+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Put CTF back in the game please....

Ascendant

Default Put CTF back in the game please....

i mean jeeez wtf is going on, every game mode besides codex is the same. Make whitefall capture the flag again. Change port scions mechanics to something like that of Codex's. Black Garden is fine, Karthan Ridge is bleh, Library is...well it sucks quite frank. And take away all that fae yule crap already jesus.

King of RIFT

Fae Yule is definately dragging too long it's like having a neighbor still with their Christmas lights up. After the new year it's just tacky.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Ascendant

Old whitefall was by far the worst warfront in the game. Not even a contest.

Suggesting they make pos like codex makes no sense
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

I like Library...
    Even free cost too much now

CTF in MMO's just doesn't live up to what somes memories are of old school FPS CTF. Maybe some are literally oblivious to what Quake/Unreal style CTF was. But I can tell you, knowing those and seeing it the way it played out in Rift...it sucks.

I love CTF, I really do. But it just isn't what it needs to be in Rift or really MMO's in general. Wasn't any different in Eq2 tbh. I don't think the playstyle translates great to MMO's terms for the most part.

And in the end, nothing at all compares to IRL ctf. If you haven't done that you had a junky childhood. DARN OP RUNNERS!!!!
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-17-2013 at 12:51 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

ctf, team deathmatch and king of the hill would be nice.... and Moar maps all together ... we should have 15 WF to choose from.

Rift Chaser

Original Whitefall was one of my favorite maps. That and Codex. Every other map is the same nonsense zerg to the middle. So damn boring.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Rhetoricx (someone stole my name on Seastone)
    <Unreal>
    I wish Rift had PVP in it...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    i mean jeeez wtf is going on, every game mode besides codex is the same. Make whitefall capture the flag again. Change port scions mechanics to something like that of Codex's. Black Garden is fine, Karthan Ridge is bleh, Library is...well it sucks quite frank. And take away all that fae yule crap already jesus.
    karthan is the best wf they made yet. just because you like one single gametyp style, doesnt mean it should be the only one in rift.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    ctf, team deathmatch and king of the hill would be nice.... and Moar maps all together ... we should have 15 WF to choose from.
    wf dont pop with groups now already, you do realise how many player you need to get that many wf to pop at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    CTF in MMO's just doesn't live up to what somes memories are of old school FPS CTF.
    And in the end, nothing at all compares to IRL ctf. If you haven't done that you had a junky childhood.
    Can't really comment on the old school FPS CTFs, as I don't recall having played one.

However, what I remember about childhood CTF was that they were generally in smaller and more confined areas in the neighborhood or field ("smaller" compared to the relative size of Whitefall), and they had natural obstacles to use as cover (lots of houses, or lots of trees, or nighttime). OH, and they didn't have a pointer on the map showing you exactly where the FC was lol.

I prefer new Whitefall over the old, but perhaps CTF would be better if one or all of the above-mentioned were implemented: smaller area, more cover, and no pointers to where FC is.

2c.
    Mal shot first.

Plane Touched

CTF is a stupid concept anyway. I always spawn sniped in CTF-Face and got most kills. Fun times.

Shadowlander

CTF can work IF there are mechanics to actively discourage turtling. Otherwise, you end up with pug on pug turtle fests, where neither side can coordinate getting critical mass in the other team's base to break the stalemate.
    Last edited by Nether83; 01-17-2013 at 01:19 PM.
    Lasseen@Seastone

I'm still waiting for my Huttball ripoff. It was the *only* thing SWTOR did right.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

I fully support this thread. **** all you CTF haters.
    Cheers.
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterjijny View Post
    this is work of terrible Trion

I love every WF except port scion...actually im not even going to consider port scion a wf.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast