+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let the players usher in arenas

Plane Touched

Default Let the players usher in arenas

Just a little idea i had a while back when thinking about possible dimension ideas.

Arena Dimensions:

How: Since Trion has alot on their plate, i wonder if its possible to make a dueling system in which a group leader could accept/decline a duel challenge issued from another group leader. After accepting this challenge the groups would enter a duel. In theory, we could have pvp duels between 2v2,3v3,4v4,5v5 ect...

Where: To get more of an arena feel to it, players could make their own custom arena dimensions which would lead to some insanely diverse combat layouts. Just look at what people have done in dimensions so far... the possibly would be nearly endless.

Tracking: I'm not sure how it might be possible to track the points or ranking, but maybe somthing in the way leaderboards are done.

Possible? I don't know how these kind of things work from a programming perspective and i'm not sure if this type of idea had been brought up at Trion. But in the off chance nobody had brought this idea to the front, here it is.

If somebody had posted something similar to this. than feel free to totally disregard the thread and kindly post a link to the original thread.
    Last edited by Lannisterxx; 01-27-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Implement group dueling and we'll do everything else.

inB4

"Arenas are the most disgusting and vile creations ever to have come to MMO's. Anyone who enjoys them are elitest jerks who want nothing more then pissing contests."

"If rift ever got arenas I would unsub because it would completely drive this game down into a grave and its player base would start jumping off cliffs and turning undead reaking serious epeen flailing havoc on the world in a new apocalypse."

"Rift is a PvE game"

"Go back to wow"

"Arenas would only cause an upset and create HUGE nerfs to have to be made classes in turn making my class useless because i could no longer abuse that particular bug or over powered ability."

"Arenas killed WoW for me If Rift gets arenas Im going to quit and never look back and Im going to take my entire guild with me."

"oh wait I just read your post... sorry I was so worked up at the thought of arenas because it was in your title.."
    Last edited by Keota; 01-28-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lannisterxx View Post
    Just a little idea i had a while back when thinking about possible dimension ideas.

Arena Dimensions:

How: Since Trion has alot on their plate, i wonder if its possible to make a dueling system in which a group leader could accept/decline a duel challenge issued from another group leader. After accepting this challenge the groups would enter a duel. In theory, we could have pvp duels between 2v2,3v3,4v4,5v5 ect...

Where: To get more of an arena feel to it, players could make their own custom arena dimensions which would lead to some insanely diverse combat layouts. Just look at what people have done in dimensions so far... the possibly would be nearly endless.

Tracking: I'm not sure how it might be possible to track the points or ranking, but maybe somthing in the way leaderboards are done.

Possible? I don't know how these kind of things work from a programming perspective and i'm not sure if this type of idea had been brought up at Trion. But in the off chance nobody had brought this idea to the front, here it is.

If somebody had posted something similar to this. than feel free to totally disregard the thread and kindly post a link to the original thread.
    i had same idea but pvp flagged inside dimension cant duel

+ Reply to Thread