+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Please Add Infinity Stones to PVP Rewards!

Default Please Add Infinity Stones to PVP Rewards!

Please add Infinity Stones to PVP rewards in Warfronts. Because the cost of Freelancer's Essence's are so high, adding more to CQ rewards would be appreciated. Also, a reward of 1 Infinity Stone per win or 1 to daily's would be nice.

(On average I will yield about 4 stones per CQ before I get booted out at the end.)
    Last edited by GennyG; 02-01-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    Genny@Greybriar

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4141264

Quote Originally Posted by daglar View Post
    With all due respect, no.

There are going to be portions of the game where content crosses over and it grants benefits. You are not absolutely required by the game to take part in this activity. You feel that you must as you are a high end raider. We absolutely give you an incentive to engage in this content - I will not argue that point.

I have seen these requests before - I will see them again. We will not be removing the PvE benefits from Conquest. We will not be removing the trinkets from working in PvE.

The same holds true of requiring infinity stones for essences from PvP. There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in. This is why we create a variety of reward paths.

~Daglar

This is a pretty solid bottom line IMO from a horses mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    With all due respect, no.

There are going to be portions of the game where content crosses over and it grants benefits. You are not absolutely required by the game to take part in this activity. You feel that you must as you are a high end raider. We absolutely give you an incentive to engage in this content - I will not argue that point.

I have seen these requests before - I will see them again. We will not be removing the PvE benefits from Conquest. We will not be removing the trinkets from working in PvE.

The same holds true of requiring infinity stones for essences from PvP. There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in. This is why we create a variety of reward paths.
    What I do wish is that they would raise the payout of IS in CQ like they used to be at 50. Perhaps they felt it was better than they wanted it and worried it would undermine real zone events. But right now I can't think of anybody who stays in CQ to get IS. It just isn't worth it. At least before CQ was a reasonable way to obtain IS. I think expressing interest in having IS reward higher in CQ is PvP'ers best bet to obtain them more efficiently without pure requirement of zone events. However, his quote there basically says CQ will remain a requirement for top notch performance in PvE settings.

I just disagree with the "Feel that you must if you are a high end raider". It is common style and desire in an MMO to make your toon the best you can. No matter where you place it, and based on what it helps in, people will do what it takes. The complaint that I've heard a lot in MMO's is just that the things that make people the best are sometimes planted in areas of gameplay that defy the avenue they seem to be taking main interest and working down. Guess the world just ain't fair Apples and oranges as it is a different game, and nothing dictates that they should be the same. But I sure know in Eq2 I never had to touch anything PvP related to be one of the best DPS in the game. Unfortunately though, pvp'ers had to raid to be the best PvP'ers, hands down. So it probably never is perfect. But I do think I have seen more extreme examples and it really isn't *that* bad in Rift. You should certainly enjoy the game from a broad aspect though if you want longevity of interest.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-01-2013 at 05:27 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I understand what you are saying and from the quote what I gather is that PVE players need to do CQ to be "top notch". I'm only asking that more of a reward be given in CQ or some added to WF considering the cost of the essences. Increased Freelancer's Mark of Conquest
    now drop in CQ. I'm very glad of this and I think it was a good move considering how long it takes to earn them. Maybe a consideration of Infinity Stones would also be a good move.
    Genny@Greybriar

It would be nice as a PVP player to pop into zone events and soak up Infinity Stones by doing nothing. I believe it's a double standard that PVE can do that in CQ and PVP players can not do that in World Events. Just something to think about, maybe, please, increase stone rate drop just a little .
    Genny@Greybriar

would be nice if we can get a repeatable quest inside of cq to reward infinity stones for kill counts(within a certain vicinity). you know, like actually rewarding winning fights instead of globally benefitting everyone including afkers.

maybe say 350 kills for 4 stones?

I agree, bring back the 20+ stones for tagging all foci/boss/minis.

I seriously leave because 1 stone is not even worth my time.

The problem is, as daglar said, the intention is to have crossovers, however there is an imbalance. I got a few ISS and tons (with respect to WFs) of favor and prestige in cq, though if I go to do random world events as my pvp to pve cross over, I just get 11 iss, and zero prestige and favor.

Obviously either, the ISS payout in CQ should be increased, or I should somehow get tons of favor and prestige in world events.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-01-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennyG View Post
    It would be nice as a PVP player to pop into zone events and soak up Infinity Stones by doing nothing. I believe it's a double standard that PVE can do that in CQ and PVP players can not do that in World Events. Just something to think about, maybe, please, increase stone rate drop just a little .
    Half of the zone events have a certain spot where the final boss spawns. Ridiculously minimal tagging can get full 10 IS credit. It is also easy to just wait in the middle of a map/use ports to catch the boss where he spawns in more unpredictable spots.

I already said I am all for upping the IS amount in CQ. But, I don't think anyone can honestly say it takes much effort to get IS either.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    The problem is, as daglar said, the intention is to have crossovers, however there is an imbalance.
    I agree with that. CQ should get closer to the ISS payout it had at level 50 for 60 IS. It is just the premise suggestion of the thread related to getting IS in Warfronts. That would be sort of like trying to get CQ marks in dungeons. I think in that matter, Dags quote is spot on to why they wouldn't bend over that far backwards just to make them available other places.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-01-2013 at 06:30 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in.
    It's counterproductive to design a game where players are required to participate in an aspect of the game they don't enjoy in order to advance in the aspect of the game they do enjoy. Kinda' sours people on the game as a whole.

Players know what they like and what they don't. MMO's don't have to micromanage game play as much as they think they do.

winning a cq match and killing the boss, I recieved 1 infinity stone. Kind of a kick in the nuts.

I want raid bosses to drop infinity stones since PvPers can get them for no effort in conquest and I actually have to go tag events or, heaven forbid, participate in PvP as a raider.

Grinding IS is simply a pain, i dont mind doing the repeatables and pretty sure i finished every carnage, but the pay off is just, low. And considering, that just as its a "requirement" for pvers to get conquest crap, pvpers are required to get many items with uses IS as part of the currency.

You added the 100 marks/x kills.
    Lets see you spruce up the IS in pve.

Doubling the IS rewards would go a long way for those who cant catch every world event (or any, i think ive done volan twice? and the last event i did, well, i was 56)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    I want raid bosses to drop infinity stones since PvPers can get them for no effort in conquest and I actually have to go tag events or, heaven forbid, participate in PvP as a raider.

Right...because CQ gives out so many stones.

Get outta here
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Right...because CQ gives out so many stones.

Get outta here
    1 per tagging a foci is more than zero.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast