+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Defiance

Rift Chaser

Default Defiance

http://trionworlds.com/en/games/defiance/

This is where Trion's emphasis has shifted. Don't expect a huge effort to be put into Rift anymore, especially in its pvp. I guarantee all of your subscription fees are going towards production of Defiance.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Rhetoricx (someone stole my name on Seastone)
    <Unreal>
    I wish Rift had PVP in it...

I don't think any of us are actually subbed but just wasting our year sub we got suckered into.

Or at least that's just me.

Well, I'm 'subbed' and I don't feel like I was 'suckered' in to it either, lol. I'm enjoying Rift and so are lots of others. I really don't think they are going to kick Rift to the curb in favor of Defiance either and don't know why any one would think so....just my opinion

They, uh, probably have a separate development team?
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

I could be wrong, but I think Defiance is already a stillborn money pit, for both the television show and game development. I hope not for Trion's sake, but I wouldn't put many eggs in that basket.

Should've used the NBC branding / airtime for better publicity. SyFy isn't going to cut it.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

From what I've seen, it doesn't look very good. Definitely won't be playing it.

After the last round of Cleric nerfs, I decided not to buy a year long sub..but instead go month to month. I'm glad I made that decision.
    Last edited by Misun; 01-30-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Rift Chaser

I am actually playing WoW again...
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Rhetoricx (someone stole my name on Seastone)
    <Unreal>
    I wish Rift had PVP in it...

5.2 looks awesome.

I will play that game and bring friends if they have 0 healers in it...Absolutely no reliance on others for self survival at all. If not I would not touch the game.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-31-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric View Post
    I am actually playing WoW again...

That is cool. I like their pvp forums with several threads about healers being nerfed their too. Seems like you just finding out that healing is also up and down spiral there and it has been that way forever. LOL...bye. Wow doesn't have any more balance to pvp than this game.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-31-2013 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    LOL...bye. Wow doesn't have any more balance to pvp than this game.
    Let's assume WoW is at the exact same balance as RIFT is. WoW still has Arenas, Ranked BG's, and simply more BG's. Not to mention things that are opinions like WoW having better class design, a better gear progression, better rewards, etc.

PVP in RIFT has never even compared to what WoW offers content wise. But hey, I hear CQ Dendrome is coming. That'll be loads of fun...

And yes, Defiance looks absolutely terrible. Even the trailer was bad.
    Last edited by Leif; 01-31-2013 at 07:00 AM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Let's assume WoW is at the exact same balance as RIFT is. WoW still has Arenas, Ranked BG's, and simply more BG's. Not to mention things that are opinions like WoW having better class design, a better gear progression, better rewards, etc.
    Hell about they actually budget time to pvp balance and content. Recently we had to all screamed with spammed threads just to only get one patch of some rogue pvp nerfs.

Oh yeah remember Rift actually had/has a payload bg made but scrapped it for whatever reason. Finish that ****.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-31-2013 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Hell about they actually budget time to pvp balance and content. Recently we had to all screamed with spammed threads just to only get one patch of some rogue pvp nerfs.

Oh yeah remember Rift actually had/has a payload bg made but scrapped it for whatever reason. Finish that ****.
    Blizzard castrated their game with canned spam builds because of arena, and the developer responsible for implementation publicly stated it was his largest regret.

The only difference here is Trion will separate the modifiers on heals and damage for PvE and PvP, whereas Blizzard was too stubborn (stupid?) to do so, and cited confusing the players as their rationale.

I will admit I had fun *most* of the time playing arena (2.3k non-cookie comp S8), but once you reach the "skilled" brackets, it's decided by comps barring an egregious mistake or disconnect in a 45 minute match. That is when the fun ends.

I do want more PvP content and the ability to create our own group duels, but I don't think Trion needs to govern the action with a leaderboard. (for more queue dodging, win trading, server xfers to get gladiator, etc)
    Last edited by Fujitasix; 01-31-2013 at 07:22 AM.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

I played the Defiance beta yesterday, I thought it was kinda fun. Didn't get very far as I only got to play for a few hours. It was a lot like Global Agenda.
    Even free cost too much now

mmofps = fail

I wait Titan from Blizzard
    Last edited by Saia; 01-31-2013 at 07:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast