+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rhetoric

Thread: PTS 2.2 notes

Rift Chaser

Default PTS 2.2 notes

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...1-17-13-a.html
    I am sure everyone will panic at the rogue buffs. Most of them will not affect burst but enhance damage buildup and sustainability instead. Still, they are not currently needed in PVP and I doubt they will be needed in 2.2 PVP.
    Pryo may be scary again and Shaman is getting some love too-watch these.
    There are so many changes to warriors I can't begin to speculate...

I like the part where they increase everyone's damage.

As if TTK wasn't low enough.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    I like the part where they increase everyone's damage.

As if TTK wasn't low enough.
    TTK isn't low enough with competent teams, without competent teams, people die fast of both side. Solution: people need to get more competent.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    TTK isn't low enough with competent teams, without competent teams, people die fast of both side. Solution: people need to get more competent.
    TTK dragons isn't low enough; changes are for pve, like usual

Telaran

SHAMAN
    * Cold Blooded: Now increases all damage by 3-6%.
    * Glacial Strike: Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds.
    * Lightning Hammer, Frozen Wrath: Now have a 30 meter range.
    Yay! Shaman buffs!

You guys really don't understand logical processes. If they wish to globally adjust damage in their game, why would they change it for PvP first? PvP values are sort of adjusted based from the global setting. It would make no sense to constantly keep pve and pvp stats 100% separated and on different trains. Then you just make a more complicated illogical process. It makes more sense to adjust them on the default global amount and then tune it in pvp settings if need be. It would be like doing a math equation backwards if they didn't do it this way.

And it also wouldn't make sense to adjust the two at the same exact time. The PvE one is slightly more predictable and easier to standardize for adjustment. Before you touch pvp I would imagine you would need it to be live and/or tested until there is strong evidence/consensus it should have its value adjusted for pvp. This is exactly what happen when lots of people cried out doomsday when the patch hit that 'increased rogue damage'. The funny part is, the same thing I am saying now was thrown in those peoples face. The next patch was a slew of PvP value adjustments and it actually backtracked nearly 100% of the prior global rogue adjustments. Logical process is still the phrase y'all are looking for.

As a rogue myself, I looked at them. Sin won't matter, BD won't matter. MM will be slightly better, but it hits soft anyway imotbhbbq. NB hits pretty soft too. Hardcore rogue burst comes way more from other souls not even touched in the update. I can't evaluate all the others fully at face value. Most didn't look that bad though even if they weren't readjusted for pvp settings.

Here's to another freak out thread for illogical reasons. I almost feel like it would be easier to just mindlessly freak out instead of realizing all these things and enduring watching people mindlessly freak out.

All mixed in with a dash of "Hi, I'm a pvper and oblivious to how vast this game is and the different playstyles it offers. Cater to ME ME ME!!!"
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-18-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You guys really don't understand logical processes. If they wish to globally adjust damage in their game, why would they change it for PvP first? PvP values are sort of adjusted based from the global setting. It would make no sense to constantly keep pve and pvp stats 100% separated and on different trains. Then you just make a more complicated illogical process. It makes more sense to adjust them on the default global amount and then tune it in pvp settings if need be. It would be like doing a math equation backwards if they didn't do it this way.

And it also wouldn't make sense to adjust the two at the same exact time. The PvE one is slightly more predictable and easier to standardize for adjustment. Before you touch pvp I would imagine you would need it to be live and/or tested until there is strong evidence/consensus it should have its value adjusted for pvp. This is exactly what happen when lots of people cried out doomsday when the patch hit that 'increased rogue damage'. The funny part is, the same thing I am saying now was thrown in those peoples face. The next patch was a slew of PvP value adjustments and it actually backtracked nearly 100% of the prior global rogue adjustments. Logical process is still the phrase y'all are looking for.

As a rogue myself, I looked at them. Sin won't matter, BD won't matter. MM will be slightly better, but it hits soft anyway imotbhbbq. NB hits pretty soft too. Hardcore rogue burst comes way more from other souls not even touched in the update. I can't evaluate all the others fully at face value. Most didn't look that bad though even if they weren't readjusted for pvp settings.

Here's to another freak out thread for illogical reasons. I almost feel like it would be easier to just mindlessly freak out instead of realizing all these things and enduring watching people mindlessly freak out.

All mixed in with a dash of "Hi, I'm a pvper and oblivious to how vast this game is and the different playstyles it offers. Cater to ME ME ME!!!"
    lets hope for pve balance first after a lot of mistakes since 1.11 then hopefully they will work on PVP balance and more importantly new and/or competitve content. the way i figure it this game will always be pve first and once thats in a good place they will work on pvp. 2.2 is probably going to cause some issues but hopefully not in pve and once pve is settled im confident the devs will adjust pvp..y i couldnt tell you i guess i just dont want pvp to die in this game because i love the pve and like being able to pvp too.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    "Cater to ME ME ME!!!"
    http://www.lansingcatering.com/

you must pay like everyone else, though

Quote Originally Posted by Axdin View Post
    Yay! Shaman buffs!
    Vexxx has also confirmed that the Shaman 61 Root now only reduces Single Target damage by 5%, down from 15%. AOE reduction remains at 15%.

Of course, that still leaves it a glass cannon at best.
    Last edited by Gamma Ray; 01-18-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Well, I wonder how many more people will leave the game after this get released?

The pvp pool has shrunk quite a bit already...
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Rift Chaser

Awesome ZERO fixes to pvp. Glad I left the game.

Trion why don't you just save yourself the headache and remove WFs and CQ and go straight pve. Imagine the stress you would relieve. Not like you would lose very many subs, they have all already left.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Rhetoricx (someone stole my name on Seastone)
    <Unreal>
    I wish Rift had PVP in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric View Post

Trion why don't you just save yourself the headache and remove WFs and CQ and go straight pve. Imagine the stress you would relieve. Not like you would lose very many subs, they have all already left.
    PVE needs to be balanced first then they will get to pvp. SL brought a ton of bugs and they have seriously affected pve along with pvp. their priority is pve therefore they need to fix pve stuff first then work on pvp. I have faith that once pve is settled they will focus on pvp, dont forget this xpac is still pretty fresh and there's a ton of stuff that needs to be fixed right now. I could be wrong and pvp could continue to plummet but im still keeping the faith. if you only pvp in this game then i totally understand looking elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric View Post

Don't worry they fixed healing.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4121989

+ Reply to Thread