Like Tree25Likes

Thread: focus the healer??

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Winning is more fun than losing.
    ya, ikr? I'd rather win than lose.

oh, nice doormat btw.

@stryfe19
    I'd rather have a competitive match vs. a faceroll any day. It seems like the match you had was competitive. You just couldn't win through pew pew tactics. Variety... enjoy it if you can, otherwise SR out if your in a match that's bugging you that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth1890 View Post
    Y O U W O N T H E M A T C H. Gotta learn to cherry pick your examples better when you're talking about how much healers sway a battlefield.
    That is what I was thinking as well. I think this might have been more of a look at how much damage I did post disguised as a nerf healers thread.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

I only target rogues, dps clerics and tempests

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    I only target rogues, dps clerics and tempests
    Oh ya, two of my three classes.

/YOUSOMEAN
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

As a cab, I target the weak and unsuspecting player. In scion, I can have a decent amount of KB as a cab because I know the players who are "squishy" and concentrate on them. This allows the healers to fully concentrate on them oppose to the stronger players. In addition, as a inquis, I mainly concentrate on mages and healers as their NB can do a lot of damage, and applies pressure on them. As a defiler, I concentrate on melee to spread the bonds and then concentrating on ensuing healers are alive. It does however help to concentrate a focus target on a player because eventually they will fall, if they don't it is because your team member doesn't know how to target the player you have marked 1 or they don't care who they are targeting. It is essential for players to try to concentrate and focus on the raid's mark 1 target.

BECAUSE FOCUS TARGETING WORKS, IF PLAYERS CONCENTRATE ON THEIR MARKED TARGET BUT SOME PLAYERS ARE STUPID TO UNDERSTAND THAT CONCEPT.
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 02-02-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Don't worry guys..soon healers will be gimp again. And they will be the doormats that you want them to be.

When that happens don't come crying to the forums that there's no healers. Most of us will probably be switching to dps.
    Healers can't be gimp when Defiler does stuff like hang out passive 30% damage reduction temps and other nice temps like 50% reduction with 50% incoming heals etc. I almost feel disserviced by reading too much on these forums and not looking for myself. Everyone talks about the heals going up and down. Nobody even mentions the most utterly powerful aspects like 30% damage reduction links that are easily interchangeable among team mates.

Perhaps maybe the other souls should be as good - I can't see anything that touches the effect those links have overall. I understand some of the downfalls of the Defiler (hp reductions, mana conservation), but they are amazing when there are some other competent team mates. That is the other thing about heals. The more I look into it, the more I feel some souls just don't cut it when you are alone, especially not healing bad DPS. But, I think some of the souls people say suck a lot, just suck a lot alone. If I remember anything from Eq2 top end raiding, it is more so when you combine the right 2 - 3 healers in a group that makes it amazing. Take one of those 2 main healers out of the MT group, or put in a different role healer than the main preferred and things change drastically. I see people focusing on the wrong aspects and not giving enough merit to synergy among heal roles in the same group.

Course we all know PUG wfs are a toss up. Hard to really have too much in control if you are solo que. I am being spoiled these days Like that Scion game. Taking almost 3 million damage with 4 deaths is help from other heals and not just one, indeed. But the game breaker was me having a full time 30% damage reduction with good ST heals. And that, as far as I can see, isn't going anywhere. >.< When a cleric can give someone a passive mitigation that is equal to ~50% the base mitigation from valor and with temps single handedly exceed the valor mit, that is amazing. A defiler can give buffs/temp buffs to a person with 0 valor, and give them greater damage reduction (for a limited time) than someone without their buffs, but full base valor. That seems pro to me.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-02-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe19 View Post
    dude...when there's that many healers healing that much....**** aint dying, this was a BG for christ sakes...they're not a long running WF...these are the damge #s for the same WF
    2.2 million as top damage w/ 2 KBs tells me the train isn't tight enough or the CC is non-existent.

If it was a ten minute long BG (I assume it was shorter, but please let me know if I'm wrong), that puts the combined dps of your top five at about 13.5k, nevermind the rest of the team. That includes idle time (of which there is admittedly little) and disconnects, so I would wager the "real" value is at least a little higher -- especially since that's the sustained value and not the burst.

If you're having trouble dropping targets with that kind of ST parse, you're not on the same targets, and if it wasn't ST damage, then it's an l2p issue for the rest of the roster (you're playing Tempest and I'm going to assume you know how to burst it like it's a Tactician).

Of course, based on my miserable experience pugging over the past month and a half, I'm pretty sure my cat has a higher attention span than most of the people currently playing Rift, so I'm more than confident it's an l2p issue.

Edit: Oh, btw, I'm trying to find your assist button/macro on your hotbars in your screenshot, but I'm struggling.
    Last edited by Kyera; 02-02-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Champion

If there is something i would love for Trion to copy from GW2 then it would be their target system. Anyone in the group that press ctrl+t will target a person, this will be told in chat (and the person in target will receive a symbol above their head, and anyone that want to help out on this very same person, just press T and they focus the same target. Fast and very easy.
    Trion? Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    So basically you are looking to win easier and quicker, is that the issue...you had to work for it?
    I've actually replied w/ quote to like 5 separate messages in this thread now that I'm not looking to win more/less/any-other-modifier...the thread is about fun in warfronts, fun is the key word

i know some of you are so obcessed with winning/losing that you just can't seem to grasp that someone is talking about something else...but I state again..the thread is about the impact of mass-healing on fun

i know some of you are so obcessed with winning/losing that you just can't seem to grasp that someone is talking about something else...but I state again..the thread is about the impact of mass-healing on fun
    When PvP is reduced to the point where I can have totally unrelated conversations with someone over vcom while mindlessly cycling through and exploding targets and topping charts, that's when I find that the game starts to get patently unfun. I had a run with that cycle during 1.11 (Purifier ******** excepted, but MM was so ridic at that point you could still power through it with one timely silence).

Maybe you find it fun to not fight resilient targets and not have to try and do things like drag targets out of LoS/range of their support or assist someone else or drop timely CC, and that's fine -- you're totally entitled to your concept of "fun".

Doesn't change my feelings on this entire "conversation", especially since your presentation indicates you're unsatisfied with how long it took you to kill people (and/or win) when fighting a team with a bunch of healers.

Of course, I'm not having much fun pugging now, either. Mind you, if Joe Average would do **** like "pick good targets" or "assist" or "use interrupts on the Sentinel hardcasting heals", I probably would.
    Last edited by Kyera; 02-02-2013 at 09:00 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I've actually replied w/ quote to like 5 separate messages in this thread now that I'm not looking to win more/less/any-other-modifier...the thread is about fun in warfronts, fun is the key word

Yea, it is ALWAYS more fun (as healing or dps)...to wait in the gy to rez and then run back to action...thats my idea of fun times...bring it on...

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Yea, it is ALWAYS more fun (as healing or dps)...to wait in the gy to rez and then run back to action...thats my idea of fun times...bring it on...

You fail to understand the basics of TTK. Let me give you an example. A healer in the current and even prior to bug had greatly exaggerated TTK. Ever played 1.11 puri or broken sent? Or current defiler? If you were to take the TTK of a burst spec multiply it by 100 it will be 1000x less survivable than the current broken healing specs around. Do you get it? The problem is that 1000x can only mean 30-1min+ where the burst spec will die less than a gcd if they were not receiving healing under 2-3 dps.

Nothing is going to change the meta game. Healers are capable of healing and dps. If there is too much dps they can heal ...other classes do not have the option nor Trion has not even considered giving them the option to heal or a way to up the natural TTK of those burst specs....they never will IMO...if you are not happy playing a cleric or mage you will never be happy since obviously giving you the best of both worlds is not good enough even if you have option to take an extreme amount of focus...not good enough. Nothing is going to please you and healers were fine in SL...you can ask top healers who hit the rank 80 before any other class...since they farm/won most the games played.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    You fail to understand the basics of TTK. Let me give you an example. A healer in the current and even prior to bug had greatly exaggerated TTK. Ever played 1.11 puri or broken sent? Or current defiler? If you were to take the TTK of a burst spec multiply it by 100 it will be 1000x less survivable than the current broken healing specs around. Do you get it? The problem is that 1000x can only mean 30-1min+ where the burst spec will die less than a gcd if they were not receiving healing under 2-3 dps.

Nothing is going to change the meta game. Healers are capable of healing and dps. If there is too much dps they can heal ...other classes do not have the option nor Trion has not even considered giving them the option to heal or a way to up the natural TTK of those burst specs....they never will IMO...if you are not happy playing a cleric or mage you will never be happy since obviously giving you the best of both worlds is not good enough even if you have option to take an extreme amount of focus...not good enough. Nothing is going to please you and healers were fine in SL...you can ask top healers who hit the rank 80 before any other class...since they farm/won most the games played.
    Actually, I never played the broken specs, never really used puri and only put a few points into sent.

Nothing is stopping you or anyone else complaining about heals, to roll one. You have the same option to "have the best of both worlds". I prefer mages and clerics, because I like caster classes. I also, have one of every class at level 50 or higher.

Doesn't bother me, as I quit healing about 2 months prior to SL release. Too much of a roller coaster ride... Problem lies in, they go from one extreme to the other and have every time.

BTW, clerics mainly only heal well. Lets not confuse mages and clerics. DPS on clerics have always taken a back seat to other classes...and anytime it gets on par...they nerf it. If I want dps, I play my mage or rogue, as for warriors I just don't like playing (melee)...at all.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

even prior to bug had greatly exaggerated TTK
    This just isn't true.

And even now, with bugs..healers are still dying, quite quickly in fact.

Healers are capable of healing and dps. If there is too much dps they can heal ...other classes do not have the option
    Now this is what your problem is.
    Last edited by Misun; 02-03-2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: sunday mornin' trolololo'in
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

This just isn't true.

And even now, with bugs..healers are still dying, quite quickly in fact.
    Is it that you just expect to NOT die?

Even with defensive cooldowns and healing - DPS and Tanks were dying -- what is your point?

Do all healers just think because you CAN heal you should LIVE forever or not need to depend on your team?

It takes 3-4 dps, currently, to kill ONE bugged healer: more if there is another bugged healer cross healing.

You, and other healers, keep telling DPS we are fail because we do not use team work or coordinate.

What does that make healers if you want to bypass needing your team and survive on your own?

Healers keep threatening to not heal in PvP like it is something that is going to scare the Devs and/or DPS.

Go ahead - do it - I dare you.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast