+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vengance/valor in PVE

Rift Chaser

Default Vengance/valor in PVE

Do you think current PVP gear would be too good in PVE settings if vengance and valor worked for any PVP flagged player against all targets? This would be a real help in open world on Seastone.

How do you mean? Doesn't vengence/valor work against all Players, whether in open world or instances?

If I'm wrong on that account then I can see how it could help in OWPvP.

But if I'm right I don't know how it would benefit a PvP server except to kill mobs easier.
    Mal shot first.

PvP stats do work outside WFs.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-14-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vico View Post
    How do you mean? Doesn't vengence/valor work against all Players, whether in open world or instances?

If I'm wrong on that account then I can see how it could help in OWPvP.

But if I'm right I don't know how it would benefit a PvP server except to kill mobs easier.
    Killing mobs easier wouold mean you would be less likely to present a low hp target for other players. The biggest advantage would be not having to choose between equipping 0 valor/vengance gear that lets you kill mobs faster or full pvp gear that gives better performance against players.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    PvP stats do work outside WFs.
    Yes. The question is do you think the pvp gear would be too good if vengance/valor worked aginst npcs as well when you were PVP flagged.

I'd like to see it apply to open world content.

It would shore up some of the deficiencies when doing open world content in PvE or PvP servers, while still keeping PvE gear the best choice for instances.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Ascendant

vengeance works against players, doesnt matter if wf, conquest or open world or duell.

if you mean vengeance should work in PvE, NO. it would make certain items bis for pve and we will have EVEN MORE pve afk leechers in pvp ...

For people playing on PvP servers, it makes perfectly good sense. Who wants to farm mobs in neutered gear because they've got to watch their back all the time, doubly so if they opt to wear efficient grinding gear.

Being forced to have specs with a skill to drop combat so you can /loadequip would be a nuisance, and you're likely dead already if someone opened on you with a group of mobs.

Not working in 10 and 20 man raids would probably be sufficient. I'm on a PvE shard, btw.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I'd like to see it apply to open world content.

It would shore up some of the deficiencies when doing open world content in PvE or PvP servers, while still keeping PvE gear the best choice for instances.
    Good point. There would less resistance from people who do not pvp to the idea if it was open world only. Its not like its hard to get PVE blues. Even experts would only require a few good crafted items.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    vengeance works against players, doesnt matter if wf, conquest or open world or duell.

if you mean vengeance should work in PvE, NO. it would make certain items bis for pve and we will have EVEN MORE pve afk leechers in pvp ...
    I think if it were implemented for open world only as Kyera suggested there would not be many that bothered. Its not like open world content requires min/maxing.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    For people playing on PvP servers, it makes perfectly good sense. Who wants to farm mobs in neutered gear because they've got to watch their back all the time, doubly so if they opt to wear efficient grinding gear.

Being forced to have specs with a skill to drop combat so you can /loadequip would be a nuisance, and you're likely dead already if someone opened on you with a group of mobs.

Not working in 10 and 20 man raids would probably be sufficient. I'm on a PvE shard, btw.
    i do quite ANY open world content in pure pvp equip and doing absolutly fine btw.

Rift Chaser

Theoretically not working in raids should be enough. However, I have seen some really hostile attitudes from players that do not care to pvp about the effectiveness of pvp gear in pve. Anyway, gearing up for dungeons does not look hard.
    Last edited by ChelequaRom; 01-14-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by ChelequaRom View Post
    Killing mobs easier wouold mean you would be less likely to present a low hp target for other players. The biggest advantage would be not having to choose between equipping 0 valor/vengance gear that lets you kill mobs faster or full pvp gear that gives better performance against players.
    Ah I see what you're saying. I remember that being a bit of a pain when I was on Briarcliff. (Anyone remember that shard lol).
    Mal shot first.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    i do quite ANY open world content in pure pvp equip and doing absolutly fine btw.
    I'm sure solo grinding isn't a big deal, but when you need 420 hit for the Daily Raid Rift it's probably not fun being 1-shot gank fodder -or- doing 40% less DPS than a comparable PvE geared raid.

I sacrifice 1100 AP for vengeance in my PvP gear and 209 dps Freelancer weapons instead of 235 for PvE.

There's nothing open world you can't easily overcome, but it's just a lot slower. PvP servers would be more attractive alternatives if the gear didn't gimp you.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Ascendant

I'm sure solo grinding isn't a big deal, but when you need 420 hit for the Daily Raid Rift it's probably not fun being 1-shot gank fodder -or- doing 40% less DPS than a comparable PvE geared raid.

I sacrifice 1100 AP for vengeance in my PvP gear and 209 dps Freelancer weapons instead of 235 for PvE.

There's nothing open world you can't easily overcome, but it's just a lot slower. PvP servers would be more attractive alternatives if the gear didn't gimp you.

BUT THAT WOULD MEAN PVP IS BEING USED FOR PVE AND WE CANNO HAVE THAT BECAUSE IT IS UNFAIR TO RAIDERS TO HAVE ANOTHER ALTERNATE MEANS OF GEARING UP TRION DON'T DO THIS!!11ONE ONE ONE 11!!

*coughs*

That was me imitating a raider.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast