+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Redcruxs

Thread: my first QQ since launch(no, not since lunch)

Default my first QQ since launch(no, not since lunch)

I love, love, love Rift. Love it. Also, I love this game.

But what is with Guardians and Warfronts? Both of the toons I use most are Guardian. I have a cleric and a mage. I personally feel that I do pretty well in my selected roles, i.e. keeping my comrades alive when healing and paying special attention to protecting those carrying flags/shards/gifts/what have you. Making sure that I focus my fire on those trying to capture points in codex. remembering that the codex point in that warfront is the most important and acting accordingly. doing my best to hold the middle ground in whitefall. you get the point.

WHY DOES IT SEEM THAT I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO REALIZES THIS MOST OF THE TIME?

Do people(guardians) not understand that winning warfronts nets them greater rewards, including gear? please, someone help me understand why guardians lose so, so often. Mercing isn't helping enough.

I raised my toons guardian simply because I like the 'guardian areas' of the game, and I like Sanctum better than Meridian as a home city. I also like Mathosian character models.

Are there strategy guides floating somewhere in cyberspace that I can direct people to once they start yelling at me in warfronts for trying to get people to rally together and actually use tactics that work like the defiants do?

I'm dead serious, I'm not trolling, just to clear that up.

Someone please, please help me understand why warfronts are so lopsided.

gaurdians and defiants are the same players, its your perception of the teams that is lopsided (see: murphy's laws)

Once a person has exhausted their weekly and random quests, there is much less incentive to play/win.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

you're not the only one. on whatever char i play, in whatever bracket (except the lvl 60 bracket) everyone seems to be completely ******ed, not knowing what to do. this results 90% of the time in a loss on my side, while the oposite team seems to be doing just fine....
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

How're you all complaining? I thought you loved the idea of new people flooding your end game content and the idea of teaching them to play after all these years.

At least you all went crazy for the event dev's post of reasoning for the fae yule Whitefall and influx of ignorant folk.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-17-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Rift Chaser

You're not the only one who sees it that way. My first set of characters were Guardians for the exact same reasons. I still like Sanctum better, etc. When I grew bored of pve which happened after a few months of playing, I pretty much lived in wafronts. I couldn't take the QQing of teammates losing much more often than winning, especially my favorite warfront which is Port Scion. No, it wasn't the losing that bothered me as much as whining boys playing the blame game which is particularly annoying for a woman because I never witnessed so much male QQing till playing video games with my boyfriend lol. After a few months I decided to level up a set of Defiant characters since pvp is all I do. Yes, Defiants whine, call names and blame eachother in some warfronts as well when losing but not losing as often meant not seeing QQing as often. After my Defiant characters reached lvl 50 I still saw more wins for Defiants in most warfronts particularly week nights so I was happy with my choice to level characters over again. I must mention, this was about 1 1/2 yr ago and before mercing. Currently I see Defiants win a little more often though quite close to 50% of the time. Even to this day I rarely see Guardians win in Port Scion and when it happens I'm still shocked lol. Come to think of it, when random queue gives me Port Scion that alone shocks me a bit because that warfront rarely pops for me and before random queue bonus (prior to SL) I had queue times 45-70 min for Port Scion. Lately Guardians win more often than Defiants in Codex but that may be more to do with the time of day I play as in all of my warfront experience. I'm not suggesting you throw in the towel on your Guardians for pvp and level up Defiant characters, I'm merely telling you my experience from having the same frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Player View Post
    You're not the only one who sees it that way. My first set of characters were Guardians for the exact same reasons. I still like Sanctum better, etc. When I grew bored of pve which happened after a few months of playing, I pretty much lived in wafronts. I couldn't take the QQing of teammates losing much more often than winning, especially my favorite warfront which is Port Scion. No, it wasn't the losing that bothered me as much as whining boys playing the blame game which is particularly annoying for a woman because I never witnessed so much male QQing till playing video games with my boyfriend lol. After a few months I decided to level up a set of Defiant characters since pvp is all I do. Yes, Defiants whine, call names and blame eachother in some warfronts as well when losing but not losing as often meant not seeing QQing as often. After my Defiant characters reached lvl 50 I still saw more wins for Defiants in most warfronts particularly week nights so I was happy with my choice to level characters over again. I must mention, this was about 1 1/2 yr ago and before mercing. Currently I see Defiants win a little more often though quite close to 50% of the time. Even to this day I rarely see Guardians win in Port Scion and when it happens I'm still shocked lol. Come to think of it, when random queue gives me Port Scion that alone shocks me a bit because that warfront rarely pops for me and before random queue bonus (prior to SL) I had queue times 45-70 min for Port Scion. Lately Guardians win more often than Defiants in Codex but that may be more to do with the time of day I play as in all of my warfront experience. I'm not suggesting you throw in the towel on your Guardians for pvp and level up Defiant characters, I'm merely telling you my experience from having the same frustration.
    http://imgur.com/P47Tx

Paragraphs bro

I have been joining random merced warfronts for some time now. Sometimes I am on the other side more often than my own side. It feels much more randomized at times. Only time it feels really onesided is if you see those players on one side that are always together then it is pretty much is a premade face rolling a pug...
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-17-2013 at 09:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread