+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [BUG] Healing done by Salvation and Faerie aren't showing up in scoreboard

Shadowlander

Default [BUG] Healing done by Salvation and Faerie aren't showing up in scoreboard

Healing done by justicar's Salvation and by the druid's Faerie Healer aren't being added to the warfront scoreboard (aka Summary). Please fix this.

* I'd like to know how effective these roles are for healing.
    * Prevents people saying "no heals", which is annoying if you are healing.
    * Inflates my ego (or not).

Plane Walker

It would be nice if this was fixed I agree. The WF scoreboard is for ego mostly yes, but it's also nice for info gathering and even though I know they're not very effective it'd be nice to know just how little.

Quote Originally Posted by jmp1986 View Post
    Never pay attention to this, it is dumb. If somebody can only perceive a healers capability by the raw numbers in a column at the end of a game they are not worth your time anyway.

I would hate to not see damage taken, but since you mention you want to see how effective some specs are consider this. Seeing a pure sum of your heals at the end doesn't really tell how good your heal spec was. I can go bard and if I have a lot of people near me the whole game, probably "out heal" some clerics who kept the team alive better than me, in more substantial ways. Also, seeing the pure sum wouldn't really tell you much (in the long term of things) how well your 'missing' heals are doing right now.

What would work best is if you installed ACT and reviewed it after. It might undermine the capability to have an ego half the time, but seeing a breakdown of what healed for what and how each ability performed will tell you how good your spec was better than the sum at the end of a match.

Would be nice if they made all proper heals show indeed. But to be realistic, if you want the things you say you do, you will go for a tool much better than WF scoreboards.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Yeah it would be cool if this was shown..along with Puri absorbs and lives saved.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Never pay attention to this, it is dumb. If somebody can only perceive a healers capability by the raw numbers in a column at the end of a game they are not worth your time anyway.

I would hate to not see damage taken, but since you mention you want to see how effective some specs are consider this. Seeing a pure sum of your heals at the end doesn't really tell how good your heal spec was. I can go bard and if I have a lot of people near me the whole game, probably "out heal" some clerics who kept the team alive better than me, in more substantial ways. Also, seeing the pure sum wouldn't really tell you much (in the long term of things) how well your 'missing' heals are doing right now.

What would work best is if you installed ACT and reviewed it after. It might undermine the capability to have an ego half the time, but seeing a breakdown of what healed for what and how each ability performed will tell you how good your spec was better than the sum at the end of a match.

Would be nice if they made all proper heals show indeed. But to be realistic, if you want the things you say you do, you will go for a tool much better than WF scoreboards.
    Most of the time the "no heelz!" criers don't even look at the scoreboard and just say it because they died after wandering off on their own to a random place in the WF. Or even worse you were healing them and doing so fantastically, but they ended up dying because the other team focused them. And of course if they were getting healed it would be impossible for them to die.

Unfortunately my computer has apparently decided that ACT is a bad influence on me and doesn't want to load it anymore.

Healing done by justicar's Salvation and by the druid's Faerie Healer aren't being added to the warfront scoreboard (aka Summary). Please fix this.

* I'd like to know how effective these roles are for healing.
    * Inflates my ego (or not).
    *the most effective role is the one you know to play
    *people usually blame someone else if they loose, "no heals" is just a tiny part from a blame war
    *what should inflate your ego is a win, and that doesn't show up on the boards

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth1890 View Post

Unfortunately my computer has apparently decided that ACT is a bad influence on me and doesn't want to load it anymore.
    That seems silly, it is such a lightweight install. I am pretty sure you must be missing a needed file. I'd make it work. >.<

There are other meters around on the interwebz though, perhaps they won't give you as much issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    *what should inflate your ego is a win, and that doesn't show up on the boards
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-15-2013 at 01:02 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

That seems silly, it is such a lightweight install. I am pretty sure you must be missing a needed file. I'd make it work. >.<

There are other meters around on the interwebz though, perhaps they won't give you as much issue.

wining and taking part of it is more satisfying?
    I know that all here are trained with "everyone is a winner", what's the use of participating if not trying?
    conquest fails in this aspect, and many more
    Last edited by Dee Dee; 01-15-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Plane Walker

Yeah, but I'm too lazy to figure out what's going on with it and my curiosity about the healing isn't high enough to encourage me to get on my butt to do so. Probably will get it fixed before I start raiding again (if I do... not been playing as much recently and don't want to be one of those people that tries to raid but then disappears).

I use super meter and it at least shows salvation, but no pet healing. Haven't updated that in awhile though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    wining and taking part of it is more satisfying?
    I know that all here are trained with "everyone is a winner", what's the use of participating if not trying?
    conquest fails in this aspect, and many more
    I think you missed my point. Because I am not sure what point this has to do with in my head~

and @ shog - I'd just try to hop on voice chat with someone who knows ACT well. I know I had lots of trouble with it when I first got it until someone explained a couple of things to me. That was 5 years ago, but maybe things haven't changed. Best idea I got.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-15-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

Super Meter addon allows to see Slavation and pet heal/damage. Very nice and easy to install.
    Salace R80 Elzareth R59 Melgria R70+ Gremia L48 EU

Shadowlander

I hope the devs have taken note of this bug...

Shadowlander

Oh yeah, and it would be nice if absorption granted also went to "healing dealt" in the scoreboard. At least absorption granted to other players.

Oh yeah, and it would be nice if absorption granted also went to "healing dealt" in the scoreboard. At least absorption granted to other players.
    Absorption is only potential healing until it is consumed. The updated supermeter includes absorbed damage in HPS, but not absorption itself, because the shield may go 30 seconds and time out or get overwritten without actually having any damage to prevent.

As far as "Lives saved" this would be rather impossible to quantify because someone might save your char's life by stunning an enemy player, or healing you 1 hp just before a oneshot, etc.

+ Reply to Thread