+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spaceboots

Thread: CQ suggestion

Shadowlander

Default CQ suggestion

Can you for the love of god, make the CQ queue random - check the EU servers for wins - and you will see NF winning 80%+ because noone wants to join Oath or dominion because you know nightfall is gonna outnumber them by 2:1 at least.

Implement random queue, and the problem is fixed.
    RIFT the game where the gear carries the player - not the other way around.

I like your idea of making CQ completely random now. It would take out some of the

frustration or belief that one team has more active players and less afkers. Many people

were complaining about the unfairness of queing in CQ before the random feature was

activated. The next step should be full random for everyone, no choosing teams. Then

maybe also add some other ideas from other threads.
    Genny@Greybriar

Shadowlander

I am fully aware that its the players attitude towards CQ that makes the unbalance, but if you want to be a fair fight, you put in random teams - 1 button places you in a random team - and if that does not fix it, implement some kind of auto balance system, so that we dont have this 1 sided CQ over 80% of the time.
    RIFT the game where the gear carries the player - not the other way around.

Join with your guild and act as a special forces type unit. For those that like raiding treat it Like PVE. Except you know that group x of random players isnt going to be as hard as Crucia to beat. Run your specs just like yall would in a raid and coordinate. It is ten times more fun than zerging and doesn't make CQ a grind it makes it fun win or lose. Just remember if you are in a group larger than 5 hit random so that it will find a team big enough for yours. And you will be surprised what 10 organized people can do to turn the tide of a CQ match.
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

A guild mate also came up with some great Ideas for CQ. Let it be on a point system like Codex. The longer you hold an extractor the more it is worth point wise and also player kills count towards your points. That way you have incentive to defend your extractors you have because you don't want to have to start over and reset the extractor points. This would mace CQ fun and have purpose. Teams would defend their areas and place like CM or the north east would become strong place to control. Teams would be forced to send 20 man teams to different part of the maps to defend. Then CQ would not be a mindless zerg fest and would be super fun.
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Quote Originally Posted by Abealri View Post
    A guild mate also came up with some great Ideas for CQ. Let it be on a point system like Codex. The longer you hold an extractor the more it is worth point wise and also player kills count towards your points. That way you have incentive to defend your extractors you have because you don't want to have to start over and reset the extractor points. This would mace CQ fun and have purpose. Teams would defend their areas and place like CM or the north east would become strong place to control. Teams would be forced to send 20 man teams to different part of the maps to defend. Then CQ would not be a mindless zerg fest and would be super fun.
    Zergfest to turtlefest?

Point system doesn't discourage zerging in Codex, though that's because there are few points and one major strategic location worth holding. Implementing a similar system in CQ probably doesn't change much either, especially since the most effective strategy for Conquest in its current form is already the zone defence strategy that would be most effective under a point accumulation system, and nobody bothers with it anyway.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Less extractors, more pew pew!

In general I love Rift. I enjoy Raiding, Warfronts and Dimensions. I do however detest Conquest.
    If I want to have an edge in PVE and PVP, I'm required to partake in Conquest. The BiS Trinket for raiding is gained from Conquest marks. The PVP seal, runes and essences are also purchased with Conquest marks.
    I think it's fairly obvious from most of the feedback from Conquest that it was not the hit Trion had planned it to be. It's certainly not liked by the majority of the player base, yet we are forced to partake in it to have an edge in other elements of the game. I think Trion are fully aware that Conquest is not enjoyed by the majority and have therefore made it so people have to partake in Conquest to obtain certain items needed to give you an edge in PVE and PVP.
    Currently, Conquest on the EU shards is ridiculous. If you don't get on Nightfall, you will rarely win, and you will not earn a great deal of kills, making the weeklies somewhat difficult to complete, especially if you work full time and have other objectives in the game such as raiding.
    If we're forced to partake in Conquest to get the best gear, then I completely support this thread. Make Conquest completely random. It won't solve everything, and it will still remain a grind and very little fun. However it will at least make it fair with the chance of any faction winning.
    The other solution would be to make the PVP trinket, seal, runes and essences available through favour or Warlord marks marks.
    Conquest has been broken ever since it was released, and is loathed by most. There is already a random button, so why not simply make that the only option, it will at least improve Conquest slightly and make it fair.

Conquest has been broken ever since it was released, and is loathed by most. There is already a random button, so why not simply make that the only option, it will at least improve Conquest slightly and make it fair.
    Or just scrap it altogether. A monkey in a coma could come up with something better than CQ. Zergs are old and tired . . . and extractors and mini bosses? Gosh. For the love of all that's holy design something new and fresh and FUN.

+ Reply to Thread