+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Warfronts and people afk

Soulwalker

Default Warfronts and people afk

So I'm relatively new to the game and I am getting absolutely sick of ***** afk'ing in warfronts. It's always seems to be the same people as well. I report these players but nothing happens?

Why is the report function there if they just hit up every warfront and afk with some script running to keep them moving every few seconds.

Is this a problem @ level 60 in warfronts? Or is it mainly just lazy schmucks that want an easy way to level?

Warfronty AFKers are the lowest form of life and a completely pathetic. Why PAY to play a game, and then log into the game, and not play? At any rate, over the last few days I have been doing LOTS of WFs and I can honestly say I havent seen any AFKers at all. I am on Defiant. Maybe it's a Guardian thing?
    Last edited by MMoplaya1971; 01-22-2013 at 05:38 AM.

It's better to go AFK than play with noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    It's better to go AFK than play with noobs.
    In my experience its the noobs that go AFK. They arent the kind of people that do very well so they would rather just go AFK and not witness how poorly they pvp. Much easier on the ego.

Soulwalker

If you wanna go AFK once in a while because your team is ******ed, that's fine by me. Joining WF after WF after WF and sitting in the graveyard the whole time moving an inch when the "YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED AFK..." note appears, that's a whole different story. As Trion doesn't seem to give two ****s about AFKers it's something we just have to deal with.
    Gandrik - ROGUE - <Sedition> @ FAEBLIGHT
    Eliarra - WARRIOR - <Sedition> @ FAEBLIGHT
    Anderos - MAGE - <Seafire Ventures> @ FAEBLIGHT

Shadowlander

actually, the typical people that go afk on wfs the so called "pros" they see a futile game and just call it quit and simply QQ for the duration of the game generously providing feedback as to how we should play

Quote Originally Posted by somba View Post
    actually, the typical people that go afk on wfs the so called "pros" they see a futile game and just call it quit and simply QQ for the duration of the game generously providing feedback as to how we should play
    This man is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by somba View Post
    the real pros never give up.
    because they've seen matches turn from 800-100 into 950-1000...
    ...they've seen all dps teams wipe opponents with 5 healers...
    ...they've seen a solo player single handedly turn a losing match into a win...
    ...they've seen pro premade opponents make stupid mistakes when they are ahead...

the quitters arent pros, they are bads who need to be carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

There are plenty of lobsided Wfs that pretty much force you to afk,when you join a team that consists of just rogues and see the other team with multiple healers that you know are playing defiler there isnt really much you can do.

There's no reason to afk in warfronts. Put simply it's pathetic, nothing pro about it.

Lol at saying if the game so bad, it's ok to afk. You do realise you're part of the team right?

Double lol at so called players, trying to justify being losers.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    There's no reason to afk in warfronts. Put simply it's pathetic, nothing pro about it.

Lol at saying if the game so bad, it's ok to afk. You do realise you're part of the team right?

Double lol at so called players, trying to justify being losers.
    I presume you have never been on the end of a blowout wf with the entire team camping the spawn exits. What else is there to do in wfs where you jump out of spawn and get insta gibbed by 5+ people.

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    I presume you have never been on the end of a blowout wf with the entire team camping the spawn exits. What else is there to do in wfs where you jump out of spawn and get insta gibbed by 5+ people.
    What do you do? I'm guessing you stand at spawn thinking 'OMG, IF ONLY THERE WAS A WAY TO GO AROUND'.

If you're going to afk, either call out, or cop the 'Ascended Disgrace' or whatever it's called.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    That's not the scenario I was referring to in my original post. I can kind of get why some people may just quit during a game and decide " it's over " and stop playing, I don't like it, but whatever.

The people I am referring to are people who join a WF from the start and simply never participate the entire match. I've seen 3 separate characters now, at least, that join and simply move every 30 seconds or so. This has been over the last few nights.

On a side note I am fairly sure I ran into a bot playing guardian in a warfront. The " player " would simply run laps of the warfront and never use any abilities, and eventually it would get stuck on some terrain. it was also impossible to charge at as it would port forward a few yards every time I charged at it.

Plane Walker

So what if you feed them favor? In the past that was a valid metagame excuse since you didn't want to make your enemies stronger, but now that person you're feeding favor to can be on your team in the next matches.

I'd rather feed them favor to lie down and give up. I queued for a warfront because I wanted to play and am not going to stop playing just because it's tough. Man up for god's sake. If you don't try and face the difficulty you will not improve as a player and you'll just keep encountering the same situations again and again.

In WFs where nobody afks just because the first encounter failed it's not uncommon to come back and win the WF. It favors the other team for awhile but is by no means insurmountable. However, the more players that afk the more slim the chance of a comeback becomes. Afkers love to respond "we've already lost" when spoken to in regards to their afk, but that's a self fulfilling prophecy. Of course we're going to lose if players aren't even trying to win. That's like saying "I'm not going to go to work anymore since I'm just going to get fired anyway".

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    What do you do? I'm guessing you stand at spawn thinking 'OMG, IF ONLY THERE WAS A WAY TO GO AROUND'.

If you're going to afk, either call out, or cop the 'Ascended Disgrace' or whatever it's called.
    No, i just admit that the other team was better and let them win, being on the team that is steamrolling is just as boring as being on the recieving end of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast