+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Becareful when upgrading conquest trinket

Ascendant

Default Becareful when upgrading conquest trinket

To those who are grinding cq for the trinket be very careful on how you upgrade it. When i upgrade my items i just usually drag the mat onto the items like the game tells you to. So when upgrading the cq trinket i thought no different but to my surprise when doing it that way it doesnt give you an option to which version of the trinket you want but will just give you the healing version automatically. I made this mistake and now i am stuck with the healing version mind you i am a warrior and cannot heal. I since put in a ticket to hopefully get the dps version that i wanted but just giving you guys a heads up as to how not to upgrade it. I hope trion addresses this issue as im sure alot others will make the same mistake.

This happened to me too on my rogue. I put in a ticket to a GM and they exchanged the trinket for the dps one. Put in your ticket and have a little patience. It took 2 days for a response, but I'm very happy that I dont have to regrind for that trinket.

Zeianne Rogue - Jaiyanna Cleric - Squeez Warrior - Zaney Mage
    <Link Dead> @Greybriar

Since Im' currently working on a UI, and this seemed extremely straight forward to me I wonder, did you think they put 2 different options in there for no reason that they were just the same? Or did you just not bother to read at all?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hesperius View Post
    Since Im' currently working on a UI, and this seemed extremely straight forward to me I wonder, did you think they put 2 different options in there for no reason that they were just the same? Or did you just not bother to read at all?
    I knew there were 2 different options but they never said to upgrade it any different than how they initially told you to a upgrade any other item (drag and drop). If there was a certain way to do it trion never explained it. I just went by how they told me to (agin drag and drop). Dont see how you're trying to even remotely pin this on me. Jeez some people will defend trion no matter what wrongs they commit
    Last edited by Kiika; 01-28-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Can also just click the button that says "Upgrade" and you will upgrade it. Never realised they actually told you how to upgrade it. Just clicked the shiny button.
    Last edited by Valfador; 01-28-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

The trinket has two paths of upgrade and both paths take the same component to upgrade. When you use the item on the base trinket, it did not give an option to choose which final upgraded trinket you wanted, dps or healing. It simply auto gave the healing one. Some people I spoke with in game said they got the dps one, others said this happened to them as well. There was no selection process to choose.

Hope that clears up the confusion that you seemed to have Hesperius.

Zeianne Rogue - Jaiyanna Cleric - Squeez Warrior - Zaney Mage
    <Link Dead> @Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    I knew there were 2 different options but they never said to upgrade it any different than how they initially told you to a upgrade any other item (drag and drop). If there was a certain way to do it trion never explained it. I just went by how they told me to (agin drag and drop). Dont see how you're trying to even remotely pin this on me. Jeez some people will defend trion no matter what wrongs they commit
    It was a serious question. I didn't know you could drag drop the item over for the upgrade to take place, I always alt click. Seems like they messed something up if drag dropping doesn't do the same as alt click.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hesperius View Post
    It was a serious question. I didn't know you could drag drop the item over for the upgrade to take place, I always alt click. Seems like they messed something up if drag dropping doesn't do the same as alt click.
    Jainelle explained it a better than i could. But yes there is a drag and drop option but that option doesnt give you a choice as to which version of the trinket you want just randomly gives you one. Strange because when i first started SL the way trion explained how to upgrade items was by dragging and dropping. And from what jainelle said others have already run into this problem

We can drag and drop? Huh, I usually just press the big shiny button that says "upgrade". It just seems more intuitive.

Not to be rude, and yes they should remove the drag and drop capability as to prevent derping, but I followed the directions. It says to alt click to upgrade, you do that and TWO DIFFERENT BUTTONS come up, with the upgrade options. You simply click on the appropriate upgrade button, ie healing or dps procs, and boom shiney upgraded item.

While Trion should attempt to make it error proof, I don't see that they should be cricified because the directions were not read or followed.
    ~Wardova, found at a rift near you since 2011~ ~Wardiva, also adventuring in Telara since 2015~

Champion of Telara

I would have to agree with the text. It states alt-click tin order to see its upgrade path so alt-clicking is what you would expect. I honestly didn't even know you could drag and drop. Hehe...

If it's a major gear change, I would think most players would click and check. I know I roll over everything just to be sure whenever I'm looking for a gear purchase/upgrade.

But regardless, it sounds like Trion acknowledges that mistakes do happen and if a simple ticket will correct it, great.

Default I think this calls for a public tongue lashing...

Or maybe we could cut the OP some slack on this? I mean honestly who the hell asked you people your opinion anyhow. Some things just don't need to be said, and this whole thread qualifies (minus my post of course ). Some little grace goes a long way.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    I would have to agree with the text. It states alt-click tin order to see its upgrade path so alt-clicking is what you would expect. I honestly didn't even know you could drag and drop. Hehe...

If it's a major gear change, I would think most players would click and check. I know I roll over everything just to be sure whenever I'm looking for a gear purchase/upgrade.

But regardless, it sounds like Trion acknowledges that mistakes do happen and if a simple ticket will correct it, great.
    You said it yourself it says alt click in order to "see" its upgraded path it doesn't say alt click in order to upgrade, two very different things. Because the in game description of how it says to upgrade an item is to right click on the mat than click on the item you whish to upgrade. And that's what I did. I did it just how trion told me to do it

Dang, that really sucks! I hope you submitted a ticket. I'm sure a GM could fix that for you.

That's a lot of marks to grind out ugh!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    Can also just click the button that says "Upgrade" and you will upgrade it. Never realised they actually told you how to upgrade it. Just clicked the shiny button.
    ^^ this.

every item you upgrade has a little upgrade button on the bottom of each path...should really be no need to drag and drop at all. use alt+left click on any item that has an upgrade path and it will all be clear.

Ladonna: 60 Warrior, Greybriar P52
    Astilabor: 50 Rogue, Greybriar P26
    Aurilla: 50 Mage, Greybriar P2
    Falazure: 50 Cleric, Greybriar
    Formerly of Millrush

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast