+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Please read GM

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default Please read GM

    Please think about giving extra rewards to players who are already over rank 59+
    Rank 59+ players have spent more time to gain free lancer's mark before this update(Rift2.1 Hotfix #2) because freelancer's mark can be obtained once you reach rank 60.

    But if you give out free lancers mark before rank 60 this is too advantage to players who just started playing war front. Of course it's good thing that new players can catch up to old players but I don't think this update is good idea to implement right now unless rank 59+ players gets extra reward.

    We all pay same amount of money to play Rift so please consider this issue.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Need Rift View Post
    We all pay same amount of money to play Rift so please consider this issue.
    Please don't, because this is not even an issue.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Please don't, because this is not even an issue.
    Actually it is. Marks are not dropped by mobs like planarite. Mark rewards quests are something that you do 'once' per day, 'once' per week which relates to your monthly payment.

    The slower you collect marks, More monthly payment.
    Last edited by Need Rift; 01-11-2013 at 03:47 PM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Pork Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    I demand a pacifier trinket that gives a mark doubling bonus and lasts for 50 days!

  5. #5
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Need Rift View Post
    Mark rewards quests are something that you do 'once' per day, 'once' per week which relates to your monthly payment.
    And we got paid for those quests once per day, once per week.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

  6. #6
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Need Rift View Post
    Please think about giving extra rewards to players who are already over rank 59+
    Rank 59+ players have spent more time to gain free lancer's mark before this update(Rift2.1 Hotfix #2) because freelancer's mark can be obtained once you reach rank 60.

    But if you give out free lancers mark before rank 60 this is too advantage to players who just started playing war front. Of course it's good thing that new players can catch up to old players but I don't think this update is good idea to implement right now unless rank 59+ players gets extra reward.

    We all pay same amount of money to play Rift so please consider this issue.
    You only get 3 marks so if you are 60 you get 9 and I think 70 is 18? It is not a big difference when 60+ is earning 3x the amount of marks as 50-59 is.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Xenoheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    The hiring rate at my current job is about 7k higher than when I was hired. Even though my pay was raised from that point forward, I demanded compensation but my boss laughed at me.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    You only get 3 marks so if you are 60 you get 9 and I think 70 is 18? It is not a big difference when 60+ is earning 3x the amount of marks as 50-59 is.
    But it's true that if you earn fm from rank 50 it's much faster to gather all the fm equipment and I think there is a lot of difference.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Need Rift View Post
    Actually it is. Marks are not dropped by mobs like planarite. Mark rewards quests are something that you do 'once' per day, 'once' per week which relates to your monthly payment.

    The slower you collect marks, More monthly payment.
    So are you paying to play a game or to accumulate things and take a hiatus? Under that logic, yes, it works. If your point of the game is to save as much RL money as you can by obtaining every reward asap and canceling sub until the progression ceiling raises.

    Unless the rate at which you gain currency has a direct relation to whether you sub is active or not, then this is completely bogus logic. I hope you realize it.

    ...Even if it did, it would definitely be a personal problem. Because that is certainly not how MMOs are intended to be played. Powerhouse every reward then stop playing. I had to reach far to make that logic work in at least one singular perspective.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-11-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  10. #10
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    That's like demanding EXP for all of the monsters you killed pre-SL for your leveling to 60.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    That's like demanding EXP for all of the monsters you killed pre-SL for your leveling to 60.
    If that happened, we'd have some players already at level 99.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Need Rift View Post
    But it's true that if you earn fm from rank 50 it's much faster to gather all the fm equipment and I think there is a lot of difference.
    Reroll, you'll get to take advantage of it from 50-59.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    So are you paying to play a game or to accumulate things and take a hiatus? Under that logic, yes, it works. If your point of the game is to save as much RL money as you can by obtaining every reward asap and canceling sub until the progression ceiling raises.

    Unless the rate at which you gain currency has a direct relation to whether you sub is active or not, then this is completely bogus logic. I hope you realize it.

    ...Even if it did, it would definitely be a personal problem. Because that is certainly not how MMOs are intended to be played. Powerhouse every reward then stop playing. I had to reach far to make that logic work in at least one singular perspective.
    Yes, you are right. That's not how MMOs works. Sorry my bad. Because someone wrote the post about freelancer's mark compensation below and after I read this, it made me go crazy and I'm out of my mind
    Last edited by Need Rift; 01-11-2013 at 06:20 PM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Reroll, you'll get to take advantage of it from 50-59.
    Once again, Kye with the best solution, this time he is helping all those who got short changed.

    I am going off on my own rant still.

    This is an MMO. The publisher giveth, the publisher taketh. We are talking about pixels and the numbers they represent on a database. This isn't real money, no one got wronged. Prestige levels got changed too, what about all my time and effort spent making it through p1-50? Now all these new scrubs make level in a day, I know it looks and sounds insanely dumb 2 months after the fact but its exactly how MMOs work. Reward rates change based on what the publisher thinks we should be doing.


    tl/dr section:
    ONE MONTH OF BEING p60+ WAS NOTHING SPECIAL. GET OVER IT ALREADY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Ailene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far far north (Norway)
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    I was rank 50 when SL launched, I did my random daily WFs (not too bad exp from them, and favor) and as soon as I hit lvl 60 I started ranking up. I was rank 60 some time before this change. Of course it would be nice if we had marks from the daily from day one. But I really don't care! If they're behind now, they'll never be able to catch before you're maxed, as long as you keep doing the daily and weekly stuff to get my marks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts