+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tier 2 PVP PA on PTS

Default Tier 2 PVP PA on PTS

Tier 2 PVP PA is on the PTS now as part of PTS 2.2 In-Progress Notes Set #2.

Overview below:

15 WIS (main stat)
    15 CP
    15 END
    45 Valor
    45 Vengeance
    Increases mounted movement speed by 5%.
    Reduces the cooldown time of Break Free by 15 seconds.
    Reduces the chance to be critically hit by players by 5%.
    Blood Thirsty: Killing a player heals the bearer a % of their max HP over 10secs. Cannot be applied more than once every 10 secs. Lasts 1 hour. CD: 2hrs. Instant. Buff.
    Increases your maximum number of planar charges by 1.

They seem to be hell bent on making it so that if you pvp, you will never pve. Ever.

Completely lackluster.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Completely lackluster.
    ^ this seriously, Blood Thirsty? are you fin kidding me?

Having said that they could have given us nothing ever, so ill take what little this is over nothing.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

due to the overwhelming feedback that no one like bloodthristy we have changed it to killing spree, 5.5 seconds(can't be better than the guild perk lolol) on a 2 hours cooldown instead. enjoy.

Yea Blood Thirsty was a wtf moment. Especially since your guild can already invest in the Blood Thirsty perk that gives you the same benefit.

I'm assuming they wanted to do something similar to Tier 3 PA with the consumables. The benefits of the PA ability that grants you the use of a Planar Consumable for free provides minimal benefit at best. However, at least I can understand to some extent where they are coming from - perhaps people don't have the time to farm the consumables, and they might cost a bit on the AH, or not be available at all. This will encourage more people to use it.

But Blood Thirsty? It's a guild perk using Silver Artifacts that you buy from the Guild Quartermaster for 50g. It has unlimited supply. You save 50g every two hours (due to the 2hr CD); whoop-de-doo. They really should have thought of something else.

Bloodthirsty is good now.. if it's part of the double dipping thing not so much, but it's currently a 5k+ heal depending on your spec.

Dunno, but I wasn't expecting anything earthshattering for PvP PA. It's hard to get really creative and not get OP.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Prophet of Telara

Another - 5 % to crit chance ? Seriously ?

In full Freelancer gear my mage (without any crit talents) has about 14 % crit chance. So attacking a full PA target I will have 4 %.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Hey.. Im just happy they added it was nearly convinced it was going to be ignored.

awesome job Trion! Now if we can luster these up just a tad bit. Maybe increase the dmg reduction of gaurd??give interrupt ability's the chance to proc a silence?? things of that nature would be really great!

again thanks for the t2 pvp PA
    Zoartype@Deepwood

So there are no +crit to x skill or damaging skills or whatever in the Mage trees?

I would have loved that BT if it was stackable with the guild perk one
    Last edited by minipara; 01-24-2013 at 02:10 AM.

That really makes me mad. I pointed it out before and said that it would be the last thing I'd ever want. So now they are planning on copying it and just slapping in another -5% crit chance? Hello, most of us only rock a base chance of 9 - 12%. Awesome -1 to 2% crit chance in Pvp.

I really hope they take feedback and consider changes it to maybe the way bard was. Like -1% chance at best. There are already talents that reduce incoming crit chance. Some people could effectively cause players to have 0% crit against them.

Guess I'll copy/paste this and more to the PTS :/

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    So there are no +crit to x skill or damaging skills or whatever in the Mage trees?
    Would still be no excuse to have people running around with the base chances they would. So what they would be saying, for rogue for example, is that to crit you need 5 points in ranger, assassin or to just use a MM more often.

You shouldn't need a +crit talent just to have an already very small chance. Like I said, it really needs to be -1% or so due to the way they scaled it back. It is an element created when beginner crit rates were base of around 18 - 25% and well geared people had 40 - 45%.

It would really kill the synergy and working of some souls. But yes, I guess I will leave feedback.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-24-2013 at 02:38 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Sword of Telara

well i guess they can tell the people that have commented about ttk being too fast that it is one step closer to a fix.
    -5% is huge
    Last edited by Ehxon; 01-24-2013 at 03:30 AM.

Man. It's no wonder Trion seldom does things for PvP. They throw us a bone and all you hear is *****ing and moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Man. It's no wonder Trion seldom does things for PvP. They throw us a bone and all you hear is *****ing and moaning.
    Your analogy is perfect. They throw us the scraps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast