+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i think i found a solution for CQ base afkers

Plane Touched

Default i think i found a solution for CQ base afkers

OK this is my idea, many ppl stay in base safe and waitting cq to end to earn the free marks while others fighting for them.

as vote kick cant be as a solution i had an idea..

ok lets say i enter cq game
    what time i enter? 12:00
    what time cq game end? 14:00
    so i was inside cq for 2 hours

an invisible area will occur in cq team base, that area will cover the entrance up to outside base where turrents cant reach

at the end of the game the system will see... i stayed 2 hours in game
    how much time was inside that area? 1.30
    how much time was outside that area? 30 mins

if time inside area > time outside area then that person wont earn win or loose points!

SO this will force ppl to stay outside the base for most of time where they wont be safe. so noone can afk in base safe and earn free marks!

if someone want afk he should do it outside base, where he wont be safe! so if he stay outside base and go do another stuff at home if he die he will repawn inside base so if not at pc he gonna earn bad time inside base area!

what do you think of this idea? it wont save 100% afk base problem but will save alot %
    Last edited by Valsamis1985; 01-31-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsamis1985 View Post
    OK this is my idea, many ppl stay in base safe and waitting cq to end to earn the free marks while others fighting for them.

as vote kick cant be as a solution i had an idea..

ok lets say i enter cq game
    what time i enter? 12:00
    what time cq game end? 14:00
    so i was inside cq for 2 hours

an invisible area will occur in cq team base, that area will cover the entrance up to outside base where turrents cant reach

at the end of the game the system will see... i stayed 2 hours in game
    how much time was inside that area? 1.30
    how much time was outside that area? 30 mins

if time inside area > time outside area then that person wont earn win or loose points!

SO this will force ppl to stay outside the base for most of time where they wont be safe. so noone can afk in base safe and earn free marks!

if someone want afk he should do it outside base, where he wont be safe! so if he stay outside base and go do another stuff at home if he die he will repawn inside base so if not at pc he gonna earn bad time inside base area!

what do you think of this idea? it wont save 100% afk base problem but will save alot %
    Afk'ing inside base or outside doesn't really change anything - beside the fact they would have to ride for 1 minute to find a spot where they can idle through the entire match.
    And with the addition of "marks per kills' Trion created even more incentive for people to join and afk, as everyone seems to get them while in CQ.

What Trion would have to consider is rewarding players for actions taken in the game - upgrading turrets (not spamming infusion on a rank 4 turret non-stop), capping extractors, crafting stuff, killing enemies ... give marks for these activities and then a reduced amount for taking part at all.

And if during a certain amount of time (5 to 10 mins should allow most ppl to go to the bathroom with enough time left to wash their hands afterwards) someone didn't take part in any form of activity, like: get into combat with an enemy (player or turret/extractor - NOT the NPCs, as you could just pull them inside the base to interact with them), pick-up crafting resources, craft stuff, cap and/or upgrade turrets/extractors etc - they will get an afk flag (this flag can only be removed by taking part in one of the before mentioned activities) and after another couple of mins - THEY GET KICKED OUT OF CQ AND GET A 4hrs deserter debuff (and maybe lose 50k CQ power ....).
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordplay View Post
    He wasnt wearing hes rank 8 gear he had 0valor with that crit on full valor ppl i crit for 6k only.

RIFT Guide Writer

1. Give rewards only for doing stuff
    2. Remove conquest power decay
    3. Make conquest fun

Conquest at the moment is built for afking; you get the same amount of marks, you keep your conquest power at full and you get to avoid playing something that really isn't much fun. If Trion wants to fix afking then they should address the root causes instead of trying to design elaborate punishment mechanisms.

So when timer pops, if i join CQ at 6:00 PM then quickly run outside the base (6:01 PM) and go AFK in a well hidden spot for the remaining 4 min (6:05 PM)

then i'm good right? because 4 min > 1 min?

IMO this doesn't solve the underlying issue. The issue isn't AFK'ers in base, its the fact that people would rather AFK then play conquest.

Trion has a bad habit of fixing the symptoms without treating the underlying cause (much like our modern medical system...)

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post

Conquest at the moment is built for afking; you get the same amount of marks
    Played my first Conquest earlier since new hotfix and for the first 30 mins it was epic, we had massive battles at the Eye, each side see-sawing back and forth and people were thinking "finally, this is what Conquest is all about"

Then when people started to notice they could get the same marks for basically doing nothing still, old habits kicked in and the rot began

It went from us in Dominion wiping Nightfall and Oaths a good couple of times and been on the verge of winning, to suddenly getting the pro AFK'ers starting to realise they can AFK still, very disappointing.

I really don't understand why they kept in the 40 Marks still at the 5 mins point, i had the impression you had to earn the marks now by having to participate, let's hope they'll keep checking the stats further, see how many people actually do kill players/cap onjectives and who are really just leeching and sponging off said players hard work.

I see absolutely no reason why anyone sitting on their mount in a base should be getting the same amount of marks as people riding around killing and capping, no reason what so ever

The best solution to afkness would be to provide an incentive to active participants.

(1) Earning marks by being near a team as it takes extrators.
    The amount of marks goes up the more players around when taken.

(2) Earning marks by being near a team as it eliminates opposite team members.
    The amount of marks goes up the more players around when the other teams members are eliminated.

(3) Earning marks by collecting a certain amount of sourcestones.

(4) Earning marks by crafting resources should be low so there are not mulitple people waiting at camp to make resources rather then participate on the field.

CQ should never be longer then one hour. A player should be able to participate within a reasonable amount of time. I suggest a 1 hour CQ with every new CQ starting 15 minutes after the previous one. This give players a rest.

In a raid or dungeon settings, players can converse and decide when a break needs to be taken. In CQ you are locked in for whatever the duration of time is. If you take a break other players may assume you are afking/mooching and you are kicked.

To summarize, reward players for participating actively and limit the time in a CQ so players aren't forced to afk because they want or need to do real life activities during a very long CQ.
    Genny@Greybriar

Remove reward for the 100 kills unless YOU do 100 kills

Put the afk anti bot in conquest to kill anyone standing around or not doing the objectives.

See i fixed conquest for ya.. - Can i haz a job now?
    Last edited by daphat79; 01-31-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsamis1985 View Post
    I'm so confused. Everyone is talking about "turrents". I have no idea what a "turrent" is.

The I go to the class forums, and everyone is talking about "rouges". I can't even find the makeup vendor in Tempest Bay ...

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    I'm so confused. Everyone is talking about "turrents". I have no idea what a "turrent" is.

The I go to the class forums, and everyone is talking about "rouges". I can't even find the makeup vendor in Tempest Bay ...
    It's an upgrade from the basic turret. Rouges are just the rogues that got worked over by covergirldiamond.

Now that CQ is random, just remove turrets in the base like it was so the OP NB/RS from the other thread can go in and clean out all the AFKers. If you respawn based on timer vs. clicking respawn, just auto them out of CQ.

If turrets can't be completely removed, just make them as strong as the extractor turrets, so the OP'd NB/RS from the other thread can still go in and clean people out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    It's an upgrade from the basic turret. Rouges are just the rogues that got worked over by covergirldiamond.

Now that CQ is random, just remove turrets in the base like it was so the OP NB/RS from the other thread can go in and clean out all the AFKers. If you respawn based on timer vs. clicking respawn, just auto them out of CQ.

If turrets can't be completely removed, just make them as strong as the extractor turrets, so the OP'd NB/RS from the other thread can still go in and clean people out.

I <3 the idea to remove the mega turrets
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

Soulwalker

cmon die faster i want marks

do the minis cleave? Im wondering if dragging them to our spawn will do anything.. or will they just aggro the turrets?
    Zoartype@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread