+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What is the point of the prestige system?

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

Default What is the point of the prestige system?

Seriously, what is the point when people in blues still face others who are in purple gear?

The grind from fresh 60 to full freelancer set is just as atrocious as rank 1-4 in vanilla. Nevermind the Warlord set.

I'd rather sit in a 20 minute queue for a fair and fun fight than a minute queue for a 10 minute ****.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor_Ljubavi View Post
    Seriously, I'd rather sit in a 20 minute queue for a fair and fun fight than a minute queue for a 10 minute ****.
    The fight is a fair as it's going to get if you rarely queue up and don't take the time to pvp which also means you lack experience. If your getting your *** handed to you now, you'll still be getting your *** handed to you in full warlord so what's the point of this thread?
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

I queue up daily, and played through out vanilla. I figured Trion would have this stuff adjusted already for fun factor. So no, I don't 'lack experience', equal skill, a player in warlord is going to crush a fresh 60.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Ascendant

this proofs, the stat difference can be as abysmal as possible, the way to advance as fast as being instant, people will still complain and whine and qq.

Seriously, what is the point when people in blues still face others who are in purple gear?
    You haven't looked at the stat increases from merc > freelancer > warlord, have you?

PvP is practically normalized now (thanks to massive QQ). If you have a PvP spec and know how to use it, gear is not an issue. The upgrade system isn't bad either. People shouldn't be able to zerg CQ for favor and gear up overnight. I think Trion did a good thing with implementing tokens for dailies/weeklies.

There is definately a gear difference, I sit at 20k~ HP after the buff in the warfront, and the geared out folk are sitting at 35-40k~.

There is definately a gear difference, I sit at 20k~ HP after the buff in the warfront, and the geared out folk are sitting at 35-40k~.
    Get a PvP spec then.

Sword of Telara

any class has the capability of having that much hp. the stat difference between merc and warlord gear is maybe 50 attack power. when you have 2000+ ap an extra 50 or 60 is not going to be game breaking.

the geared out players arent using your glass cannon spec

P.S. when i run a glass cannon spec in full freelancer, i have 20k~ HP too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

> Compares dps specs to tank specs.
    > Blames gear in a system that functionally normalizes gear.

Let's go three for three.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

OP obviously hasn't tried PvP when there were only 6 ranks

Plane Walker

I'm happy with the gear situation. In my opinion PvP gear should give you an edge rather than be your crutch. Any gear that is even 1 point higher than another gear would be an edge since it's 1 point the enemy may not have.

Quote Originally Posted by minipara View Post
    OP obviously hasn't tried PvP when there were only 6 ranks
    Ah the days of running a 33 WL/33 VK tank spec as a Rank 2 and getting killed by full DPS with double my HP, good times.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth1890 View Post
    I'm happy with the gear situation. In my opinion PvP gear should give you an edge rather than be your crutch. Any gear that is even 1 point higher than another gear would be an edge since it's 1 point the enemy may not have.
    I agree; there should be an edge. Just like how PvE people grind for gear and raid for loot to see themselves at the top of the damage meters. But, just like in PvP, you can have a dumb spec or a sloppy rotation and all the gear in the world won't make you dps better in the guy in scrub gear who knows what he's doing.

The bolstering is where it should be. Yes, I remember the R8 days (I still bear the emotional butt scars) and that was a biiiiiiiiig painful gap. Nowadays, if you run a tested pvp spec with survivability, you can enter a WF with mercenary equivalent and do just fine.

Ell Tee Pee.

With the way gear is now and the mild stat diff between WL and Merc gear I'm not seeing your problem. Sorry but your raid dps spec may not be able to hold up against a real pvp spec. it's nothing like the old R1 vs R8 days, where the R1 had better run fast or 4 man the R8. I haven't started my WL gear quite yet but see no reason to avoid an R80 full WL geared pvper, specs and talent are going to control how a fight plays out not an extra 1k HPs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast