+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 2 Warfronts, yup that is enough of that.

Telaran

Default 2 Warfronts, yup that is enough of that.

So tell me that 50-60 is just borked and I will accept it. However from what I witnessed it seems the map does not matter. Just meet in center and pew pew range, hope someone heals you ..gg. Cannot see at any point there being any actual skill or heck even thinking involved. Run to center, spam range till you die...repeat. Did I miss anything?

I did not think group pvp could get worse that WotLK pvp ... I was wrong.

Ascendant

you didnt do group pvp ...

so you employed a really bad strategy, and lost (assumption...but fairly safe one)...then claimed it's the only strategy because you chose that strategy....and that's the game's fault??

you're then saying that all those people out there who are astronomically better than other people just have really good RNG on their side, because they're all just running to the center and spamming range till they die, hoping for heals like you did??
    Last edited by Stryfe19; 01-28-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe19 View Post
    so you employed a really bad strategy, and lost (assumption...but fairly safe one)...then claimed it's the only strategy because you chose that strategy....and that's the game's fault??

you're then saying that all those people out there who are astronomically better than other people just have really good RNG on their side, because they're all just running to the center and spamming range till they die, hoping for heals like you did??
    I did not employ any strategy... these were observations.

I should have specified, this is what whole group (in fact both groups) were doing.

But please, prove me wrong.... I have spend a good chunk of the morning looking for vids on youtube showing any strategy.... I cannot see a single one that is not zerg burst ress repeat.

Perhaps you could link one for me please.
    Last edited by Keevan; 01-28-2013 at 01:30 PM.

No that's the strat.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-28-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    you didnt do group pvp ...
    pretty sure there was more than 1 person,,, so yea was a group.

Sorry how would you define group pvp? Premade? no thats different.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Keevan View Post
    So tell me that 50-60 is just borked and I will accept it. However from what I witnessed it seems the map does not matter. Just meet in center and pew pew range, hope someone heals you ..gg. Cannot see at any point there being any actual skill or heck even thinking involved. Run to center, spam range till you die...repeat. Did I miss anything?

You're going to get several folks in here claiming you should L2P or that you just had a bad group or offering some other non-argument.

What you witnessed is the sad state of Rift PvP: it's zerg on zerg, mindless macro mashing. There is little strategy to be witnessed and, what's worse, is that there are no real rewards other than negligible gear upgrades that are irrelevant anyway since the PvP is largely normalized. Further, if you play it for a few hours, you'll notice that it's the same names over and over again because the Rift PvP community is extremely small given the quality of the content.

Many folks such as myself have requested over and over and over that some form of small group vs small group PvP be introduced (such as an arena system) and although there's plenty of support for the idea, there's heated opposition by misinformed antagonists who wrongly attribute the seesaw balancing WoW underwent from the time arena was introduced to arena itself when, in fact, it was the fact that Blizzard refused to balance PvP and PvE separately - something Trion is very comfortable doing.

Hopefully we can get some meaningful PvP but it doesn't look like it's coming any time soon.
    Last edited by Synovia; 01-28-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Im assuming this is in black gardens.

Considering the flag is in the middle, using aoe and non target attacks to prevent the opposition from picking up the flag is a legit strategy, in fact, its probably the only real strat to delay its pick up.

The constant healing is so neither side loses that strong hold while a few attempt to pick up the flag.

Thats when the individual skill takes place. The the best way to break up that stalemate is CC. If you pick a soul/build that can disable either the aoe or healing (or both) for briefs moments of time, or hits hard enough to push back the opposition, your side can pick up the flag and start working on the objective.

for example, assuming we have sufficient healing, i would switch to cab, and inbetween my attacks, cycle my slow (some people use their break free on anything, allowing important CC to last), then my silence, to disable any healers and aoe mages that will probably back up when they see they are disabled. Allow my team to push forward and possibly cover the flag.
    THen i would use my aoe stun, which will accomplish the same thing, except with everyone as opposed to only magic users.
    Then when i dont see any immunity timers, would drop catastrophe, which would do the same thing i just did with just one button and add a little extra. That would probably be more than enough to disable the stalemate, allow my team to get the flag and hold it.

Other classes have their own way of dealing: Rogues can use heavy damage pressue and stuns as well as silences or push backs and pop ups.
    Mages have exhausts silences and stuns.
    And warriors have pulls, pushes, endurance and silences, all of which when used skill fully, disallows the scenario you mentioned.

Now, if you didnt do any of thats, it means youre bad. And here complaining about no strat or skill, when it was you who didnt utilize any strat or skill to assist your team that was giving you ample opportunity by keeping the other side at pay with their pew and heals, so that you, keevan, can lead them to victory. And you failed that it.

You let them down. How does it feel to let your entire team, the team that was counting on you , keevan, to win the wf, down? And then come to the forum complaining about their lack of skill and strat, when in reality, they were doing their part, but you werent doing yours?

:L

yeah sorry bud..

Rift PvP = run to the middle of a map, have a long or short fight, and 9 out of 10 times the team who won that center first is going to win.

black garden being the exception because it usually starts small and gets pugs who could change the tide.

but no matter what..

What ever team controls the MID controls the GAME because when developers like ZERGY content they want everyone to MEET in ONE SPOT. (codex rewarding more rewards per cap is proof)
    Last edited by Keota; 01-28-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Since Conquest matches last approximately eleven hundred hours, maybe we could have all the guilds/groups interested in 5v5 fights queue up on different factions and meet in a nice spot nobody ever visits (Phoenix Rise area?) and have some good old fashion fisticuff brawls.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Im assuming this is in black gardens.

Considering the flag is in the middle, using aoe and non target attacks to prevent the opposition from picking up the flag is a legit strategy, in fact, its probably the only real strat to delay its pick up.

The constant healing is so neither side loses that strong hold while a few attempt to pick up the flag.

Thats when the individual skill takes place. The the best way to break up that stalemate is CC. If you pick a soul/build that can disable either the aoe or healing (or both) for briefs moments of time, or hits hard enough to push back the opposition, your side can pick up the flag and start working on the objective.

for example, assuming we have sufficient healing, i would switch to cab, and inbetween my attacks, cycle my slow (some people use their break free on anything, allowing important CC to last), then my silence, to disable any healers and aoe mages that will probably back up when they see they are disabled. Allow my team to push forward and possibly cover the flag.
    THen i would use my aoe stun, which will accomplish the same thing, except with everyone as opposed to only magic users.
    Then when i dont see any immunity timers, would drop catastrophe, which would do the same thing i just did with just one button and add a little extra. That would probably be more than enough to disable the stalemate, allow my team to get the flag and hold it.

Other classes have their own way of dealing: Rogues can use heavy damage pressue and stuns as well as silences or push backs and pop ups.
    Mages have exhausts silences and stuns.
    And warriors have pulls, pushes, endurance and silences, all of which when used skill fully, disallows the scenario you mentioned.

Now, if you didnt do any of thats, it means youre bad. And here complaining about no strat or skill, when it was you who didnt utilize any strat or skill to assist your team that was giving you ample opportunity by keeping the other side at pay with their pew and heals, so that you, keevan, can lead them to victory. And you failed that it.

You let them down. How does it feel to let your entire team, the team that was counting on you , keevan, to win the wf, down? And then come to the forum complaining about their lack of skill and strat, when in reality, they were doing their part, but you werent doing yours?

:L
    I like the sounds of all of this. However this is not at all what I seen, and yes I paid attention. And yes put pressure where I thought it would be useful, shutting down healers. Playing as a tempest I have no silence but I do have a stun which I used liberally. It had moderate to no effect (im guessing cause of break free), and certainly did not allow my team to advance in anyway.

What you said sounds good on paper. May I please see a vid of a working scenario.

Leveling from 50-60 in PVP was probably the most fun I had playing rift since I bought the game. Valor/Vengeance makes the game sluggish and boring and rewards the hermits. I thought the strategies being used were the same as and level 60 ranked match. Can't say I observed what you did.

I like the sounds of all of this. However this is not at all what I seen, and yes I paid attention. And yes put pressure where I thought it would be useful, shutting down healers. Playing as a tempest I have no silence but I do have a stun which I used liberally. It had moderate to no effect (im guessing cause of break free), and certainly did not allow my team to advance in anyway.

What you said sounds good on paper. May I please see a vid of a working scenario.
    Hi there. You seem to have some trouble learning how to effectively burst as a tempest. I have written an extensive guide HERE.

Please click that link and read it. There are also other warrior guides there if you are interested. More will come later.

My in game name is Daddyfatsac@deepwood and if you need any help ask here, on the forum that I linked, through a PM on these forums or ingame.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrVideoG...?feature=watch

try watching some of these for strategies

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Droog911 View Post
    Leveling from 50-60 in PVP was probably the most fun I had playing rift since I bought the game. Valor/Vengeance makes the game sluggish and boring and rewards the hermits. I thought the strategies being used were the same as and level 60 ranked match. Can't say I observed what you did.
    Hey finally, a no straight up zerg vid. Took half the day but found one in your sig .... 2 actually.

Could actually see you defending the fang, and in codex trying to lure ppl away from nodes. I applaud this, but still could not help noticing all the others in the background still zerging merrily away.

On another note, what causes this 'Zerg' mentality does everyone think? Is it the size of the warfronts? small ? Ress timer? too short? Or is it much more simpler and just 'follow the crowd' mentality?
    Last edited by Keevan; 01-28-2013 at 02:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast