+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No charge decay while out of combat<3

Default No charge decay while out of combat<3

Just a thanks to Trion for making very smart yet overdue decision. Considering warriors and rogues get to keep their combo/attack points this change with the mage class seems quite justified. Well done trion. Cheers(:
    <3Mages
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterjijny View Post
    this is work of terrible Trion

Agreed here. Loving the new change and definitely helping the mage cause.

agree changes the way i play WF completely.

+ this
    * Pyromancer: Countdown: Reverted an earlier change - can again be cast on targets that already have countdown active. Now stacks up to 2.

no more lag , it's like xmas in january.
    Last edited by littlepoit; 01-11-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Meh. I don't like the idea of people being able to start confrontations with a Fulminate or a full duration Arresting Presence, but I guess I'm in the minority here.

Mmmm 110 charge at the beginning of an encounter?

*shudders*

I dont think this was thought through much.

Quote Originally Posted by Topology View Post
    Meh. I don't like the idea of people being able to start confrontations with a Fulminate or a full duration Arresting Presence, but I guess I'm in the minority here.
    OH sure but rogues and warriors are totally fine starting off confronations with popping scourage of darkness or icy burst. xD
    I think things have at least evened out a little moar.
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Mmmm 110 charge at the beginning of an encounter?

*shudders*

I dont think this was thought through much.
    Guys! C'mon these are mages we are talkin about. I'm starting to get concerned. D:
    Hope people are reading the OP not just the title...
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.

Blah blah blah blippity blah.

It's only putting the various callings on even footing. Rogues and Warriors have had this ability to keep their "charges" for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    Blah blah blah blippity blah.

It's only putting the various callings on even footing. Rogues and Warriors have had this ability to keep their "charges" for a long time.
    I'd rather Warriors and Rogues get individual attention to that, then. Breaking one more class isn't good for the game going forward. I like to think that the abilities that use Charge were thought of by the developers as finishers; if they weren't readjusted for this change, then that's a balance problem. Pointing to the other kids and yelling "THEY COULD DO IT BEFORE US" means nothing.

And if you guys are just clamoring for Mage buffs, then I think targeted buffs to individual souls and abilities would be the way to go. A simple blanket change like what has been done for Charge is reckless and could have unforeseen consequences.

I'd rather Warriors and Rogues get individual attention to that, then. Breaking one more class isn't good for the game going forward. I like to think that the abilities that use Charge were thought of by the developers as finishers; if they weren't readjusted for this change, then that's a balance problem. Pointing to the other kids and yelling "THEY COULD DO IT BEFORE US" means nothing.

And if you guys are just clamoring for Mage buffs, then I think targeted buffs to individual souls and abilities would be the way to go. A simple blanket change like what has been done for Charge is reckless and could have unforeseen consequences.
    I see no where that abilities that use charge are "finishers". Thinking that way is just reckless, uninformed and, well, dumb.

Actually if you're looking the ability to balance callings, this is a perfect way to do it and yelling "THEY COULD DO IT BEFORE US" is a valid and true statement.

Charge options are generally more versatile and pack more oomph than (most) finishers, and not always in a damaging capacity. The mechanic is -- for better or for worse -- not a straight comparable to attack and combo points.

SoD and IB are decent comparables to Charge, since they're things that can be preloaded.

So, let's discuss how nobody has ever complained that oGCD finishers and SoD were overpowered or provided unreasonable burst.
    Last edited by Kyera; 01-11-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Wish I could find the thread from a few weeks ago now where I shut down two charge ideas and said they should just make it not decay.

I'd say met more than halfway...about 73% way.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

EVERYONE
    Combo points = finishers(mostly)
    Attack points = finishers(mostly)
    Charge = combat buffs(mostly)
    CHARGE ≠ COMBO POINTS/ATTACK POINTS
    I know it sounds like im contradicting my OP but there's a reason for the variety in class mechanics. Trion was right to throw mages a bone here.
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.

Plane Touched

[QUOTE=Topology;4112481]Meh. I don't like the idea of people being able to start confrontations with a a full duration Arresting Presence.QUOTE]
    Joke post^^
    Reflective presence got nerfed into the ground and -still- moaning?

I see no where that abilities that use charge are "finishers". Thinking that way is just reckless, uninformed and, well, dumb.
    Nope. From a design perspective, "finisher" is simply a category for abilities whose use are regulated by more than just simple cooldowns. Rift has been doing away with in-combat buildup since pre-SL, so I guess this whole change shouldn't surprise me. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it, though. Just because the game doesn't refer to them as finishers, but rather as "Charge Consumers" doesn't mean that isn't what they are.

Also, thanks for the insult, there. I was trying to keep this discussion civil.

Actually if you're looking the ability to balance callings, this is a perfect way to do it and yelling "THEY COULD DO IT BEFORE US" is a valid and true statement.
    It's also childish and doesn't address the real problem. TTK is far too low right now, and the high availability of abilities that I would classify as "finishers" is a component of that problem. Even if it takes until fixes to the bugged healing come in to notice the impact this change has on TTK, there's almost no chance that it will be a positive one.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleHell View Post
    Joke post^^
    Reflective presence got nerfed into the ground and -still- moaning?
    Reflective Presence was overpowered. That's a fact.

Arresting Presence has always been ridiculous too, in my opinion. And that's coming from someone who used to use it all the time.
    Last edited by Topology; 01-11-2013 at 12:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast