+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Leaderboards ?! can we have some rewards monthly

Default Leaderboards ?! can we have some rewards monthly

Atm leaderboards mean nothing. Maybe treion should put the pvp devs to work ,and give us some nice exclusive ranks/items for being in first 5 places in our league of pvp leaderboards
    we fight god

The reward is the huge amount of favor you get from playing the most.

Skill does not equal time spent, which is how the leadersboards are currently scored. The only use for the leaderboard is to see what class is played most at certain roles, what players tend to pvp the most and possibly what the pvp guilds are.

The only one that could possibly equal skill is killing blow sprees, but that in and of itself has a lot of flaws.

Leaderboards don't mean anything, because they don't establish anything.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Leaderboards don't mean anything, because they don't establish anything.
    leaderboards should mean something
    we fight god

I thought the word from the horses mouths were that they don't intend or vision 'leaderboards' to show aspects of who is better than one another.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Barangu View Post
    leaderboards should mean something
    That would be great, but the current ones don't, so why reward them?
    Last edited by Kyera; 01-20-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

What stats could they track, that show measures of skill, that can't be completely destroyed by having a string of bad teams?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Sword of Telara

yes reward people for playing more than others, because they dont already have everything as it is and need more.

i cant say about leaders to much things but rewards are nice to have :P
    i like to hunt the weak

Trion specifically stated that the leaderboards aren't intended to provide any possibility of showing people how bad they are. People who think they're bad at things often give up, and in Trion's case that results in lost subs.

That's why when I logged onto one of my alts that hasn't been played since June he was still in Silver or Gold league for everything...

I'm pretty sure there isn't even a Bronze league, if there is I've never seen it.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 01-20-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    Nope.

Ascendant

Whenever I made a new character they'd be put in the Bronze League initially. Was "filled" with about 2-3 people who would have basically nothing on all of the categories.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Eubyufurizha View Post
    i cant say about leaders to much things but rewards are nice to have :P
    Why should you be rewarded for nothing? That's not a reward, that's what I'd call charity.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I thought the word from the horses mouths were that they don't intend or vision 'leaderboards' to show aspects of who is better than one another.
    Actually that quote is from an impromptu discussion with a player on PTS in tells that was then later posted. I expressed a fear of showing stats that show you that you are "bad". It is now internet legend and interpreted in a million different ways.

If you can come up with a good way to show off your skill given the current setup for PvP that we have, I'm more than willing to investigate a leaderboard for it. However - the key words here in the current setup for PvP - no wish-listing for Arenas or other systems today.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Actually that quote is from an impromptu discussion with a player on PTS in tells that was then later posted. I expressed a fear of showing stats that show you that you are "bad". It is now internet legend and interpreted in a million different ways.

If you can come up with a good way to show off your skill given the current setup for PvP that we have, I'm more than willing to investigate a leaderboard for it. However - the key words here in the current setup for PvP - no wish-listing for Arenas or other systems today.

~Daglar
    you afraid arena because balance in pvp is something that is to hard to achieve , i can understand this

rift wont have arena ..not even in 10 years
    Last edited by Saia; 01-20-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    Is there a way to implement saves to leaderboards? Also Kills : Deaths in PvP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast