+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: why is my pvp damage so weak???

Default why is my pvp damage so weak???

hello i just have a question on why my pvp damage is so weak. to me it seems that 1-39 pvp was good i was doing decent damage could hold my own. but i am currently 47 i am a melee mage harbinger. my damage to npcs is great my damage to players if seen out side in open world pvp is good as well, but in war fronts at 47 im hitting for like 350-500 i would assume that's because of buffs etc etc. other then that its like hitting a brick wall with a stick so could some one explain to me please why this is other then my class being horrible thank you much appreciated.

Probably because of the bolstering during that level. Your class/spec/soul may not have passed through its damage plateau (gotten strong/soul defining skills) to compensate for such a large damage reduction yet.

I noticed that on my mage certain specs that were fine previously, fell apart past 50. Its probably for the same reason.

interesting

Intrned
    Quote Originally Posted by ICUB4UCME View Post
    hello i just have a question on why my pvp damage is so weak. to me it seems that 1-39 pvp was good i was doing decent damage could hold my own. but i am currently 47 i am a melee mage harbinger. my damage to npcs is great my damage to players if seen out side in open world pvp is good as well, but in war fronts at 47 im hitting for like 350-500 i would assume that's because of buffs etc etc. other then that its like hitting a brick wall with a stick so could some one explain to me please why this is other then my class being horrible thank you much appreciated.
    If you were a cleric (dpsing), it would be "working as intended". As a mage, others may have better explanations...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

I wish there was a reason other then the class being horrible, but sadly I havn't played in the last 2 months because of the state of MAGE PVP, a rogue in horrible gear can easily destroy my 300% better equiped mage, sorry man but it's just the way it is.

Hopefully things change a bit in 2.2, but if a half geared rogue can still kill a mage in way better gear so easily then i'm never playing again. Pity I still had 100+ days of sub left to but I just can't play it like this.
    Last edited by Sneakii; 02-08-2013 at 10:10 PM.
    if ( MageDevFail = True ) {QuitRift} else {PlayAgainFun}
    Sneakygemini - Mage Rank62
    Sneakycupid - Rogue Rank40
    Sneakyaries - Warrior Rank50
    Sneakyi - Cleric Rank40

Ascendant

At certain level tiers you are better off switching up your builds so: A) You can learn your calling fully and also realize b) certain builds are stronger/weaker at different tiers. Try going pyro mainly for example or pure ele and you will kill a lot faster once you get used to it, or dom/pyro and what not. Mixing/matching will also help you see even if you want to be 61 harb at end game what other class you want to blend with.

Mage is a tough class though because, as stated by a few others I've seen and I agree, much of it is more stable and nearer the mark of where we should be compared to the other callings. This also means you have a lot of ups and down in the other callings, or straight up mostly if rogue.

Don't hold your breath either because its obvious the game is catered to mostly pve so what happens is that changes are made frequently for pve, then they finally get to some pvp fixes but by that time they are changing things up again for pve. Gives you a roller coaster feeling and that they don't care about pvp. In reality they just don't have much time for it, though they will constantly state they will look at the pvp implications after adjusting (really for pve). Basically its a lot of good intentions that fall flat and leave most going wtf?
    Last edited by Wrastion; 02-08-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Telaran

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...tdb0Go.Vzz.-11 since you like harb run this.. and let the rage tells come in gets alot better at 48 with phantom blades.
    Kajii aka Subtanceabuse (Illuminati) Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisGrey View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...tdb0Go.Vzz.-11 since you like harb run this.. and let the rage tells come in gets alot better at 48 with phantom blades.
    You caught me twice the other day in cq while I was solo in my sab spec.

/notfun
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakii View Post
    I wish there was a reason other then the class being horrible, but sadly I havn't played in the last 2 months because of the state of MAGE PVP, a rogue in horrible gear can easily destroy my 300% better equiped mage, sorry man but it's just the way it is.

Hopefully things change a bit in 2.2, but if a half geared rogue can still kill a mage in way better gear so easily then i'm never playing again. Pity I still had 100+ days of sub left to but I just can't play it like this.
    Same boat, I've all but given up on my mage. Sure, if I'm in the zerg with heals I do decent dmg, even get some good kills, but one rogue breathes on me and I melt. Mages need more CCs imho since there is **** for ways to self heal through a rogue attack.

I wish they'd buff the healz from Soul Purge, then I could actually play a necro/lock again.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    You caught me twice the other day in cq while I was solo in my sab spec.

/notfun
    good fights
    Kajii aka Subtanceabuse (Illuminati) Seastone

Ascendant

Are you using /Chloromancer? Harb does much better with /Pyro and/or /Ele for damage output purposes.

You need to practice your mage :x
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisGrey View Post
    good fights
    Haha, ya I think I got you to 50% once! =D
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

i re rolled a mage cuz squirrels are just so darn cute

Quote Originally Posted by Strente View Post
    i re rolled a mage cuz squirrels are just so darn cute
    with the dom synergy crystal you can now create a herd of squirrels, even cutter !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

... i am currently .. a .. mage; my class [is] horrible..
    fixed it for u.. no need to clutter it with unnecessary info.

Meduza@Deepwood - [YouTube]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast