+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Time To go back to war!

Ascendant

Default Time To go back to war!

Ok pvpers...we all had our fun on pve servers with our different faction friends. Now it's time to go back and rekindle our love for hatred amongst each. I for one miss open world pvp and we need to bring this back. You can troll me if you want, but this game is dying and someone has to do something about it damn it!

King of RIFT

Yeah I do miss World PvP but still not motivated to go back to Seastone. Population is not high, and the AH are usually inflated due to less inventory.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

i agree. so many pvpers on icewatch. come back to bloodiron you little buggers!!
    more people = more fun = better AH = better wpvp = whatever it's just better!
    Last edited by parangea; 01-14-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Unfortunately there's just not enough incentive to even wPvP.

Ascendant

Been said before, but changing world to Guild vs Guild would be such a large step forward.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

The last time I enjoyed world PvP was when MMAC was on Deepstrike.

Considering how miserable an experience that was, I'm not exactly eager to go back to a PvP server.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Rift Chaser

The incentive to pvp is to pvp. Why do you need a carrot on a stick? Why do people play Call of Duty so much? They play it to kill other people. Why is it not the same here? Stop being such babies about everything and go out into the world and play the game.

Pvp in MMOs took such a terrible hit when the idea that porting directly into instances was thought to be a good idea. It became garbage when instanced pvp maps become the norm. Who else remembers the early days of WoW with the battles in Tarren Mill/South Shore? Or the fighting in front of the entrances to instances?

Wpvp does not exist because everyone needs that carrot in front of them, and because all the crybabies brought about all this automatic porting into their instances, instead of having to run to them. There is ZERO reason to leave the main cities, except when an event boss pops, and then all you have to do is tag him and recall back to safety.

People just need to shut the **** up and get back out in the world. Give us guild vs guild pvp instead of this faction nonsense, and let the guilds separate and claim the world. Or just keep sitting in the cities guarding the mailboxes (there is a recent thread about this http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-guarding.html). Whatev, I'll keep playing Dayz, with its permadeath pvp in an unforgiving world.
    Last edited by Rhetoric; 01-15-2013 at 06:12 AM.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Rhetoricx (someone stole my name on Seastone)
    <Unreal>
    I wish Rift had PVP in it...

Rift Chaser

Speaking of DayZ, last night I drove my Old Hatchback full speed into a barricade that I didn't notice because it was dark. The car blew up and it ruined my night...
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Rhetoricx (someone stole my name on Seastone)
    <Unreal>
    I wish Rift had PVP in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric View Post
    The incentive to pvp is to pvp. Why do you need a carrot on a stick? Why do people play Call of Duty so much? They play it to kill other people. Why is it not the same here?
    Because you just come right back with zero penalty. Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    Ok pvpers...we all had our fun on pve servers with our different faction friends. Now it's time to go back and rekindle our love for hatred amongst each. I for one miss open world pvp and we need to bring this back. You can troll me if you want, but this game is dying and someone has to do something about it damn it!
    WTB Cross-Region PVP, so we 'Eurodudes' can show you americans how to actually PVP
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Because you just come right back with zero penalty. Yawn.
    Good thing there's no penalty or last night might have been even more frustrating!
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Good thing there's no penalty or last night might have been even more frustrating!
    Though that was a in a WF, it's true as long as one rogue can erase 17k of my hp in a 24pt vk tank hybrid, thank goodness there isn't an open world penalty!
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-15-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Though that was a in a WF, it's true as long as one rogue can erase 17k of my hp in a 24pt vk tank hybrid, thank goodness there isn't an open world penalty!
    I thought it was 28k or 29k. Or did you spec swap afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I thought it was 28k or 29k. Or did you spec swap afterwards?
    huh? My total hp? What are you talking about? I thought you hit me 17k? Was it more?
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-15-2013 at 06:46 AM.

huh? My total hp? What are you talking about? I thought you hit me 17k? Was it more?
    Total HP. I thought you were just under 30k, not 24k.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast