+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: For whose complaining about healing

Plane Touched

Default For whose complaining about healing

Don't worry.

Just making Daglar statement from PTS more visible.

In a week or two (if I remember correctly some Dev quote), PTS fixing and number tweaks are getting live :

In regards to healing the fix are (rough numbers) :
    -50% healing reduction for defilier (for explosive growth)
    -50% healing reduction for Chloro (for the viels)
    -20/30 healing reduction for Sentinel (everything apart from the invocations is cut in half)
    -Expect big drop for tacticians as well.

On the other hands, quite a few classes are getting some DPS buffs comparatively to their pre bug situation, in particular those which were affected by the bug. (note this may actually be a nerf comparing with bugged dps).

So to summarize, expect a healing/dps ratio lower than pre bug, and this means of course a TTK lower than prebug (if you remember the situation at the time you get the idea)

So don't worry, 2 shots zergy situations are getting back soon, and focus won't be needed to win battle, so no longer reasons to complain on forum. Just tab from range (good luck melees).
    Salace R80 Elzareth R59 Melgria R70+ Gremia L48 EU

The bads currently complaining about being unable to kill healers will continue to be unable to kill healers.

Because patch notes can't fix bad.

Plane Touched

The thing is after the patch, the notion of bads (and more generaly organization/team-play) won't be as important in such zergy/bursty context.

Just a side note, I am not making this thread for myself directly (I can play non healing classes/souls). I am just quite worried to where the PVP is going (or going back). And a situation worst than pre bug doesn't really seem a good place. Inq/MM/Tempest only teams is not interesting or fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailis View Post
    The thing is after the patch, the notion of bads (and more generaly organization/team-play) won't be as important in such zergy/bursty context.

Just a side note, I am not making this thread for myself directly (I can play non healing classes/souls). I am just quite worried to where the PVP is going (or going back). And a situation worst than pre bug doesn't really seem a good place. Inq/MM/Tempest only teams is not interesting or fun.
    Oh no, I definitely understood why you made this thread. It's good info. However you seem to be minimizing the fact that the reason Rogue/War are getting such buffs is that they were so horribly bugged before, making them do far more damage than was intentional.

So I hope it to be better, but we'll see.
    Last edited by Valnak; 01-26-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Plane Touched

Sure, I hope devs are looking at this seriously.

But what worries me is that if I mentally forget the buggy weeks this winter, putting myself in early december WZs (everybody was complaining about low TTK then). Then if I had seen a patch note stating that DPS is getting increased, and healing untouched, I would have really not understood and thought It would be crazy. This is happening.

Yea I've been a little concerned with the Dev comments of late. I've only just come back from a break, Luckly I was smart this time around and only brought one copy of SL to test it before I subbed the rest of the family. I guess this is what happens when you don't pay attention to customers needs lol.

One question though, we have an appointed PvP Dev right?

Where is he?? Movie quote inc, Lets call him "Fox Hole Norm"

good ...goood , now healers will be welcomed to die much more faster buahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by Saia View Post
    Don't worry, you still won't be able to kill anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Saia View Post
    Welcome to die ..death awaits you
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Plane Touched

Laughing aside, and refering to the second post of this thread, this guy is the archetyp of player who is detrimential to PVP balance in this game by lowering the average team play involved in WZ (if you are on EU shard, it is something to be seen). Should the game be balance for people like him?
    Last edited by Ailis; 01-26-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Laughing aside, and refering to the second post of this thread, this guy is the archetyp of player who is detrimential to PVP balance in this game by lowering the average team play involved in WZ (if you are on EU shard, it is something to be seen). Should the game be balance for people like him?
    Out of curiousity, what part of his post do you disagree with?
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

I don't have a lot of hope anymore for pvp in this game anymore tbh.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I don't have a lot of hope anymore for pvp in this game anymore tbh.
    I said the same thing in late 2011 but still the best around.

Plane Touched

@Baramos

Don't wan't the thread to be closed for going too personnal.
    And I agree that bugged healers need tuning down, (not that by this magnitude, refering to the situation pre bug). If it is what he is trying to say.

But the only thing this guy (tries to) do in BG is trying to kill people by himself, and basically don't focus/support/play objectives (and spent his time insulting people but that is not relevent). Then he complains on the forum this does not work well (against ST healer). My question was : should the game be balanced with such type of gameplay (i.e. being able to kill a healer with only 1 DPS) or favours a game play where focus, assist, CC are needed.
    Last edited by Ailis; 01-26-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Ascendant

Don't worry.

Just making Daglar statement from PTS more visible.

In a week or two (if I remember correctly some Dev quote), PTS fixing and number tweaks are getting live :

In regards to healing the fix are (rough numbers) :
    -50% healing reduction for defilier (for explosive growth)
    -50% healing reduction for Chloro (for the viels)
    -20/30 healing reduction for Sentinel (everything apart from the invocations is cut in half)
    -Expect big drop for tacticians as well.
    Weren't they buffing Chloro also so that the overall loss (if any) wouldn't be much? Chloro could use a PvP buff if anything.

I hope the healing reduction for Sentinel isn't true too. Defiler is fair, but Sentinel .. not so much.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast