+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
Like Tree9Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Remove raid warnings from WF/CQ

  1. #1
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default Remove raid warnings from WF/CQ

    Because people aren't mature enough for even raid warnings...

    People are using raid warning to bypass ignore and deliver non-stop insults, profanities, sexual harassment, etc. Please disable raid warnings in WF/CQ because I don't want my game interrupted by other peoples inability to control their own impulses/compulsions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Because people aren't mature enough for even raid warnings...

    People are using raid warning to bypass ignore and deliver non-stop insults, profanities, sexual harassment, etc. Please disable raid warnings in WF/CQ because I don't want my game interrupted by other peoples inability to control their own impulses/compulsions.
    Better remove raid assists/target marking, too. I don't need random people marking bad targets and not coordinating assists/target selection.

    Let's just take anything that people believe could be useful for coordination out on the grounds that someone can abuse it.

    Also, bring back warfront ready checks.
    Last edited by Kyera; 01-15-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  3. #3
    Ascendant Appendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Because people aren't mature enough for even raid warnings...

    People are using raid warning to bypass ignore and deliver non-stop insults, profanities, sexual harassment, etc. Please disable raid warnings in WF/CQ because I don't want my game interrupted by other peoples inability to control their own impulses/compulsions.
    Hmm. Can't say I've seen this. Ever. So, why not just report the person abusing it?

  4. #4
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Xillean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    I havent seens this yet in 60 matches but I got on a alt in the 50 bracket and there was one person in paticular that spammed the hell out of the raid warning. However no it shouldnt be removed, ignore should apply to that as well though if you have ignored the person to begin with.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

  5. #5
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    I havent seens this yet in 60 matches but I got on a alt in the 50 bracket and there was one person in paticular that spammed the hell out of the raid warning. However no it shouldnt be removed, ignore should apply to that as well though if you have ignored the person to begin with.
    Funny, mine was in the 50s bracket too, 1300-1400 pacific time today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  6. #6
    General of Telara Ardor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    984

    Default

    /ignore should apply to Raid Warnings, not just in PvP, but everywhere. I run across this problem in open-world hunt rift PUGs just as often as in CQ and WFs these days.

  7. #7
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Xillean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    WTB account wide ignore that works everywhere.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

  8. #8
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Hmm. Can't say I've seen this. Ever. So, why not just report the person abusing it?
    Said person was reported, issue put in for GM, will check status when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  9. #9
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Xillean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Funny, mine was in the 50s bracket too, 1300-1400 pacific time today.
    O.o we could have endured the same ****** then. It was really super annoying thats for sure.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

  10. #10
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    WTB account wide ignore that works everywhere.
    I would LOVE this. I will admit, this would be a better idea than removal of raid warings, probably easier to implement as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker Seraiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Want to add:

    Want to buy account-wide ignore that adds that my heals are also ignoring the target like it was in Rift 1.0 already!11

    And please remove the n00bs from my teams aswell as the warriors from the enemy team.

    Thanks in advance Trion!

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Leave the warnings, they're more useful than not from what i have seen so far.

    However, please stop spamming me with Conquest queue's while im in them. If i want to do conquest i'll queue it myself tyvm.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    I'm a fan of the raid warning. I think it should be used MOAR!


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    /ignore should apply to Raid Warnings, not just in PvP, but everywhere.
    I've never ran across RW abuse and I live in warfronts but I do have an immense amount of name-callers and criers on ignore. Pretty much every one who crosses my path that is annoying or cruel to other players gets ignored so maybe /ignore is working for RW also?

  15. #15
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generic Player View Post
    I've never ran across RW abuse and I live in warfronts but I do have an immense amount of name-callers and criers on ignore. Pretty much every one who crosses my path that is annoying or cruel to other players gets ignored so maybe /ignore is working for RW also?
    nope. bypasses, I must say though it has not happened since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts