+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Paxx
  • 1 Post By Misun
  • 1 Post By Violacea

Thread: AFK'ers in Conquest

Soulwalker

Default AFK'ers in Conquest

I just left the CQ, 2 raids of NF, 9 AFK from the 1st and 6 from the other.......
    Allowing these people to abuse and leech on those who actually try to play a fair game is plain BS!
    Yay! we are able to "Choose" our preferred faction but what it is for real: People who have the lowest latency get to be in their "Preferred" faction, everyone else gets tossed with the "leftovers"
    Do something about the AFK-ers and MAKE THE CQ's totally random, ONE button! only way its "fair"
    pvp in this game was great, CQ was great but some changes made last patches gave only a few players a HUGE advantage.

There, and flame me all u want, i dont care.

How would you stop AFKers?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

foolish afkers didnt drop from the raid before afking?

i can assure you there are three times as many afkers not in any raid that you missed.

if you afk in a raid, you have about 5 minutes between having to nudge your mouse to avoid being kicked out. if you're not in a raid, you have 15 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Champion of Telara

Doesn't even include the ones you don't easily see. If you are running with a recon vial you will see plenty more green dots up in the towers or high up in the way back of the base trying to avoid the obvious spawn spot. Some recent ones have been hiding a little outside the base like in the corner of the courtyard or near the front line turrets (while still within range of them).

Ascendant

It could be changed easily - you get no more marks if you haven't killed something or captured an extractor in the last 5 minutes. Problem solved, sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    foolish afkers didnt drop from the raid before afking?

i can assure you there are three times as many afkers not in any raid that you missed.

if you afk in a raid, you have about 5 minutes between having to nudge your mouse to avoid being kicked out. if you're not in a raid, you have 15 mins.
    It is the same. If you get kicked out of a raid you just get kicked out of the raid, not CQ.

And the AFK timer is def less than 15m iirc for raw afking. Pretty sure I tabbed out once and got into something distracting and completely forgot about CQ. Seemed like less than 15m though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    It could be changed easily - you get no more marks if you haven't killed something or captured an extractor in the last 5 minutes. Problem solved, sort of.
    AFK the whole time and hit something during the 5m countdown. It would have an effect. But I am just curious to see if someone can suggest an idea that I couldn't dodge if I had the intention to.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-01-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Pretty sure I tabbed out once and got into something distracting and completely forgot about CQ.
    Pr0n.

morewordshere.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Ascendant

AFK the whole time and hit something during the 5m countdown. It would have an effect. But I am just curious to see if someone can suggest an idea that I couldn't dodge if I had the intention to.
    True, would be annoying though, would have to move back to your group every 5 minutes. I don't really have any other idea frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    True, would be annoying though, would have to move back to your group every 5 minutes. I don't really have any other idea frankly.
    Oh I thought you meant to get the end rewards you had to do that. Yeah it would be harder to afk if you got booted for not doing things, not just not moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Pr0n.

morewordshere.
    Might be the same ballpark.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-01-2013 at 06:15 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

It is the same. If you get kicked out of a raid you just get kicked out of the raid, not CQ.

And the AFK timer is def less than 15m iirc for raw afking. Pretty sure I tabbed out once and got into something distracting and completely forgot about CQ. Seemed like less than 15m though.
    it is not the same. i didnt say anything about players getting kicked out of raids. i was talking about AFKers leaving the raids themselves, because it allows for longer afk times.

out of raid afk timer is easilly long enough for me to go outside for a smoke, go to the bathroom, get a drink and come back without getting flagged as AFK.

if you dont drop your raid, it is a much shorter time to be flagged as AFK.

this is why looking at those in your raid to see who is afk is mostly useless. it just tells you who needed a quick break during the 2 hour long CQ. most of those players are active for the majority of the match.

the true afkers are out of raid, out of sight, unless you have a recon vial and know where to look.
    Last edited by Kronos v; 02-01-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

How would you stop AFKers?
    Kick for non contribution. Every ten minutes, one minute before reward timer, kick anyone who has not killed, been killed or capped since the last ten minute timer. Exemption for the first ten minute timer so new players don't get kicked. Slap on a twenty five hour debuff to prevent a return to conquest.

That would be a good start. Would add crafting something as well. If you can't craft, kill, cap or die once in ten minutes you might be a leecher.

If you go to the trouble to subvert that for an entire conquest you are just a horrible person with no chance of redemption. Tracking people who minimally pass each check and banning them would take care of that.
    Last edited by aeio; 02-02-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

I don't afk, but I do join late -- though I also participate for those last ~400-500 kills.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    Kick for non contribution. Every ten minutes, one minute before reward timer, kick anyone who has not killed, been killed or capped since the last ten minute timer. Exemption for the first ten minute timer so new players don't get kicked. Slap on a twenty five hour debuff to prevent a return to conquest.

That would be a good start. Would add crafting something as well. If you can't craft, kill, cap or die once in ten minutes you might be a leecher.

If you go to the trouble to subvert that for an entire conquest you are just a horrible person with no chance of redemption. Tracking people who minimally pass each check and banning them would take care of that.
    These ideas are a great start. 10 minutes is way too generous, I think. 5 minutes is plenty.

Maybe fisherbot has some level-70 elite cousins that could roam the bases. They might also like to pay a visit to anyone who is by themselves, and hasn't moved across the landscape lately. The solution applied to AFKers in onslaughts might be applicable here as well.

I don't know. We're gonna have to trust the dev team to find a good solution.

I support Daglar's position. To get the most out of this game, you do both PvP and PvE. That goes for the experience, and the rewards too.

The game is not the problem here. The self-entitled people who AFK through the content are the problem. It's exactly the same attitude that caused the fishbotting problem, and the onslaught AFK problem, and the raid exploiting.

If you don't like some of the content, don't do it. Despite the assertions of some (well, of one), there is no PvE content that requires the trinket.

Plane Touched

Yesterday I was on Dominion, our team was owning the map, then my wireless decides to disconnect for 2-3 minutes. So, I get back in the game, see Dominion banner on my conquest tab, click "Join". "You're allied with Nightfall for the duration of the match". What kind of crap is that? Don't blame the AFKers, blame the design.

+ Reply to Thread