+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Antigonos

Thread: CQ queue fixed what now? some ideas

Plane Touched

Default CQ queue fixed what now? some ideas

OK CQ queue is fixed and noe all faction have almost equal players! the old NF zerg, Oath cap, dom loose is gone! (in my opionion cq is more challenging now).

BUT!!!!! all cq matches almost take 3 hours to finish! and ok if you win say its ok the 3 hours, if loose is a waste of time!

some fixes to make cq playable!

1. reduce cap to 61% its almost not possible to reach 65% now that 3 faction has many ppl
    2. reduce kills from 2500 to 1500, alla cq matches end with 0 kills and take up to 3 hours to do this
    3. put a timer, 1 hour max! if one hour pass and not faction has 61% or 1500 kills 5 min begin
    4. make next cq match to start at 45 mins not 60 mins

i think these fixes will make cq a lot better what do you think? thanks

I don't mind CQ ending faster but I'd like for the timer to stay as it is. It feels just about right to me, it gives me just enough time to make proress on my character if I want to do other activities.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Valsamis1985 View Post
    OK CQ queue is fixed and noe all faction have almost equal players! the old NF zerg, Oath cap, dom loose is gone! (in my opionion cq is more challenging now).

BUT!!!!! all cq matches almost take 3 hours to finish! and ok if you win say its ok the 3 hours, if loose is a waste of time!
    why is playing the game a waste of time? isnt it what you pay for? playing the game?

though i agree 61% would be a reasonable winning condition. having to get 2/3 of extractors in a 3 faction game, is just silly.
    Last edited by Antigonos; 01-18-2013 at 02:23 AM.

Because of the weekly Carnage quests I would put kills up 2500 to 5000 where they were originally.

New CQ areas that were talked about but have never materialised.

1. reduce cap to 61% its almost not possible to reach 65% now that 3 faction has many ppl
    2. reduce kills from 2500 to 1500, alla cq matches end with 0 kills and take up to 3 hours to do this
    3. put a timer, 1 hour max! if one hour pass and not faction has 61% or 1500 kills 5 min begin

3. Yes please add a time limit, those 2-3hour games are too long.
    4. I wouldnt reduce the timer between CQ if at all i would raise it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by marodeur View Post
    3. Yes please add a time limit, those 2-3hour games are too long.
    4. I wouldnt reduce the timer between CQ if at all i would raise it.
    why a timer? its up to the players to fight more and get the killcount down faster? Why eliminate a mean to encourage players to fight?

next :

- try to limit the importance (and hte number) of extractor in the metagame, add a king of the hill dynamic to encourage pvp and a persistant front line somewhere on the map. add a few isolated objectives to reward roaming and smaller encounters while the main mob holds the front line.
    - make CQ a 24/7 scenario with basic rewards (prestige,valor,CQ marks) awarded smartly over time proportionnaly to the objectives controlled on the map.

make CQ meaningfull by giving the faction that currently wins a substancial pvp advantage (fist faction gets the bigger boost , then second faction...etc)

at some point basic rewards should become irrelevant , CQ should be a fun so that people want to play it even when they are maxed out. (just like WFs)

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    next :make CQ meaningfull by giving the faction that currently wins a substancial pvp advantage (fist faction gets the bigger boost , then second faction...etc)
    I agree on your other points. However, giving an advantage to the winning team is dangerous as it makes it more difficult for the losing team to come back.
    Biz - L60/P81 Warrior

fair point since it would be a 24/7 game. i have no quick fix for this but i'm confident someone will come up with a solution that doesnt involve a reset !

I like it the way it is - the kill count seems fine (most games are 1-1.5hrs from what I've seen, and I play pretty frequently) and hitting 66% is doable when two teams are enamored with each other and let the 3rd faction run wild on extractors.

I would however like to see the useless mini-bosses become units you can commandeer and take into battle. Have them spawn as neutral and in each team's base, allow the one lucky player to manage the unit and retain the powerful knockback on a 30s CD and basic melee attack. It does massive damage to extractors as some of the more clever kiters have learned, and I think it would be pretty epic to have a swarm of 100 players rallying around each giant on the battlefield.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Shadowlander

I like the idea of reducing the kill count slightly. Conquest seems to get really interesting at the sub ~750 kills remaining mark. Before then, you just have big zergs circling the map, but as kill count draws nearer you start to see teams split up to take on multiple objectives and the game gets more strategic and interesting.
    Lasseen@Seastone

Telaran

some fixes to make cq playable!

As long as we have to be content with CQ:

1. Agree - 65% in a 3 way faction scenario, is just to high.

2. Agree - 1500 or even 1000 would make it way more dynamic. Am I the only one seeing the games getting way more focused and exciting when the kill counter hits 500/750?

3. Agree - After the latest "fix" to queues, CQ's are just becomming way to long. The majority of the games takes 2-3 hours. That's just way to long.

4. Agree - No reason to have such a long time in between. I know many feel pressured to join all the CQ's they can to get Marks ect. This would lighten up that load and give players a little more freedom.

+ Reply to Thread