+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Ascended Chronicle: It's In Trion's Hands Now

Ascendant

Default The Ascended Chronicle: It's In Trion's Hands Now

With this installment to The Ascended Chronicle, I discuss why the current state of Rift PvP is dire, why that is the case, and how to fix it. As always, feedback is welcome either in the comments on the blog or in response to this post. I only ask that the comments be constructive as anything derogatory or trollish will be deleted.

http://ascendedchronicle.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Arena will fix nothing.

Also, PvP should be about winning. Carrot chasing has ruined MMOs.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Carrot chasing has ruined MMOs.
    With all do respect. Carrot chasing is the most dominate MMO characteristic.
    Last edited by Keota; 01-24-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Arena will fix nothing.

Also, PvP should be about winning. Carrot chasing has ruined MMOs.
    I respect your opinion but the evidence is stacked against you substantially.
    Last edited by Synovia; 01-24-2013 at 05:57 PM.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

inc deleted post.

lololololololololololololololololololololol

You do realize that you and your guild are a running joke in Rift PvP right?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ashh View Post
    inc deleted post.

lololololololololololololololololololololol

You do realize that you and your guild are a running joke in Rift PvP right?
    I realize there's a select group of individuals who don't understand the success we've enjoyed since the game launched but that's okay. For every negative comment I receive from the small handful of folks such as yourself, I receive 1-2 positive comments via PM, in-game, through the like button, or other means. It's rewarding to see so many rally in your defense when a small group of antagonists relentlessly attempt to keep the game we supposedly all love down.

Shadowlander

Well-written 1/24/2013 article.

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia
    I realize there's a select group of individuals who don't understand the success we've enjoyed since the game launched but that's okay. For every negative comment I receive from the small handful of folks such as yourself, I receive 1-2 positive comments via PM, in-game, through the like button, or other means. It's rewarding to see so many rally in your defense when a small group of antagonists relentlessly attempt to keep the game we supposedly all love down.
    You're blog says we should turn Rift into WoW, but there is a problem. Rift isn't WoW, and that is one of the reasons I play Rift. If you can't enjoy PvP for the sake of PvP then **** off and go season it up in WoW.
    Last edited by Ashh; 01-25-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Grandevr View Post
    Well-written 1/24/2013 article.
    Thanks for outlining the issue. I believe you are accurate.

Default I agree -- with Synovia

Quote Originally Posted by Krasnii View Post
    Thanks for outlining the issue. I believe you are accurate.
    Clarification. I love to play PVP for the sake of playing PVP. However, I also love the rewards. I'm not going to WOW either.

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    With all do respect. Carrot chasing is the most dominate MMO characteristic.
    gota disagree with you lil cuz.
    DAOC was the greatest pvp mmo of all time and there was ZERO carrot chasing for the high point. you could never get any higher Stregnth or higher damage and no additional skills once you hit max level .. and everyone played the hell out of it.

REAL pvpers dont pvp for rewards. Think about it. the 3 main pvp games of this era were daoc uo and war.. all had no rewards for the initial run
    Last edited by BishopX; 01-25-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

completely agree with this article. rift PVP is hella fun and really has alot of potential, but like any game doing the same thing over and over again gets stale after a while. They should change it up every quarter to keep that new feeling, and dimension arenas

Agree that Rift PvP is in a bad place, but disagree with much of your stance in the article. Only thing you mention that I strongly agree with (and is one of the things I've suggested for a long time) is the use of Dimensions to satisfy the arena "itch".

Give us group dueling and I'll be adding ladders or leagues to DYER in a heartbeat.

As soon as it becomes "official" you run the risk of needing distinct balancing and the introduction of unnecessary carrots.
    Last edited by Kyera; 01-25-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Plane Touched

I for one don't want arena's. I want persistent open world pvp. With persistent objectives.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast