+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New Conquest Changes for Hotfix #6

Shadowlander

Default New Conquest Changes for Hotfix #6

Conquest: Conquest Marks are now granted to all participants for every 100 kills that occur during a match.
    1st of all, this change has been asked for a long time ago and I am very grateful Trion has decided to finally make the change.

However the "all participants" might make it AFK bait. If marks are now based on kill count ( which is great idea) would the afkers in base still get their marks just siting around while the other people go out to die to get the kill count down?

What is everyone's opinion? Will the AFK player seen in Conquest rise or will we see them participate more?
    Last edited by HawkOmega; 01-30-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by HawkOmega View Post
    1st of all, this change has been asked for a long time ago and I am very grateful Trion has decided to finally make the change.

However the "all participants" might make it AFK bait. If marks are now based on kill count ( which is great idea) would the afkers in base still get their marks just siting around while the other people go out to die to get the kill count down?
    needs to be clarified yes. i read it as: all participants to those kills.

[Edit] It's probably 2 marks for every 100 kills.
    Last edited by Thorne25; 01-30-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hosss View Post
    [Edit] It's probably 2 marks for every 100 kills.
    which would be ok, thats 50 marks per conquest. nearly as much as for winning it ^^
    Last edited by Thorne25; 01-30-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Telaran

Default "All Participants

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    needs to be clarified yes. i read it as: all participants to those kills.
    correct if I am wrong..but dont you need to be in the fight to get those kills.. or at least dead in the fight...sitting AFK should not go toward your kill count..isn't that correct?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by impactnow View Post
    correct if I am wrong..but dont you need to be in the fight to get those kills.. or at least dead in the fight...sitting AFK should not go toward your kill count..isn't that correct?
    You bring up a good point of whether the marks/100 kills is personal kill count or the universal 2500 kill count.

From the wording of the post it felt more like universal kill count as the personal kill count you'll get at most 1000 - 1400 kills in a good zerg faction. If it was personal kill count it would solve the AFK problem ( assuming there is no more end game mark rewards) but we also get lower marks and have to always keep with the zerg to get the most kills.

Will the AFK player seen in Conquest rise or will we see them participate more?
    I'm not convinced all the players accused of AFK in CQ really are. Sure, I see players in the base as I'm passing through. But just because I see them there doesn't make them AFK and I'm not going to stand there for 5-10 minutes to find out.

There's stuff to do in the base that takes a minute or two, such as craft and buy stuff at the merchant. After you rez it takes a minute to get rebuffed and plan your next move so you don't port into a zerg or just run mindlessly out of the base.

To be honest, I think CQ was designed to accommodate people being in the base, running around solo stealth, and in groups taking and defending extractors. The big 100+ zergs are probably a deviation from the design and players shouldn't be penalized if they're not participating in that. As it is it's difficult to do the things that NEED to be done because the zerg won't wait (like fetch stones, build turrets, rez the dead).
    Last edited by LeCreaux; 01-30-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Plane Touched

If it isn't universal this will screw over even the legitimate players in conquest. Noone is ever present for all of the kills in a match. As well as not all matches run the entire kill count. Both of which would serve to significantly reduce the number of marks you get from a match.

Now if this is just a bonus to encourage people to actually participate and the win/loss marks are still awarded, I could see it working.

They count the kills you participate in for the weekly. Why would this be any different?

Would be nice to get some clarification from the devs while the hardware guys are doing their thing. The guessing in this thread is entertaining, in kind of a weird sad way ...
    Last edited by Ardor; 01-30-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: wow, i really can't type today

I am hoping you have to be involved in the kill's. The most fair way I could think of carrying this change out. I mean, why let the AFK'ers get this kind of credit. Especially if the the kill count runs out AND their team wins.

[4/4 ToDQ[*]3/4 FT[*]2/5 EE]

Bonus marks should be rewarded just like Shards of Conquest were being rewarded in the past.
    Adegard □ Blightweald
    Pain is temporary, pride is forever

Quote Originally Posted by Adegard View Post
    Bonus marks should be rewarded just like Shards of Conquest were being rewarded in the past.

I didn't PVP before SL, how did that work?

[4/4 ToDQ[*]3/4 FT[*]2/5 EE]

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Carnalpleasure View Post
    I didn't PVP before SL, how did that work?
    You were given "shards of conquest" upon capturing extractors and 50 shards turns into 1 mark of conquest.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Adegard View Post
    This is a terrible idea, just as it was the first time. All it does is further push the PvE portion of CQ and discourage actual PvP combat.
    Selfmedicate | Mage @ Faeblight [formerly Farcaster]
    Truckstick | Warrior @ Deepwood [retired]
    <Beep Beep Ima Jeep> | <FotM> | <Squab Squad> | <Terrible Idea>

Default woot

finally i get rewarded for going afk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast