+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Getting 50 PVP, For WFS A Waste Now?

Default Is Getting 50 PVP, For WFS A Waste Now?

I would like to get this 50 pvp set, but my guilds tell me its a waste and pve gear would replace it. i gotten few 50 pve gear non of em have vengeance.

I also like to pvp more then pve/
    Last edited by TheRiftNoobie; 01-15-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Well all your gear gets bolstered so the 50 pvp gear wouldn't help you anywhere outside of open world pvp.If you're going to play by only doing warfronts you should just wear lvl 1 gear with no stats, it's just as useful as the 50 pvp gear.

Plane Walker

If you have any of the level 50 raid gear+crystals use those. Even though the raid gear will get replaced when bolstered the crystal will still grant you the bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth1890 View Post
    If you have any of the level 50 raid gear+crystals use those. Even though the raid gear will get replaced when bolstered the crystal will still grant you the bonus.
    Was gonna mention this, but can he get the crystal? I thought they sold them in CQ or no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Was gonna mention this, but can he get the crystal? I thought they sold them in CQ or no?
    Use your pve gear when tagging a boss, just dont get flagged. Had my rebuke hit for 10k on one tick on a guy. Felt bad.

Wardrobe gear is never a waste

Plane Touched

about repacement of pve gear with pvp stats if not have mercenary is a total lie!!!!
    i hit for 4-5k ppl with pvp gear and for 7k ppl who dont have it! go farm pvp gear

Quote Originally Posted by Valsamis1985 View Post
    about repacement of pve gear with pvp stats if not have mercenary is a total lie!!!!
    i hit for 4-5k ppl with pvp gear and for 7k ppl who dont have it! go farm pvp gear
    Huh? so 50 pvp is gear. if I'm going to be pvping alot?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiftNoobie View Post
    Huh? so 50 pvp is gear. if I'm going to be pvping alot?
    Don't listen to that guy, he didn't understand you're not talking about level 60 and he is a fool if he thinks bolstering is a lie. Bolstering works as Trion said it would. Sub-60 you're going to have whatever gear you equip replaced with gear normalized for your bracket with the exception of a few things like crystals and trinkets. The crystal actually applies its bonus even if your set pieces get bolstered into something else.

Once you reach 60 you will be bolstered with basic merc armor any time you enter a WF. Continue wearing 4 pieces of crystal set gear if you have it until you can afford a 60 crystal, while filling the rest of your slots with merc gear so you can enchant them. If you don't have a crystal set then just go for merc gear. Favor comes fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    I mean the PvE raid crystals, like the HK crystal or Blighted crystal. That's only a solution if he has the gear or at least the marks/ISS to buy them already though... if he doesn't then he shouldn't bother trying to get them and just go up with whatever gear he finds.
    Last edited by Shoggoth1890; 01-16-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth1890 View Post
    Don't listen to that guy, he didn't understand you're not talking about level 60 and he is a fool if he thinks bolstering is a lie. Bolstering works as Trion said it would. Sub-60 you're going to have whatever gear you equip replaced with gear normalized for your bracket with the exception of a few things like crystals and trinkets. The crystal actually applies its bonus even if your set pieces get bolstered into something else.

Once you reach 60 you will be bolstered with basic merc armor any time you enter a WF. Continue wearing 4 pieces of crystal set gear if you have it until you can afford a 60 crystal, while filling the rest of your slots with merc gear so you can enchant them.

I mean the PvE raid crystals, like the HK crystal or Blighted crystal. That's only a solution if he has the gear or at least the marks/ISS to buy them already though... if he doesn't then he shouldn't bother trying to get them and just go up with whatever gear he finds.
    Well atm the bow and weapons are a big upgrade then what i got, and even the armor, but more so weapons, the chest i have now gives me 25 hit, the pvp 50 done's have hit.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiftNoobie View Post
    Well atm the bow and weapons are a big upgrade then what i got, and even the armor, but more so weapons, the chest i have now gives me 25 hit, the pvp 50 done's have hit.
    By all means grab them then. As I said favor comes fast so even if you do replace them with PvE gear soon it won't be a big loss. Even my sub-60 chars have already bought their complete merc set and have it sitting in storage along with a bunch WF powerstones/whetstones, simply because they kept hitting the favor cap and I had to spend it on something or I'd keep getting that red "you are at max favor" screen warning anytime one of our enemies died.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsamis1985 View Post
    pve gear gets bolstered in warfronts and conquest. not in wpvp, this meens that your pve gear without valor is absolutely worthless in wpvp.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Just get a few pieces. Anything that's an upgrade, get. It's hell cheap now favour wise.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

On my alt, I was disappointed to find that the top tier level 50 gear still gets replaced by the bolstering system. All I wanted was to be able to use runes! I guess it doesn't matter though since everyone's gear is normalized until 60.

what is bolstering? and I already bought the bow and one dagger so far, not sure if it's just me but it was a upgrade for me then what I had, but when I was using the new bow and dagger I seemed to do less damage at the end of the wf.

I can see what people are saying about it gets replaced, i was going to buy another dagger, but I got a mace from the box which is good as the dagger, expect for 24. more dps and 15 vengeance. It seems to me vengeance means nothing now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast