+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: WTB roles in warfronts so both sides always have a healer

Rift Disciple

Default WTB roles in warfronts so both sides always have a healer

It would be nice if the warfront queues had role slots like the lfg dungeon one does. It doesn't even need to be that detailed, maybe just healer or dps. I'm tired of running wfs where it is "don't got a healer, we lost" before we even meet the other team. Black gardens and library are especially totally stupid without a healer.

Plane Touched

Disgree, part of the fun and part of the ""skill"" of in game is to choose and adapt your soul to the situation (changing during a WZ), and group composition.

However they should give all classes (well I mean warriors) usefull healing options.
    Salace R80 Elzareth R59 Melgria R70+ Gremia L48 EU

Hello Kasin - I like your idea and think it would certainly lead to more competitive matches. Obviously mages and priests, for example, can change roles and go healing - but - this doesn't always happen. A role selector similiar to dungeon finder would be a step in the right direction towards more meaningful PvP.
    Who is John Galt?

To be able to adjust in WFs you need to be able to change roles, which means queuing as healer wouldn't stop you from going dps.

With the move Trion has done with mixing factions, I'd rather see that they instead of splitting Defiants and Guardians into different sides, tried to balance the classes a bit more. I've been in WFs where my side was all yellow and red and the other side green and purple. On the other side, being without healer doesn't mean it's a loss. What makes it a loss is when people decide it is one and just camp the base instead. I've had a win in Library where I was the only thing close to a healer (Bard/Tact). I've won BG without healer, where we just alternated holding the fang while we beat the crap out of the other team.

this is amazing.... in a game where you have FIVE ROLES you can choose from and change at ANY TIME YOU ARE NOT IN COMBAT.... people complain about healing.

im sorry but NO. every class can heal and take care of themselves. I say this AS A WARRIOR. i cant get a + sign in front of my name but after specing my VK paly into games and been the top healer AND NOT DIED.(screen shots in other threads)
    i mean thieves can bard and tactician... but most are so hung up on "GOIN DEEPZ" they never do.
    mages can chloro for others or even warlock to keep thelselves alive... and never do

every class has enough self healing and shields that they can take care of themselves in a warfront.... you just choose not to.

I said it in beta you can go back and look at my post...
    this game will show who the TRUE JERKS ARE. because there will be no more complaining about not having support heals and heals because so many classes can do multiple roles.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    I've been in WFs where my side was all yellow and red and the other side green and purple. .
    this is because people tend to gravitate towards.. and play the class that is most powerful.
    when the game launched all you saw war red. warriors could aoe 2 shot anyone.
    then when Sabs became overpowered it was yellow everywhere.
    then remember the pyro craze?
    remember when they overbuffed shade form and we had zoomancers everywhere?
    now its back to yellow everywhere.

people will claim "Oh this is my favorite.. ive been playign an assassin since..blah blah blah" but they have an alt, and everyones switched toons when it became fotm. if you want to see a more balanced class diversity, need to focus more on nerfs to the classes and specs that are currently over played (thief MM, thief Sab, Thief RSBlade) and buff the ones that are under represented (cleric purifier, Cleric Sentinel)
    Last edited by BishopX; 01-24-2013 at 06:35 AM.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

It would be nice if they start by not penalizing me for switching to a needed role and running 20%(?) slower than everyone else for swapping roles. Why is that still a bug? Unless yesterdays patch fixed it I havent tested.

I don't see the point of this thread, people can change roles in warfronts right now, it's up to your fellow players to freely choose if they want to swap into a support setup. You can't expect to task Trion to force that choice into the player base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    this is because people tend to gravitate towards.. and play the class that is most powerful.

people will claim "Oh this is my favorite.. ive been playign an assassin since..blah blah blah" but they have an alt, and everyones switched toons when it became fotm. if you want to see a more balanced class diversity, need to focus more on nerfs to the classes and specs that are currently over played (thief MM, thief Sab, Thief RSBlade) and buff the ones that are under represented (cleric purifier, Cleric Sentinel)
    Tsk tsk Bishop, nerf rogues, buff clerics lol, doesn't sound like a good path to follow. I've been a rogue since head start, and still am, mages/clerics don't need damage buffs, but rather defensive outs when being trained by melee. Clerics and Mages can hit very hard right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

I know what you're talking about (oh the horror defending being a Rogue from start after 1.5 hit us lol). But, I think you misunderstood me. In no way would it be possible to balance the teams with equal numbers of each class. I meant it would be nice if you split all classes on each side and not all Warrior/Rogues on one side and Cleric/Mages on the other. So even if 80% of the WF was Rogues (feels like that some times atm), the other 20% would be split equal between the two teams. Giving both sides a "chance" to have a proper healer.

Hope that I made more sense this time

I like the idea of queing in wf similar to queing in dungeons with your role set upon enter. Much more competitve action that way.
    Genny@Greybriar

this is amazing.... in a game where you have FIVE ROLES you can choose from and change at ANY TIME YOU ARE NOT IN COMBAT.... people complain about healing.

im sorry but NO. every class can heal and take care of themselves. I say this AS A WARRIOR. i cant get a + sign in front of my name but after specing my VK paly into games and been the top healer AND NOT DIED.(screen shots in other threads)
    i mean thieves can bard and tactician... but most are so hung up on "GOIN DEEPZ" they never do.
    mages can chloro for others or even warlock to keep thelselves alive... and never do

every class has enough self healing and shields that they can take care of themselves in a warfront.... you just choose not to.

I said it in beta you can go back and look at my post...
    this game will show who the TRUE JERKS ARE. because there will be no more complaining about not having support heals and heals because so many classes can do multiple roles.
    LOL you're so cute

Ascendant

. i cant get a + sign in front of my name but after specing my VK paly into games and been the top healer
    lol wut?
    Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

bad idea. badbadbad.

who stops people from queueing heals and those people ending up dps anyways. to stop that you would have to lock specs, and then the following happens....

scenario 1;
    "OEH YEA, there's my random warfront queue, i signed as healer so i get a quicker pop YYEEEAAAA. but secretly im still in my dps spec, hehehehe mwhuhuhahahahaha!!!!"

scenario 2;
    "ah, im done healing this time, ima go dps the sh*t outta this WF! oh what's this? healers are complete idiots who cant keep a fart alive.... lemme change my spec real quick, OH NO, spec locked, better afk at spawn".

that's how it's gonna be....
    Last edited by parangea; 01-24-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Tsk tsk Bishop, nerf rogues, buff clerics lol, doesn't sound like a good path to follow. I've been a rogue since head start, and still am, mages/clerics don't need damage buffs, but rather defensive outs when being trained by melee. Clerics and Mages can hit very hard right now.
    Mage/Cleric dps is fine, albeit overly reliant on hard cast stuff (which is a pita with so many cheap interrupts, and no silence DR). Shift some damage to instant stuff, and give us some way to get away from "lol skillshot of infinite rootedness". Problems solved and I would be a pretty happy cleric.

Caveat, if they **** up healing such that it really isn't fun to play anymore, I will be an angry cleric... again.
    Last edited by Anathemus; 01-24-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast