+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The future of CQ?

Telaran

Default The future of CQ?

First of I would like to say, that this is not a rant. I'm just really curious about the future of CQ and the current state of CQ.

I more or less only join CQ to get my weekly done for the Warlord Mark's, but every game I'm in, the whole chat is constantly filled with complains about how boring CQ is, how long games take now, how many AFK'ers the factions has ect. I haven't talked with even one, that actually like to play CQ. All join for either CQ Marks, CQ Points or Daily/Weekly. No one seems to join for fun. Is this really what we want as open world "PvP/PvE" in Rift?

40% of the team goes after Extractors, 40% goes after the other factions players and 20% seem to be AFK or atleast not participating in any constructive way. This leaves A LOT of fighting in the chat over what the goal/strategy is and should be. CQ as it is now, is just broken and no, it's not the players fault. When people are not enjoying the content provided, they will not take it serious.

We need a BIG rewamp of CQ. Running around capping Extractors has to be the most boring concept of "Open World PvP" I have EVER seen in any MMO. And we need to force the players/factions to split up in smaller groups, as zerg vs zerg, just isn't fun either. It has absolutely nothing to do with actual PvP (it's just mindless zerg/train mentality).

So my question is. Is this it Trion? Nothing new and exciting to look forward to?

We need way more info on the future of PvP in Rift. As things are now, I know for a fact that half my guild is quitting soon, if nothing new happens (and I'm in the largest and most active PvP guild in EU and properly whole Rift). Soon Rift wont have any PvP'ers left and it will be to late Trion. So give us some hope. Give us something to look forward to. Or atleast let us be a part of the future. I've seen so many good ideas here on the forums.

Well. I could keep going and going, but the thread is already way to long.

If anyone even enjoys CQ as things are now, please do tell and please give me a good reason to enjoy it to

Best regards Vicon

Ascendant

did your write this post 2 months ago and now copy pasted it?

I completely agree with all of this. Well put

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    did your write this post 2 months ago and now copy pasted it?
    Let's just say that the thread has been started a few months back. But I'm a patience man, so I wanted to give Trion a chance with the release of Storm Legion to make CQ exciting. I heared Dalgar state that we would get new maps each CQ season, so I waited again (they deserve a little holiday break to), but nothing happend (not talking content wise only, but plain info on what we can expect).

People are growing tired of PvP in Rift. When Storm Legion landed, most of us had the whole, yay new content feel. But when we hit 60 and realised we where doing the same content as before, just 10 levels higher, most of us got tired really fast again. We need something new, something worth doing. As things are now, we are only PvP'ing for Marks to get gear and then what?

PvE'ers got a ****load of new content and more on the way (and I'm happy for them).
    PvP'ers got what in Storm Legion? One simple map (KR) and some new gear.

Where is the rated Warfronts?
    Where is the fun and meaningful open world PvP?

PvP servers are dead. There is absolutely no reason to roll on one anymore, as you wont find any players roaming around to have a fight with. I can come up with 100 ways to make PvP servers blossom again. It's really not that hard. It just feels like Trion has given up on PvP as a whole and settled with Rift being a PvE game and leeching money of those of us still stupid enough to be here for the PvP.
    Last edited by Ricon; 01-19-2013 at 08:36 AM.

yea, i would like to know what trion's plans are regarding pvp and pvp-servers. new content is a must.
    would be sad to see even less players on bloodiron (i presume that's your shard).

lets say it again, we NEED new content. not just a new WF. or a new CQ *shrug* map. we want just as much new content as pve has got. but we aint getting. making me /sadface
    Last edited by parangea; 01-19-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by parangea View Post
    yea, i would like to know what trion's plans are regarding pvp and pvp-servers. new content is a must.
    would be sad to see even less players on bloodiron (i presume that's your shard).

lets say it again, we NEED new content. not just a new WF. or a new CQ *shrug* map. we want just as much new content as pve has got. but we aint getting. making me /sadface
    content in pvp is pvp ...

while i agree, that rated wf and 5vs5 wf need to come for guilds and premades, i wouldnt care if that was all on an existing map. new maps and stuff is not needed at all.

and on conquest: well reading the chat the last 20 conquest i played, most players were very satisfied about the pvp happening. conquest needs small tweaks not a revamp... (besides the silly endgame, this just has to be deleted ^^).

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by parangea View Post

Let's just say, I'm one of your CL's. See the name in the buttom of the post dumbass!

Telaran

content in pvp is pvp ...

while i agree, that rated wf and 5vs5 wf need to come for guilds and premades, i wouldnt care if that was all on an existing map. new maps and stuff is not needed at all.

and on conquest: well reading the chat the last 20 conquest i played, most players were very satisfied about the pvp happening. conquest needs small tweaks not a revamp... (besides the silly endgame, this just has to be deleted ^^).
    What servers are you playing with (EU/NA)? I've NEVER seen anyone post anything positive about CQ inside a CQ. Not even once, since SL released. And CQ needs a rewamp, atleast I think it does and the majority of the playerbase think it does. Let's cut it up here.

1. Phase: Running in circles, attacking structurs (Extractors), to get possession of 65% of them at the same time (this can be done, without confronting any enemies at all - I've actually seen CQ's end with under 25 kills).

2. Phase: Kill all structures (Foci). Here the factions even avoid eachother and ride right past eachother.

3. Phase: Kill a boss. We stand on each side, peacefully attacking the boss (granded, from time to time, you get a kill or two here).

Are you seriously calling this PvP? This is 90% PvE and 10% PvP.

My guild have run many premades, with 5 vs 5. And let me tell you. The maps are WAY to big for 5 man teams. We NEED new maps or we NEED a ****load of new PvP'ers into the game, so be able to run 10/15 vs 10/15. My guild could properly get 15 people together quite often. But I'm betting we would be the only guild in EU, that actually have 15+ active PvP minded players to run premades with on a day to day basis.

CQ just needs to die.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricon View Post
    Let's just say, I'm one of your CL's. See the name in the buttom of the post dumbass!
    uuh, yea, i forgot about that, so many names, so few faces
    btw, who's leaving? i'll pm you later in-game ^^
    Last edited by parangea; 01-19-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Ascendant

What servers are you playing with (EU/NA)? I've NEVER seen anyone post anything positive about CQ inside a CQ. Not even once, since SL released. And CQ needs a rewamp, atleast I think it does and the majority of the playerbase think it does. Let's cut it up here.

1. Phase: Running in circles, attacking structurs (Extractors), to get possession of 65% of them at the same time (this can be done, without confronting any enemies at all - I've actually seen CQ's end with under 25 kills).

2. Phase: Kill all structures (Foci). Here the factions even avoid eachother and ride right past eachother.

3. Phase: Kill a boss. We stand on each side, peacefully attacking the boss (granded, from time to time, you get a kill or two here).

Are you seriously calling this PvP? This is 90% PvE and 10% PvP.

My guild have run many premades, with 5 vs 5. And let me tell you. The maps are WAY to big for 5 man teams. We NEED new maps or we NEED a ****load of new PvP'ers into the game, so be able to run 10/15 vs 10/15. My guild could properly get 15 people together quite often. But I'm betting we would be the only guild in EU, that actually have 15+ active PvP minded players to run premades with on a day to day basis.
    so you say you didnt play the cqs yesterday evening or the all the days before since patch? i make screenshots next time about the cheers in chat how fun the cqs were ...

the first level you explain as pve is no pve since the last patch its pure fighting. the last 5 minutes were always thrilling and close for all three factions. i really dont know what you are talking about.

yes 5man are to less, but with 10 men you can actually have an impact in the game.

we can all agree that the endgame after one faction won is really bad though.

what i imagine out of your posting is, you dont want conquest, you want another warfront.

btw. today there where WAY over 300 players in conquest ...
    Last edited by Antigonos; 01-19-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Ascendant

and to be constructive these are the tweaks that be needed in this cq map IMHO

1. Wining condition: 61%
    2. Get rid of five minute timer when 1. is achieved. CQ ends then and winner is declared.
    3. 10 Minutes fighting after killcount is reached. Winner is the faction with most % after 10 minutes. cq ends
    4. no rewards for players not having killed 10 players or been involved in taking at least one extractor ur upped a turret or upgraded the extractor etc.
    5. 10 minute reward for any player being involved like described in 4 upped 50% + 20 marks
    6. delete whole pve endgame.

Telaran

so you say you didnt play the cqs yesterday evening or the all the days before since patch? i make screenshots next time about the cheers in chat how fun the cqs were ...

the first level you explain as pve is no pve since the last patch its pure fighting. the last 5 minutes were always thrilling and close for all three factions. i really dont know what you are talking about.

yes 5man are to less, but with 10 men you can actually have an impact in the game.

we can all agree that the endgame after one faction won is really bad though.

what i imagine out of your posting is, you dont want conquest, you want another warfront.

btw. today there where WAY over 300 players in conquest ...
    I play several CQ's everyday. And not seeing anyone cheering or being positive about CQ. The new queue system is even worse than the old one, for so many reasons. Either make it totally random join or make it like it was (I prefer the first one though - My miles!).

What happens in CQ now:

- You still see MANY people AFK'ing.

- Maches last 2-3 hours.

- Absolutely no teamwork (see my post earlier about player mentality).

- Healing is WAAAY to high atm. (Not kidding here, but NF and Oath had a zerg vs zerg, that lasted 30 mins or so and the only reason it stopped, was because Dom rushed to 65% and won. Dom didn't even engage in combat once in that CQ).

- We are still forced to use the majority of our time in CQ, doing PvE (killing Extractors, Foci, end boss ect.).

- When the match really starts to get fun and equal, the mini bosses spawn and half of Oath rush to spawn to PvE for 1-2 Stones for 10 mins, which ruins the balance and NF usually wins. When playing on NF, I've actually pulled the boss to Oath spawn several times, just to see them pick it up and NF get's an easy win.

- Want me to keep going?

Telaran

and to be constructive these are the tweaks that be needed in this cq map IMHO

1. Wining condition: 61%
    2. Get rid of five minute timer when 1. is achieved. CQ ends then and winner is declared.
    3. 10 Minutes fighting after killcount is reached. Winner is the faction with most % after 10 minutes. cq ends
    4. no rewards for players not having killed 10 players or been involved in taking at least one extractor ur upped a turret or upgraded the extractor etc.
    5. 10 minute reward for any player being involved like described in 4 upped 50% + 20 marks
    6. delete whole pve endgame.
    I agree. These are some decent changes. But we have seen these changes being posted 50+ times, since CQ was released. And still no action from Trion? It's not like all of them would be very hard to code/change. I'm sitting with a feeling that they aren't changing these things, as they have another idea for CQ in the future. But then give us some damn info, so we know something is changing for the better.
    Last edited by Ricon; 01-19-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Ascendant

I play several CQ's everyday. And not seeing anyone cheering or being positive about CQ. The new queue system is even worse than the old one, for so many reasons. Either make it totally random join or make it like it was (I prefer the first one though - My miles!).

What happens in CQ now:

- You still see MANY people AFK'ing.

- Maches last 2-3 hours.

- Absolutely no teamwork (see my post earlier about player mentality).

- Healing is WAAAY to high atm. (Not kidding here, but NF and Oath had a zerg vs zerg, that lasted 30 mins or so and the only reason it stopped, was because Dom rushed to 65% and won. Dom didn't even engage in combat once in that CQ).

- We are still forced to use the majority of our time in CQ, doing PvE (killing Extractors, Foci, end boss ect.).

- When the match really starts to get fun and equal, the mini bosses spawn and half of Oath rush to spawn to PvE for 1-2 Stones for 10 mins, which ruins the balance and NF usually wins. When playing on NF, I've actually pulled the boss to Oath spawn several times, just to see them pick it up and NF get's an easy win.

- Want me to keep going?
    you did read daglars posting that the queue system IS RANDOM due to a bug since hotfix? thats to your observation how a pure random queue is superior and the queue now is not working ^^

whats bad with matches lasting 2-3 hours? for me cq could be open 24h actually ^^

its not pve its fighting over strategic objectives. all you want is a deathmatch mode. (and yes that could be done on a differen cq map of course, but there should be a playmode for players who like strategic fight over deathmatch modes). As i said, i think what you want is another warfront not a open pvp simulation.

healing is to high due to a bug. and actually i think in cq its quite right now balance wise.

yes pve **** HAS TO GO, no arguing here ;)

ah i forgot:

get rid of ANY PVE REWARD obtainable through conquest. make cq power pvp only, no iss, no pve bis items.
    Last edited by Antigonos; 01-19-2013 at 11:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast