+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChelequaRom

Thread: Some questions on changes, returning after a long hiatus

Plane Touched

Default Some questions on changes, returning after a long hiatus

I left just before PvP rank went from 6 to 8. Is 8 still the top?

Next, do I need Storm Legion to PvP?

What server is most active for PvP? Does it have active wPvP?

Is PvP gear still good/roughly equal to PvE?

----------------------------------------------------------
    I always liked Rift's PvP and the char/roles setup (abilities, and what not). Enjoyed the matches but just got tired of them since there wasn't a lot of wPvP, so left. Anyways, seems you get 3 days so will pop in but I am not too keen in chasing PvE gear, so hopefully PvP gear is still viable. Still find it unfortunate that the devs never added a wPvP end-game, like a land to fight in. Unless Storm Legion added this, I assume this is still the case?

Thanks

you do not have much to do, just grind your way up, and then see if you want to waste your time in conquest and grind the rest of the gear, if conquest is not what you have planned for pvp, you are pretty much left aside

Rift Chaser

No. They changed 8 to 40. Current cap is 70 I think, but you have to be character level 60 to pass 50.

Not entirely. You can play up to PC level 50 and up to rank 50. I think SL is required to level farther.

Seastone is the only US PVP server left. You have to chase zone events to find anything beyond random ganking as far as I can tell.

The level 50/rank50 gear is great at that level. Then there are no open world PVP upgrades til level 60 and they are weak except for vengeance, valor, armor and endurance. PvP gear is not required to function in WF between 50-60. Most gear slots are replaced with virtual Mercenary gear. Additionally, your stats a bumped up close to level 60. Well its all virtual but anyhow you will not get oneshot just because you have no gear. You will get 2-shot regularly if you do not have some defensive ability, great alertness or great healers

I always liked Rift's PvP and the char/roles setup (abilities, and what not). Enjoyed the matches but just got tired of them since there wasn't a lot of wPvP, so left. Anyways, seems you get 3 days so will pop in but I am not too keen in chasing PvE gear, so hopefully PvP gear is still viable. Still find it unfortunate that the devs never added a wPvP end-game, like a land to fight in. Unless Storm Legion added this, I assume this is still the case?
    I am afraid so. Conquest is the current closest thing. It is a mass 3 faction instance with a lot of pve elements.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ChelequaRom View Post
    No. They changed 8 to 40. Current cap is 70 I think, but you have to be character level 60 to pass 50.

Not entirely. You can play up to PC level 50 and up to rank 50. I think SL is required to level farther.

Seastone is the only US PVP server left. You have to chase zone events to find anything beyond random ganking as far as I can tell.

The level 50/rank50 gear is great at that level. Then there are no open world PVP upgrades til level 60 and they are weak except for vengeance, valor, armor and endurance. PvP gear is not required to function in WF between 50-60. Most gear slots are replaced with virtual Mercenary gear. Additionally, your stats a bumped up close to level 60. Well its all virtual but anyhow you will not get oneshot just because you have no gear. You will get 2-shot regularly if you do not have some defensive ability, great alertness or great healers

I am afraid so. Conquest is the current closest thing. It is a mass 3 faction instance with a lot of pve elements.
    Thanks. I know what to expect now and I guess will play and if still enjoying the game, will get SL and try out its conquest battle.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokTheFanatic View Post

Thanks
    Prepare to get ***** and begin your long grind to get to the top.
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 01-15-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

you'll get bored when conquest comes in the way

Since you did decide to get SL.

Rank 80 is pvp cap.

Seastone is the only pvp server for US I think. Based on its economy I don't think it is the most happening place.

PvP gear is what you want for PvP, but PvE gear will smoke PvP gear in PvE performance areas.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    you'll get bored when conquest comes in the way
    Is Dee Dee code for Debbie Downer?

CQ can be fun if players actually participate, rather than afk. The last week has been pretty awesome tbh.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Is Dee Dee code for Debbie Downer?

CQ can be fun if players actually participate, rather than afk. The last week has been pretty awesome tbh.
    I'm gonna debbie down 3 more days

+ Reply to Thread