+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kyera

Thread: Like Running Through Molasses

Default Like Running Through Molasses

Why does my frame rate drop from the mid-40s to single digits when I'm in a warfront or conquest? And before you say it's my garbage computer............

I"m running an i7-980X processor with 16 gigs of ram and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 vid card. I should not be running low fps on anything.

I have no issues with any games other than Rift. I run all games on ultra values and consistently achieve great frame rates. What is different about Rift?

P.S. I've been playing Rift since launch, but left for about 9 months. I'm recently back and noticing the terrible frame rates.

Rift Chaser

are you running any add-ons?

There are several add-ons that cause my game to slow to a crawl in CQ (not so much warfronts): damage meters, mostly; but also any add-on that has to check states of other players. I've had real trouble with Supermeter, in particular - calculating all the damage from all the players in real-time causes the game to slow to a crawl.

You could try running with your settings tuned to not showing other peoples buffs - this was a big thing for me in pvp and events. My framerate shot up from 1 fps to 47 fps with the simple click of a tick box.

Quote Originally Posted by SubRock View Post
    Why does my frame rate drop from the mid-40s to single digits when I'm in a warfront or conquest? And before you say it's my garbage computer............

I"m running an i7-980X processor with 16 gigs of ram and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 vid card. I should not be running low fps on anything.

I have no issues with any games other than Rift. I run all games on ultra values and consistently achieve great frame rates. What is different about Rift?

P.S. I've been playing Rift since launch, but left for about 9 months. I'm recently back and noticing the terrible frame rates.
    Your game and computer settings aren't optimized to take full advantage of your hardware. If you optimize your settings properly then your FPS issues will go away.

Engine optimization.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

1. Turn off shadows

2. Turn on "Hide other players hit FX" in the Interface > Combat tab.

3. Set Anisotropic slider to 6 - higher numbers yield rapidly diminishing, near indistinguishable returns. But it looks a shload better at 6 than it does at 0 and with minimal impact.

If you're still having problems after that, either something is wrong with your PC's I/O or I've been really lucky with my cheap Ivy Bridge setup.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Excellent suggestions! Thank you for your valuable feedback. I'm gonna give them a shot and see if I can improve my results.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Engine optimization.
    Yep.

morewordsplacedhere.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

+ Reply to Thread