all, one of two things are true...either the cheating situation isn't anywhere NEAR as bad as you seem to think it is....or i'm just the most absolutely lucky individual there ever was. I'm a very casual player...I play CQ "here and there"...i might do about 3 or 4 actual conquests per week. and i'll join at timer for maybe 6-8 more...and I get my 3 wins every week. I just click the dom button all the time..sometimes i get in as dom, other times I don't, but *most* of the times that I just join at timer...I get in as dom and get a free win for about 5 minutes of playing

I don't like to generalize so much, but I have a feeling alot of you people that fail so hard at getting your weeklies complete need to spend more time playing RIFT and less time playing RIFT-forums

to some of the others...if you're not enjoying conquest for some reasons, I can understand making complaints and hoping-for/suggesting change...I do the same when I don't like things....but to suggest dumbing down the game or somehow making you get rewards for winning....without actually winning...is just stupid...it's this same mentality that always creeps into MMOs...where everyone wants the same rewards as the people that are better than them, that put in more time than them, take more risks than them, etc....if you're less good, then enjoy the rewards you've earned and if you so desire the better rewards...work harder for them...if you're not able to play as much and somehow think you're still entitled to the same things as those that do..I again suggest playing a more casual game

Someone who claims to get free Conquest wins for about 5 minutes of playing is advising others to play more...
    Adegard □ Blightweald
    Pain is temporary, pride is forever

Quote Originally Posted by Adegard View Post
    Someone who claims to get free Conquest wins for about 5 minutes of playing is advising others to play more...
    Also....the sky is blue (appears to be blue from our earthly perspective for the science trolls)
    Last edited by Stryfe19; 02-05-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Soulwalker

"or i'm just the most absolutely lucky individual there ever was. I'm a very casual player...I play CQ "here and there"...i might do about 3 or 4 actual conquests per week. and i'll join at timer for maybe 6-8 more."

I joined at the timer 11 times and all 11 times I was skipped from Dom (the goto US team atm) and put on NF, where most people go afk the second they see they lost the lottery.

They need to do something, because forcing people onto a team is not working.

Did someone say certain servers get in faster? I am on Fae, are you sayiny Greybriar gets in before us?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast