+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: focus the healer??

Default focus the healer??

Thread #98342 about healing in warfronts...

so someone want to tell me how focusing the healer is going to take care of this situation??

http://imageshack.us/f/267/superhealing.jpg/

we actually won the warfront, but my god was it ever annoying

Focus and Pug are just about incompatible. You have to put the healer in front of their nose at half HP, /yell I'M ABOUT TO SILENCE THIS GUY, SWITCH TO MY TARGET, hope they notice, hope their tab target finds your target, and hope they have something bursty ready to go, all outside of LoS of their defiler or CI spamming buddies in the back.

I hope direct cast heals stay powerful, I sorta like the current potency. The overlapping AoE garbage though is rather annoying. If the radius was comparable to most AoE damage, I'd be cool with it, too - but it's 3x the range, and makes healers in packs worse than wolves.

Maybe they could adjust the AoE heal radius instead of the raw output for PvP only.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Focus the sab, or better yet their healer.

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/r...x/lolheals.jpg

ps. Had to find somewhere this was semi appropriate. What a fun game of insane heals and damage.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-02-2013 at 01:37 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Master

The inconsistency of range is a really good point I hadn't thought of previously. Heck, chloro has a talent to increase aoe heal range from 20 to 35 yards when the vast majority of aoe dmg fits inside of 10-15?

As I posted in my ridiculous tome, I still think "free healing" is the biggest culprit here. At the very least, damage should always have some value. If that value is only denting a healer's mana bar, so be it. At least then, conceivably, you might wear down a pack of healers to the point where you can start pressuring some of them without having to coordinate and global some sucker from 100 to 0.

Think about why so many one-sided warfronts are soooo one-sided. Is the skill disparity between the two sides such that a team should actually win codex 1000-74? Or is the victor of any given encounter simply capable of steamrolling from one fight to the next, indefinitely, because the engine powering the machine (the heals) is functionally infinite?
    Last edited by handerhank; 02-02-2013 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post

I hope direct cast heals stay powerful, I sorta like the current potency. The overlapping AoE garbage though is rather annoying. If the radius was comparable to most AoE damage, I'd be cool with it, too - but it's 3x the range, and makes healers in packs worse than wolves.
    The only difference between Aoe Damage and Aoe Healing, is smart heal. But range and area is if not equal, larger on most non warrior aoe specs.

AoE range for damage is definitely way smaller than aoe range for heals. Any Sab who plays a Bard, Healing cleric who plays a Cab etc probably realizes this.

Unless I totally am that bad at perception.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-02-2013 at 01:42 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Range =/= Radius
    Fatsug - GOD
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings. Daglar
    When!?

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    AoE range for damage is definitely way smaller than aoe range for heals. Any Sab who plays a Bard, Healing cleric who plays a Cab etc probably realizes this.

Unless I totally am that bad at perception.
    I play warden and cab the most, i notice very little difference in who gets affected by my heals or damage, in fact, i have more control on who i damage than who i heal.

The only reason why damage may seem smaller, is that i can automagically heal the more hurt players within my range + within my max player limit, whilst my damage is first come first serve + target limit.
    Down fall in healing is that its very easy to not get healed if someone is even a few hp lower than you are.

And if my aoe heal is 15m (which many of them are) or even 30m (like UO-cab and WoR-Warden), and only the outside people are mainly hurt, i may see 1-2 people within the center of the raidus, whilst the rest of the outlier part, get heal, giving the illusion that my aoe heals on average is bigger.

Whilst BF and SoD and Tyranny are hitting exactly who i target and whoever is around them. If they were to spread out more to the max range, then it would give the same effect as the aoe healing.
    Fortunately for cab, its easy to spread my damage around, mainly due to mechanics, making target limit my only real limit.

Then again, people run from damage, not healing making its even worse to judge actual area effects.

Iunno, for my cleric at least, damage and heal range seems fairly equal when comparing actual aoe soul.

But thats just my view point. Been wrong before.

Edit: As for actual distance, they are most definitely equal. 2 points in senti or inqui and both types are rocking that 35m.
    Last edited by Eughe; 02-02-2013 at 01:59 AM.

I will clarify and say radius, not range. If teams were forced to huddle near their healers to soak the non-targeted spam, they'd also share a lot more of the nasty damage and group CC.

Some people have the presence of mind to not run through their raid with storm shackle, spam abilities with mass betrayal, or get fully loaded by a sab and tote a time bomb back to the bridge. They'd probably be in the extreme minority, however.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Focus the dps.

If your raid can't push out enough to drop a single dps target, then your raid just doesn't have the dps to do much of anything.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Focus the dps.

If your raid can't push out enough to drop a single dps target, then your raid just doesn't have the dps to do much of anything.
    dude...when there's that many healers healing that much....**** aint dying, this was a BG for christ sakes...they're not a long running WF...these are the damge #s for the same WF

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3...healingdmg.jpg

that should be enough for things to die in a black garden

i really like this whole concept of radius being reduce din PVP to be more like damage...maybe not quite the same, but at least less ridiculous than it is now (just for pvp)

Default Give him what he wants

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe19 View Post
    Thread #98342 about healing in warfronts...

so someone want to tell me how focusing the healer is going to take care of this situation??

http://imageshack.us/f/267/superhealing.jpg/

we actually won the warfront, but my god was it ever annoying
    The answer he is fishing for is buff warriors... now this thread can be closed. Once upon a time, the warriors in this game were battle hardened death machines that were the deciding factors of every match. Since the skill factor has entirely evaporated from the class, and has been replaced with artificially subsidized high dps for the sake of some meta game conception, easily obtained medium to long range, on demand burst with no build up, great CC, and unlimited mobility..... you all have become lazy and dependent on your bugs and pocket healers. I thought rogues *****ed alot, but damn you guys are a bunch of babies. There are NO healers that cannot be killed by two good dpsers. Find me one and I will devote my life to their worship and laundry. They don't exist. Learn to time your burst, Learn the spec you are trying to kill, learn to CC, learn to bait cooldowns, do your HOMEWORK on the classes around you, and stop complaining about pugs being pugs. If they werent pugs, they would be premades.
    Last edited by Anathemus; 02-02-2013 at 07:11 AM.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Personally I don't think you are going to out DPS a group of healers and really if they are smart you shouldn't be able to.

However there is a reason why there are crowd control mechanics in the pvp. If more people would switch to one of their CC roles when they see the fight becoming a heal fest you might see a difference. I have personally seen it make a difference. I'm not saying everyone should go CC but it really does help. We just need to notice our group dynamics and see if our groups would benefit more from us as dps, heals or cc support.
    Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Anathemus View Post
    If they werent pugs, they would be premades.
    How about we just not put the two in the same game?

If people want to press "Group" let them wait to play against others that press that same button.

:: gets popcorn ready ::

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Quote Originally Posted by Anathemus View Post
    The answer he is fishing for is buff warriors...

this post (the long version of the above) is stupid, and not accurate at all

this thread, and the other 10 thousand like it aren't about buffing dps, they're about dealing with healing, because despite the fact that you've got the people that think they're amazing and the people that roll healers and want to be OP who just hate hate hate hate when anyone says anything about healing...we don't want to be buffed as dps...we don't want TTK to go down, we just want healers to have less sway over the battlefield than they currently do which is ridiculous...you can hate on this thread and the other ones, which you have been and will continue to do...but it won't stop the threads from being created, as people are unhappy with the situation, so queue up your troll responses because there'll be another thousand of these threads created by other people too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast