+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Kyera
  • 1 Post By Antigonos
  • 1 Post By spaceboots

Thread: New to Rogue and PVP

Soulwalker

Default New to Rogue and PVP

Hello everyone, I am about to start a Rogue for the first time, with primary intentions of PVP. Ive never done PVP before and would like to give it a go, and figured why not try rogue at the same time.

I am mostly curious about builds to use, both for pvp, and for questing along the leveling up process. Any information reguarding builds will help, also, is there a huge need to quest outside of PVP, will i gain enough experience doing this that i will bypass most zones when it comes to quests.

Please feel free to ask me anything, if i need to bring anything up further to help this along just let me know.

Thanks for your help

nightblade/riftstalker

someone had to say it

I find Tact/Man to be extremely good range pvp dps for rogues, and there is also Bard/tact for incredible support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

welcome to die ..death awaits you

The answer is and always will be "it depends on what you want to do".

Want to melee? Look towards Sin/RS, NB/RS, or BD/RS (in decreasing order of potency).

Want to play ranged dps? Look towards 61 MM, 40/36 MM/Rgr, or the gimmick Tac/NB/MM build.

Want to play AoE dps? Look at Saboteur (also doubles as ST DPS) and Tactician.

Want to play a support buffer/healer? 42 Bard/34 Tactician.

Want to be an objective runner/carrier? Look into a deep Riftstalker spec with BD or MM for other mobility increasers, but know that this makes you a less desirable rune vessel/fang carrier (but a good stone/flag runner).

For leveling, plenty of specs are viable, and it's as good a time to experiment as any.
    Last edited by Kyera; 01-29-2013 at 07:55 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    The answer is and always will be "it depends on what you want to do".

Want to melee? Look towards Sin/RS, NB/RS, or BD/RS (in decreasing order of potency).

Want to play ranged dps? Look towards 61 MM, 40/36 MM/Rgr, or the gimmick Tac/NB/MM build.

Want to play AoE dps? Look at Saboteur (also doubles as ST DPS) and Tactician.

Want to play a support buffer/healer? 42 Bard/34 Tactician.

Want to be an objective runner/carrier? Look into a deep Riftstalker spec with BD or MM for other mobility increasers, but know that this makes you a less desirable rune vessel/fang carrier (but a good stone/flag runner).

For leveling, plenty of specs are viable, and it's as good a time to experiment as any.
    this,

for leveling/farming i can recomend tact/bard/rs, it has so much selfheal, yet good ae dps, that you can fly through the zones while never having to drink or stop.

What Kyera said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    plenty of specs are viable, and it's as good a time to experiment as any
    Pretty much this, a guide can only teach you so much. Experience is key to find out what works for you.

Zyzyx's rogue bible is were I started to get an idea of how each soul works, but there are a whole lot of guides in the rogue guide section on specs and builds just for pvp. Watching other players streams/videos and asking other rogues you notice do well for tips and tricks works too.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    Pretty much this, a guide can only teach you so much. Experience is key to find out what works for you.

Zyzyx's rogue bible is were I started to get an idea of how each soul works, but there are a whole lot of guides in the rogue guide section on specs and builds just for pvp. Watching other players streams/videos and asking other rogues you notice do well for tips and tricks works too.
    Your avatar's genitals has three eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Your avatar's genitals has three eyes.
    Makes it easier to sneak a peak
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

+ Reply to Thread