+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: A healers game...

Soulwalker

Default A healers game...

Ok guys, I recently came back after about a years break from Rift, and I buy the expansion, start playing, queue up for Warfronts and I can't kill ****.

I see everyone running around with 12k+ hp and I start thinking. I look up my stats and see I got ****loads of PvP damage reduction and I think to myself, fine, I'll just get Fel Blades and it's gonna be alright. But oh, boy, was I wrong..

I mean, in a world where healing reducion barely reaches 10%, your critical strikes on a good day maybe reaches 2000, while your opponent still has way over tenthousand hp.

The problem is the healing classes. I see mages doing 3v1 without even breaking a sweat.
    Rogues pulling ****loads of damage done/healing done in WFs, virtually invincible clerics carrying shards. The list is long.

The weight of the healing classes is just to great right now, it doesn't seem balanced at all.

-I was wondering, does anyone else see this as a problem as much as I do?

-If it's acknowledged as a problem, is it being looked into?

Start by re-reading your tooltips.

Most of them changed in some way.

play a rogue? no idea what to do? np, switch to nb/rs and faceroll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9VFUbdK8Xw

a fair and balance spec for keyboard turners, clickers, tunneled vision overextenders.

Soulwalker

I'm actually trying out nb/rs right now. Figured they nerfed it from when I last used it but I liked it alot back then, And o far it's the best spec I tried for PvP, with bladedancer just behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post

a fair and balance spec for keyboard turners, clickers, tunneled vision overextenders.
    I saw tons of skill used. I mean, some dude told me on the forums that when you bunnyhop it makes you overpowered.

Mire bunnyhopped. Therefore he is overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatEight View Post
    Ok guys, I recently came back after about a years break from Rift, and I buy the expansion, start playing, queue up for Warfronts and I can't kill ****.

I see everyone running around with 12k+ hp and I start thinking. I look up my stats and see I got ****loads of PvP damage reduction and I think to myself, fine, I'll just get Fel Blades and it's gonna be alright. But oh, boy, was I wrong..

I mean, in a world where healing reducion barely reaches 10%, your critical strikes on a good day maybe reaches 2000, while your opponent still has way over tenthousand hp.

The problem is the healing classes. I see mages doing 3v1 without even breaking a sweat.
    Rogues pulling ****loads of damage done/healing done in WFs, virtually invincible clerics carrying shards. The list is long.

The weight of the healing classes is just to great right now, it doesn't seem balanced at all.

-I was wondering, does anyone else see this as a problem as much as I do?

-If it's acknowledged as a problem, is it being looked into?

Well you do know why your heal reduction spells are 10% right? Cause healing is already nerfed another 40% in pvp when in a pvp instance...best part is since SL launch every 50 to 59 player has said healing doesn't seem OP just wait until you ding 60 then come back and talk to us.

Unless of course you already 60 been playing since launch as a rogue and now post because you feel you didn't deserve nerfs in pvp and think reverse psychology will work on the devs and community so you act like its so crazy how strong healing is?

I mean really there are no threads about OP healing in pvp forum front page but multiple ones about OP dps and we are to believe you logged in and didn't not take even a second to look at the threads below your post about burst being out of control and ttk being too low?

Bad troll bad

Oh and please post a vid or SS of clerics running stones and being invincible or mages in 3v1 situations not breaking a sweet....
    Last edited by Scarybadlady; 01-18-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

You're not level 60 yet.

In the 50's healing may seem "op"...however at 60, it certainly is not "op" at all.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    You're not level 60 yet.

In the 50's healing may seem "op"...however at 60, it certainly is not "op" at all.
    lol again...
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Ya the lower levels seem to get a lot of games with 4-7 healers on each side. The 50-54 bracket usually is full of healers.

I just finished a game in the 40-49 bracket actually and there were 7 kills in a 1000 - 812 Library game... pretty pathetic

http://i49.tinypic.com/2mev66v.jpg

It's not as bad in the 60 brackets... usually

Nerf heals another 20%, increase warrior melee damage and give a blanket buff to survivability.

Am I right? Zoar, am I right?
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Please dont nerf us healing again . Its not fair some of us like playing medic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post

I, for one, am totally thrilled with 4k finishers at level 60 (except for when I hit people who have 3k health left for 6.7k, of course). The Fiery Spike -> SoD merry-go-round is nice, but I'm still looking for the spec's teeth.
    Last edited by Kyera; 01-18-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Shadowlander

It's True. Healing in WarFront needs to be nerfed little bit. I'm rank 80 melee rogue with full freelancer's set and it's quite hard to kill cleric on 1vs1. You need to be good at using interrupt skill and when you do, not easy but it will be easier to kill.
    Last edited by Need Rift; 01-19-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Need Rift View Post
    It's True. Healing in WarFront needs to be nerfed little bit. I'm rank 80 melee rogue with full freelancer's set and it's quite hard to kill cleric on 1vs1. You need to be good at using interrupt skill and when you do, not easy but it will be easier to kill.
    So wait, let me get this straight, you are crying because you, a dps, can't kill a healer, 1 on 1? Is that right?

So 1 dps, should be able to kill a healer, 1 on 1.

A healer is supposed to heal everyone in the raid, but he should drop instantly when 1 dps looks at him? Some of you PvPers are so clueless, its quite funny.
    SwiftFury - 4/4, 4/5 -Retired

http://coriolisguild.enjin.com/

Oceanic Guild is currently Recruiting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast