+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: CQ queing

Default CQ queing

CONQUEST
    * Conquest queuing has officially changed - although some of these effects were appearing early on Live! While you can still select a team via the Join buttons, this is now treated as a preference and not an absolute. If your requested team is currently full, while another team has room, you will now join that team rather than remaining queued. If the entire match is full, you will remain queued until a space opens.

Why not just make it random to start and be done with it........

Go big or go home. wtf Trion.

Make it random to start and be done with it.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Telaran

Default team size?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    Go big or go home. wtf Trion.
    so, with this new system, did you fix the team size problem?

Telaran

I see this as a compromise between those who do not want random queues and those who do. As such, I see nothing wrong with it. And again, as has been stated many times when patch notes are out but the game has not come back up - try to hold back judgement until you actually use the new implementation.

Shadowlander

Also has the afk in the spawn issue been fixed? The mindset of most doms and some oaths are to actually type "afk" and sit in the spawn. --- Also can people still join after the 5 minute warning has started?

Quote Originally Posted by Devamata View Post
    Also has the afk in the spawn issue been fixed? The mindset of most doms and some oaths are to actually type "afk" and sit in the spawn. --- Also can people still join after the 5 minute warning has started?
    These two points alone are what's still dragging down Conquest, ventured into a few today as the weekly Guild quest is for Conquest, which bugged so was abandoned, but i digress

All i saw were 18 out of the raid group i was in all stacked together at the port in point, too lazy to even move a few feet, just join and go AFK

Make it that if you stay in the base you will receive no credit, no marks, no favour, get absolutely nothing...you do nothing, you get nothing, simple

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    These two points alone are what's still dragging down Conquest, ventured into a few today as the weekly Guild quest is for Conquest, which bugged so was abandoned, but i digress

All i saw were 18 out of the raid group i was in all stacked together at the port in point, too lazy to even move a few feet, just join and go AFK

Make it that if you stay in the base you will receive no credit, no marks, no favour, get absolutely nothing...you do nothing, you get nothing, simple
    These are things I would rather see. Between this and removing timer queing I think CQ wouldnt be AS bad..Sure youll probably still have your *** hats, but atleast these ******s will have to move around in order to get credit...

Although I haven't tried it yet...I'd say this is a great way for them to do it

I like the idea that i can "Prefer"a team, but that it's essentially still random...so if i'm a player that likes NF for whatever reason, at least i can TRY and get into that team...other wise put me with oath or AFK and i'll see what happens

Currently Warfronts are random. So should Conquest. makes the matches a little more unique and stops people from just Qing in to get the ending bonus since they dont know what faction they will land in.

Well then again loosing you get stones also so maybe that wont change that at all.

You should also change all the warfronts from Defiant and Guardians to just team colors since its all mixed now anyway.

Champion of Telara

Im sure people put more work into avoiding joining in in conquest than it would take just to play the damn thing ><

Id like to see total random queues, no rewards in base after 30 seconds and no rewards if you havent hit a player or an extractor for more than 5 minutes no matter where you are.

Oh, and please either remove the group queue option for it or stop it affecting entire warfronts. I had a great 1v1 in a wf the other day... right until the pop up in the middle of my screen

Quote Originally Posted by Evristia View Post
    I see this as a compromise between those who do not want random queues and those who do. As such, I see nothing wrong with it. And again, as has been stated many times when patch notes are out but the game has not come back up - try to hold back judgement until you actually use the new implementation.
    It's not really a compromise because people want random queues to force equalization of the teams. Most people still won't go into CQ if the queue pops for Dominion. Or they'll afk in the base if it does.

Rift Chaser

This new system changes nothing, people will still try enter full nightfall zerg team and if you queue random you will just enter empty domi, as usual.

How would this idea work for the afkers/timer queuers:

Make a repeatable quest(s) inside CQ that you can repeat every time you participate in a new CQ. If you leave CQ early or you don't complete the quests before the match ends, you fail the quest, therefore not being able to carry over a partially completed quest to the next CQ. These quests can be miniature versions of the weekly quests, or something different, but intended to get players out into the field to participate. It can be 2 or 3 quests that reward 10 (for 3 quests) or 15 (2 quests) marks for turning them in (in addition to an appropriate amount of favor and what not). You then reduce the rewards from winning/splitting/loosing to 30/20/10.

This way, for those who don't get in until it's too late/can't complete the per-game CQ quests, you'd still get some marks, but not as many as you do now by queuing late/AFKing. You'd also encourage people to participate.

Soulwalker

Thx Trion, but please can you tell me where are you buying such good "material" ?
    Or are you just kidding us ?
    So now, when we have no chance on Icewatch to join as NF or Oath cause your stupid joining system is based on aplhabetical order and NF and Oath is full of players from Akala, Blightweald, Bloodiron and nearly all German servers, you change system in this way - no chance to join as NF or Oath and as bonus -. we are forced to Dominion. BRAVO !!!! This is really clever solution - or should I say lazy solution ?
    Are you completely gonna crazy ?
    This is bad also as a joke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast