+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Misun
  • 1 Post By Luknar
  • 1 Post By Fujitasix
  • 1 Post By Fujitasix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Conquest player limit?

Ascendant

Default Conquest player limit?

Just now near the end of the 5 minute timer in CQ all 3 teams were shown as full and queuing just resulted in you sitting there not getting in. Since when is there a limit, and why is it apparently low enough to kick in on a Monday night!? The fact that such a limit exists totally goes against what Conquest was supposed to be anyways.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    Just now near the end of the 5 minute timer in CQ all 3 teams were shown as full and queuing just resulted in you sitting there not getting in. Since when is there a limit, and why is it apparently low enough to kick in on a Monday night!? The fact that such a limit exists totally goes against what Conquest was supposed to be anyways.
    There has always been a limit. The limit is actually extremely high and has not been reduced since the release of Conquest. There are multiple hundreds of players per team when it is completely full.

~Daglar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    There has always been a limit. The limit is actually extremely high and has not been reduced since the release of Conquest. There are multiple hundreds of players per team when it is completely full.

~Daglar
    Well, that's good to know. Was super frustrating to not be able to get into CQ when there's only 1 running and an hour until the next one starts, but at least I can plan for it now.

will you guys be possibly looking at increasing the limit with all the hardware upgrades you guys have done?

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    will you guys be possibly looking at increasing the limit with all the hardware upgrades you guys have done?
    What hardware upgrades? It's still a low FPS nightmare in big battles
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    What hardware upgrades? It's still a low FPS nightmare in big battles
    This. My computer is very old and slow.... so I have nobody to blame but myself, but even if I go full special low low settings, when conquest is real busy it is a mess.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    This. My computer is very old and slow.... so I have nobody to blame but myself, but even if I go full special low low settings, when conquest is real busy it is a mess.
    It affects a lot of people. Trion has admitted they know there's a problem.

CQ has had low fps issues since it was first released.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    Maybe you shouldnt wait until the end of a CQ to leech the marks?
    Ashatara@Deepwood
    Gurgash@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    It affects a lot of people. Trion has admitted they know there's a problem.

CQ has had low fps issues since it was first released.
    Best thing that ever happened to CQ was my AMD Phenom pooping out - a cheap Ivy Bridge even makes Volan reasonably smooth. 20 FPS on ultra no shadows with a 570 in the 100+ vs 100+ CQ zergs.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Yeah not really the best idea to complain about not getting into CQ when the timer starts lol
    Zoartype@Deepwood

I always had the impression the limit was 600 players? as in 200 vs 200 vs 200

Anyhow i like to check the map soon as i join, see where all the fun is, here's a "quiet" Conquest match

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1517/conquestt.jpg

I've popped online, had someone yell "Timer", and gotten Full x3 plenty of times.

Such is life.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Increase player limit, do it

Aggressive pursuit and removal of AFK leeches will open up a lot more player slots, and increase the competitiveness of matches.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

+ Reply to Thread