+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: If im gonna go healing...

Default If im gonna go healing...

Yes i prefer healing in WF!
    But...is it as bad as ive heard / read? Im curious if its as bad as Wow is? I dont mind being a orime target, but when a game is designed around Dps It kinda ruins the healing. Not being able to defend myself or stand up against atleast 1 person.
    I have a cleric almost lvl 60. SO if I wanna heal, am I better of working on my mage or my rogue and go healing / support that way instead?
    Cause I kinda get the feeling that if the opposite team sees a healing cleric it will give the same effect when someone shows up as a Moonkin = autoaggro.

So..are healers in a bad state atm, or do we actually stand a chanse ?

It's going to come down to positioning, reaction time, play ability, and the comp/mindset of your team.

I keep healers alive as much as possible, either by peeling/CCing pursuers or pressuring them enough to kill them or force them to disengage. That other guy playing MM? He's probably sitting still spamming Chain Destruction hoping to kill people, so don't expect help from him.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    Yes i prefer healing in WF!
    But...is it as bad as ive heard / read? Im curious if its as bad as Wow is? I dont mind being a orime target, but when a game is designed around Dps It kinda ruins the healing. Not being able to defend myself or stand up against atleast 1 person.
    I have a cleric almost lvl 60. SO if I wanna heal, am I better of working on my mage or my rogue and go healing / support that way instead?
    Cause I kinda get the feeling that if the opposite team sees a healing cleric it will give the same effect when someone shows up as a Moonkin = autoaggro.

So..are healers in a bad state atm, or do we actually stand a chanse ?
    Healers generally get burned down quickly by all the CC and the "underpowered" rogues and warriors (or as they claim, they're underpowered).

PVP is a joke currently.

kyera <3 pretty much sums everything about a healer cleric, I only add up try leveling a cleric not a healer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z5jOAliMqU

Healers still decide the outcome of level 60 warfronts and most CQ zergs, particularly now that the teams are more evenly balanced.

Queue for Port Scion to get broken in - you can hide in the back of the zerg on the bridge or pushing the bridge to learn your strengths and limitations.

Keep in mind rogues can now splash heal really well, so not seeing a + next to 5 or more players isn't necessarily a bad thing. (chloro support hybrids as well)
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

General of Telara

It's going to come down to positioning, reaction time, play ability, and the comp/mindset of your team like Kyera said.

Pre 60 youll have a great time as a healer, you are hard to kill and people seem confused and never really focus you really much (depend against who you are playing).

At 60 i find it quite harder for a non geared healer. Rogue really turn you inside out in a second and still alot of people wander aimlessly trying to do 1v1 for their epeen while you are getting mutilated in the back.

My advice, heal for your own fun , when you stop having fun ,switch spec. If they want you to heal again, tell them to help you out.

I love supporting my team, really but at the same time i hate being the one with the most deaths because i get focused and nobody help me. If i get killed but i saw teammates help me, trying to defend me then im fine with it but dying alone in my corner while some less focused teammate try to aoe 5 people with a healer in the back make me boil with rage ... nerdrage, then i proceed to cry some nice salty tears.

So yeah, if things turn sour, just switch spec and start enjoying. Because in the end, you are the one paying to play and you only should decide if it is fun or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    Healers generally get burned down quickly by all the CC and the "underpowered" rogues and warriors (or as they claim, they're underpowered).

PVP is a joke currently.
    Looks like someone got touched in the naughty place by a tempest. Maybe if you were good at pvp you wouldn't think that way. I routinely tank 1-2 dps and still keep people alive around me, so long as I'm at least getting peels.
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    so long as I'm at least getting peels.
    Maybe you're just bad at PvP.
    After all you are assuming that about someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    Looks like someone got touched in the naughty place by a tempest. Maybe if you were good at pvp you wouldn't think that way. I routinely tank 1-2 dps and still keep people alive around me, so long as I'm at least getting peels.
    lol. shhh.

Let me know how that goes when you're not getting peeled.

PVP is a joke currently.
    You think healers in this game are underpowered? Man you should see a mage healer in Star wars. I never raged so much in my life, you have guys stun locking you to death (weak DR system imo), gear imbalances, huge crits 6-7k all the time (average player has 14-18k hp) and if you aren't kiting around 70% of the match your dead. It's so ****ing hard to play but i kinda like it. When i look at Rift compared to starwars, man you guys have it good stop complaining lmao.

Wow healers are 100x more powerful then any rift healer. Healing in wow is a pleasure. If you dont like it in wow DO NOT bother healing in Rift.

I continue to do so only because its all i know how to do and hate hitting tab target and pressing macro 1 for single target or macro 2 for aoe if i go dps. Since cc makes no sense to use and purge is a waste its too boring as dps.

Your other choice is tank or frnt line melee but havent seen that be useful or half playable since SL came out.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    You think healers in this game are underpowered? Man you should see a mage healer in Star wars. I never raged so much in my life, you have guys stun locking you to death (weak DR system imo), gear imbalances, huge crits 6-7k all the time (average player has 14-18k hp) and if you aren't kiting around 70% of the match your dead. It's so ****ing hard to play but i kinda like it. When i look at Rift compared to starwars, man you guys have it good stop complaining lmao.
    I couldn't care less about Star Wars?

I'm failing to see your point here, although I'm not sure you even have one.

Ascendant

If you become good at healing you can change the outcome of some matches-as long as you learn your CC and what to hit/can hit when you kite and what to hit as GCD's to save your life, then continue healing.

I would not go mage if you are having a hard time healing mainly because the good people on either calling can beat the ok people in healing in either calling (currently heals are about the same skill depending. I see clerics top charts then mages another match-all depends on the healer). As mage you will have to be within firing range, though, since you have to do damage to heal at a decent rate. Your Hardcast heals and instant heals are very subpar to damage and its your veils, specifically synthesis that can keep a single target alive the best.

I believe clerics have more GCD's that they can pop to boost heals to keep themselves alive longer via pure healing over that of mages. Rogue bard/tact healing can be the best aoe healing over even clerics/mages, but they have no single target healing that is worth much. It, again like the mage, is more of a mix of damage/support abilities (better then mage or cleric) and healing.

You could always switch to see what other builds you like in each class, but if you do Rogue is the best pvp calling out there and currently has the most builds that are complained about in pvp (because the whole calling has awesome synergy compared to any other calling builds).

If no one told you as well there is currently a healing bug which is making cleric/mage heals more powerful then normal, so if you think its bad currently, the ride may get bumpier when they "fix it". They are, however, looking at healing as a whole trying to get it in its proper place in pvp.

healers are fine in pvp.

if you don't have cleanse on your hotkey bar just delete your healer right now and play mm like everyone else

I couldn't care less about Star Wars?

I'm failing to see your point here, although I'm not sure you even have one.
    The point here, is that people complain when it could be 100% worse. Suck it up and deal with it. It's not like Trion is bending head over heels to help PvP get better in this game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast