+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: You asked for it, you got it.

Default You asked for it, you got it.

Or at least, it looks like you'll get it. From the cleric forums:

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    From my estimation it appears that Nysyr's Rebuke was used as a major linchpin for adjusting the damage of the class up and down.

I'd rather see some of the damage moved out of Nysyr's and into other abilities instead of the class relying on this particular ability (as well as combining it with cooldowns) for a large percentage of its damage.
    How will the damage be spread? Hopefully in a way that'll make you QQ even harder

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Nah, just something that is long overdue for a change.
    --BC

Buff BoD and SH again!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post

How will the damage be spread? Hopefully in a way that'll make you QQ even harder
    Awesome way to take it completely out of context.

Daglar was referring to PvE setting, not in regards to PvP since at the moment, Clerics are heavily reliant upon Nysyr's Rebuke in PvE and they still are below other ranged specs.

By shifting focus off Nysyr's rebuke the rest of their weaponry can then be more deadly.
    Its not some nerf with PvP in mind.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post

I also said I want to talk to Kervik about it - not that its going to happen This is not based on QQ in PvP at all.

~Daglar

P.S. Nerf void bolt

I also said I want to talk to Kervik about it - not that its going to happen This is not based on QQ in PvP at all.

~Daglar

P.S. Nerf void bolt
    Word around the street is you have been doing some Warfronts recently

Maybe a personal experience as of late that might have rustled your jimmy's?
    Zoartype@Deepwood

BoD is a 3 sec cast time.... make give it a slight buff in damage if used instant, and give it a HUGE buff if used hard cast.
    i do not want any of the instants to have their damage raised (vex scourge sanction)
    i would take more damage and toned down nyssyrs but put it in a conditional , cooldown or stand to cast ability.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    Word around the street is you have been doing some Warfronts recently

Maybe a personal experience as of late that might have rustled your jimmy's?
    Not at all. Like I said, looking into it has nothing to do with PvP - the ability is already nerfed in PvP though quite effective. Go re-read the thread where I respond to this issue.

Sure Inqs can get the drop on you and deal a lot of damage, but reflects, interrupts, silence, stun, squirrel and Natural Conversion all make bad times for Inqs.

~Daglar

Since you are able to see that, hopefully we will be given more options as dps in pvp.

You remember that one time when someone posted actual evidence that a change had been based on PvP QQ, not on actual analysis of the numbers?

Me neither. Maybe it'll happen some day.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Part of the fundamental problem with the reliance on Nysyr's in PVE is how much dps is lost if this is mistimed, interrupted, or for any other reason does not execute to its full potential.

As far as I'm aware, Nysyr's contributes more to an inquisitor's total dps than any other single cooldown from any other spec. Ideally fixing this reliance on Nysyr's (it's total contribution of an Inq's dps) will result in less punishment to clerics for mistakes or mechanics interfering with the cooldown.

The comments about it being a PVP issue are silly, as it already has its damage modified for pvp. If that was the focal concern, they could modify it further. The plan appears to be one that will help clerics, but leave it to the forum trolls to distort and ignore facts in some attempt to be provocative.

Ascendant

Not at all. Like I said, looking into it has nothing to do with PvP - the ability is already nerfed in PvP though quite effective. Go re-read the thread where I respond to this issue.

Sure Inqs can get the drop on you and deal a lot of damage, but reflects, interrupts, silence, stun, squirrel and Natural Conversion all make bad times for Inqs.

~Daglar
    this 1000 times... people always ONLY see the one time they get hit hard by something, they never realize the dozen times before and after they didnt get hit at all.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Crovack View Post
    Part of the fundamental problem with the reliance on Nysyr's in PVE is how much dps is lost if this is mistimed, interrupted, or for any other reason does not execute to its full potential.

As far as I'm aware, Nysyr's contributes more to an inquisitor's total dps than any other single cooldown from any other spec. Ideally fixing this reliance on Nysyr's (it's total contribution of an Inq's dps) will result in less punishment to clerics for mistakes or mechanics interfering with the cooldown.

The comments about it being a PVP issue are silly, as it already has its damage modified for pvp. If that was the focal concern, they could modify it further. The plan appears to be one that will help clerics, but leave it to the forum trolls to distort and ignore facts in some attempt to be provocative.
    Exactly my experience as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Awesome way to take it completely out of context.
    Thanks

~Daglar

P.S. Nerf void bolt
    In the words of David Tennant, "Well..." I did only say that it "looked like" it was going to happen. I also didn't say it was happening BECAUSE they asked for it.

...the ability is already nerfed in PvP...

~Daglar
    This made it worthwhile. Thanks for paraphrasing everything I've ever said in Nysyr's QQ threads.

~Daglar
    Stupid burst tricks legit.

Tac time.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast