+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: To Developer: NB/RS OverPowerd Combo

Shadowlander

Default To Developer: NB/RS OverPowerd Combo

Current NB/RS soul combo on Rogue is over powered.

A normal NB/RS has total HP of around 31,000. With this massive amount HP they also do Insane damage output even tho against fully PVP gear equipped tank. Another silly thing is that rogues also have their own healing which heals them almost full amount of HP plus their incoming damage is reduced while healing.

All these combo makes rogue impossible to kill.
    Well Not impossible but Very Very hard to kill.
    This is definitely unbalanced. Either rogues need to give up one of the following, damage or HP or Healing skill.

If rogue decides to go for full damage please make the HP around 20,000.
    for example, by choosing offensive soul, rogues must have a compulsory skill something like "Increase damage for X amount but reduces the HP for X amount"

Please take this feed back to the next meeting and try to review.
    Thank you

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Need Rift View Post

A normal NB/RS has total HP of around 31,000. With this massive amount HP they also do Insane damage output even tho against fully PVP gear equipped tank. Another silly thing is that rogues also have their own healing which heals them almost full amount of HP plus their incoming damage is reduced while healing.

This is definitely unbalanced. Either rogues need to give up one of the following, damage or HP or Healing skill.

for example, by choosing offensive soul, rogues must have a compulsory skill something like "Increase damage for X amount but reduces the HP for X amount"

Thank you
    and you also do realize they their ranged is gimped by 15m. there hardest hitting ability has to be done standing next to the enemy. they are powerful for 8-12 seconds once every 2 minutes the rest of the time they are so so. i think for rogues you should be worrying more about mm's and sabatouers which can put out more dmg from 15m farther

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    and you also do realize they their ranged is gimped by 15m. there hardest hitting ability has to be done standing next to the enemy. they are powerful for 8-12 seconds once every 2 minutes the rest of the time they are so so. i think for rogues you should be worrying more about mm's and sabatouers which can put out more dmg from 15m farther
    None of that refutes what he says.

Yes NB/RS is OP, but it's not nearly as bad as whatever that s/b spec warriors have. Hits just as hard but 10k more health.
    Even free cost too much now

If a rogue decides to go full dps they will have "around" 20k health.

If they start to hybrid and eschew dps, that's when the health bar goes up.

In other news, oh look, this qq thread again.

Edit: Nerf Viod Bolt & Rift Storm.
    Last edited by Kyera; 01-25-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Yes NB/RS is OP, but it's not nearly as bad as whatever that s/b spec warriors have. Hits just as hard but 10k more health.
    What spec is this?? Warriors have nothing remotely close to nb/rs.

Mei

Finally! A fresh, new topic to discuss!
    Fluent

I guess the OP thinks one vs one balance is a viable path for MMO's. there are Mage/warrior/cleric builds that do equal damage and burst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    What spec is this?? Warriors have nothing remotely close to nb/rs.

VK/RB?
    WL/PL?
    VK/PL?
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Current VK/pally soul combo on Rogue is over powered.

A normal VK/pally has total HP of around 31,0000000. With this massive amount HP they also do Insane damage output even tho against fully PVP gear equipped dps. Another silly thing is that warriors also have their own healing which heals them almost full amount of HP plus their incoming damage is reduced while healing.

All these combo makes warriors impossible to kill.
    This is definitely unbalanced. Either warriors need to give up one of the following, damage or HP or Healing skill.

If warrior decides to go for full damage please make the HP around 20,001.
    for example, by choosing offensive soul, warriors must have a compulsory skill something like "Increase damage for X amount but reduces the HP for X amount"

Thank you

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post

VK/RB?
    WL/PL?
    VK/PL?
    Have you actually played a nb/rs before?? yes those warrior specs are ok in there own rights but compared to a nb/rs there ****. Nb/rs has more survivability and does more damage than those specs. I actually play both warrior and rogue take it from me
    Last edited by Kiika; 01-25-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Shield of Telara

Have you actually played a nb/rs before?? yes those warrior specs are ok in there own rights but compared to a nb/rs there ****. Nb/rs has more survivability and does more damage than those specs. I actually play both warrior and rogue take it from me
    read: signature

nb/rs really isn't any stronger than any of those specs.
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Need Rift View Post

Thank you
    1. Their damage out-put is not insane - not even in light of what they have defensively. If you want to see insane damage from a rogue melee try 61bd.

2. Our own healing. You make it sounds like something we get frequent access to. Our "own healing" you refer to is a 2m CD. Almost full health is a strong word. More like...50% of our full heatlh, as the ability reads. I know a 50% heal feels like a 100% heal though. Make sure you exaggerate before just looking the ability up.

3. NB/RS is pretty hard to kill when it has 2 key defensives up. Wait for their "almost full heal" to drop and watch yourself be able to spike their HP down just like anyone else. And they can be hard to kill with heals. But so can my crappy specs if enough people heal on me. Also, we all consider bad healers but less consider bad DPS. I am sure we are all stellar damage do'ers and all, but lots of them don't go down because people aren't doing the DPS job right in lieu with healers doing their job. Bottom line is, it is not a hard spec to kill, it just has a couple nice temp buffs that prolong a fight in their favor and can eat up ~15s of time. After that glorious 15s it's back to regular rogue mode till they pop again.

4. I don't see what they need to give up. They don't have HP as high as tank specs (tank rogues push 41 - 50k hp). They don't have as much damage as the high DPS specs, nor do they come close if the same player were to do a real damaging spec and not need the defense of the NB/RS spec. And their self heals is a 2m CD. Sounds like the bread and butter of a hybrid spec working as intended. Not amazing at anything, good in many areas. It's formula for good PvP in many cases, not OP.

5. In full damage specs (DPS tact gives me about 24k) I sit around 21 - 22.5k hp. I have 3 warlord weapons and all t2 gear, trinket upgrade etc. So my gear is mid-range non suck, and my HP still is about there. Sounds like you are satisfied without realizing it. Game balance, especially games that have PvP and PvE, are a bigger house of cards/line of dominoes than you think. What goes through players heads when they say "Oh, well defensive souls should just subtract HP from you". Okay. That makes sense and would fit seamlessly into the game with no foreseeable paradoxes or conflicts. Not?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Do you even Rift?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I guess the OP thinks one vs one balance is a viable path for MMO's. there are Mage/warrior/cleric builds that do equal damage and burst.
    With 1/3 the defensive capability.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast