+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Please Let Tied Warfronts = Win!

Default Please Let Tied Warfronts = Win!

With the new system of queing in conquest, it's pretty much any man's game now. There is no predicting who will win. There are many tied matches leading to no completion of weekly "Win 3 matches in CQ" quest. Please reconsider making Conquest wins, even if tied, count toward the weekly.
    Genny@Greybriar

Soulwalker

I agree, nothing more disappointing than a tie, with no reward for winning.

No. A tied game is not a won game. That is silly.

A decent solution to ties would be to make an overtime either catered to the maps objective or last man standing. Ie. if the game ends in a tie, your next death you don't respawn. So the last team with someone alive wins.

But then people might try to force ties to bring on the superior play mode for PvPing.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-25-2013 at 03:58 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Or people will remain in hide forever.

Default Please Let Tied Warfronts = Win!

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

A decent solution to ties would be to make an overtime either catered to the maps objective or last man standing. Ie. if the game ends in a tie, your next death you don't respawn. So the last team with someone alive wins.

But then people might try to force ties to bring on the superior play mode for PvPing.
    You make a valid point and i agree with implementing this idea regardless of people forcing ties or not. It may still make a substantial contribution to other weekly quests like Conquest Carnage even if you lose.
    Castigate@Greybriar

Shadowlander

I do think the tie system should seriously be looked at now. Almost every game I have played ends up in a tie, heck last night was a 3 way tie! Where's my achieve for that ;p But yea, please take the ability to tie out of the equation somehow. Give us other objectives besides running around standing next to glorified orbs.

Shield of Telara

What better thread than this . . .

Trion . . . PLEASE make a WF like a three way tied game in CQ. I was in one and for 10 minutes it was total slaughter, where people could respawn and it was very fun.

But yeah - ties suck for getting quests done.

Shadowlander

***Idea=== 1. Possibly make it so if you have the quest, a tie does = a win.

2. A tie = (if you need the weekly) The team that picked up the most empowered sourcestones gets credit for the weekly.

*** Idea phase on cooldown***

How about:

When a conquest is a tie the game will broadcast across the Conquest map:

Fighting with tactics has brought a stalemate! Brute force shall determine the victor!

Then, for 10 minutes, the match will track killing blows for the factions that were tied. Whoever has the most killing blows at the end of 10 minutes is declared the winner of the Conquest match, and the game continues to the final phase as normal.

=====

I dunno, just a random idea.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 01-25-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Or people will remain in hide forever.
    I'm mean. I could think of ways to eliminate that. Would take a bit of unique work for each map though.

I doubt anything will change from ties though. We get in between a loss and win rewards. Seems legit and straight forward to me. OT would be nice but, I don't think devs would be for it because it would require a rather significant alteration to warfronts.

I am all for the Keep It Simple method. When you get a tie game...the game ends in a tie. I cannot think of a logical reason people should be awarded wins for not winning.

I know, insane path of thinking.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-25-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Devamata View Post
    ***Idea=== 1. Possibly make it so if you have the quest, a tie does = a win.

2. A tie = (if you need the weekly) The team that picked up the most empowered sourcestones gets credit for the weekly.

*** Idea phase on cooldown***
    ]

or just add an extra 5 minutes to the warfront or conquest. if it remains tied keep doing it until someone wins

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    ]

or just add an extra 5 minutes to conquest. if it remains tied keep doing it until someone wins
    Yo dawg, I heard your CQ has an overtime round when someone wins, so we made an overtime round if somebody ties the overtime round.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-25-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Sword of Telara

Yo dawg, I heard your CQ has an overtime round when someone wins, so we made an overtime round if somebody ties the overtime round.
    they do it in hockey so why not. just dont know if most people could handle the endurance if it got ugly

^^^^ Tying is not winning... its tying. If both teams tie in the Super Bowl, do both teams walk away with a Lombardi trophy?

Telaran

They should remove the 3 cq wins a week quest, its ****ing terrible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast