+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Against the nightblade

Shadowlander

Default Against the nightblade

Hey guys!

I have a mage and cleric, and I would like to know how do you handle the situation against the nightblade?
    They have teleports, so you can't run away from them. They have 50% selfheal and dmg reduction, and another 30% dmg reduction from the Planar Refuge.

What spec do you recommend against those mother****ers?

I recommend staying the hell away from them. :D

Or go trolltank and make them spend a good 2 minutes trying to kill you, while neither of you contribute anything to the battle. d('.' d)
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

bend over and take it

also bring lube in case it hurts

Ascendant

Sit in wonderment how they fixed the rogue class.

In all seriousness the hybrid builds (not pure NB) are still unbalanced (too much defense/offense). I'm typical healer and usually bounce around healing as best I can. If my teammates are around or I get to them I can usually live due to heals on me or focus firing them down. If no one is around they will eventually win because even a mage chloro's self heals < a hybrid tank/dps damage (that's really sad but it is definitely true).

I'd also suggest dom pyro maybe? Don't play the spec enough though so someone else might be able to help. Not sure if their 3 ports break CC.

Like most are saying out of luck, but its not just our calling. That's probably the single most broken class build in the game with how good a defense you get along with the offense (the hybrid build with BD).
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-11-2013 at 08:01 AM.

Play conservative and work on establishing distance and forcing them to waste CDs on breaks/blinks while hoping that your team is astute enough to pressure them (and force them to disengage), peel them, or outright kill them.

I make pressuring overextended dps (that includes hybrid specs, like xx/VK or xx/RS) a priority, personally, and if I'm in a spec with peeling tools I will use them liberally.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Play conservative and work on establishing distance and forcing them to waste CDs on breaks/blinks while hoping that your team is astute enough to pressure them (and force them to disengage), peel them, or outright kill them.

I make pressuring overextended dps (that includes hybrid specs, like xx/VK or xx/RS) a priority, personally, and if I'm in a spec with peeling tools I will use them liberally.
    Best advice that could be given, force them to overextend into your team and they go down just like every other class/soul that doesn't know when to fall back.
    Last edited by Aeonblade; 01-11-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    Anaraia@Deepwood

eradicate spam...oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Everyone should just keep requoting this.

My main is a rogue and yes I play nbrs. I also do have a 59mage and 54cleric. I am assuming we are talking about the 1v1s in wfs. All I can say for the casters is to cc the **** out of NB.
    Mage\Cleric: Root, slow, purge, dissarm, stun.
    Try to get them down as much as possible at range. Dot the **** out of them. But once they port to you, they are stuck on you and there's nothing you can do about it.
    The mistake I see most mages/clerics make is that once the NB has ported to them, mages/clerics tend to try to run away and bunny hop while spaming instacasts. Whether you are running about or standing still nbrs will hit you just as hard. It doesn't matter. But you as a mage or cleric will hit back much harder standing still using cast time or channeled abilities. Sit and let them whack the **** out of you. And give them hell back. With luck hopefully you had a decent start on them at range. Its when they get the fist jump on you is when things get messy.
    That's all just from personal experience from playing rogues mages and clerics.
    Probably not too helpful xD Cheers.
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterjijny View Post
    this is work of terrible Trion

Shadowlander

@ Serjackums

Yes We are talking about 1v1.

Thank you very much. It's a good answer.
    Last edited by Nercomya; 01-11-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serjackums View Post
    My main is a rogue and yes I play nbrs. I also do have a 59mage and 54cleric. I am assuming we are talking about the 1v1s in wfs. All I can say for the casters is to cc the **** out of NB.
    Mage\Cleric: Root, slow, purge, dissarm, stun.
    Try to get them down as much as possible at range. Dot the **** out of them. But once they port to you, they are stuck on you and there's nothing you can do about it.
    The mistake I see most mages/clerics make is that once the NB has ported to them, mages/clerics tend to try to run away and bunny hop while spaming instacasts. Whether you are running about or standing still nbrs will hit you just as hard. It doesn't matter. But you as a mage or cleric will hit back much harder standing still using cast time or channeled abilities. Sit and let them whack the **** out of you. And give them hell back. With luck hopefully you had a decent start on them at range. Its when they get the fist jump on you is when things get messy.
    That's all just from personal experience from playing rogues mages and clerics.
    Probably not too helpful xD Cheers.
    yeah doesn't really help , in the end you are still fighting a 35K HP toon with twilight transcendance and crazy mobility, which means if you manage to bring the rogue to 10%/20% life, suddently your damage is mitigated for 3s while the rogue is still hiting you for 50% damage and 3s later the rogue is back to 50/75% life (more or less depending if he used a pot on top of twilight). this is basically how most mages die...... not much to be done about it at the moment. all this because a very effective defensive ability is placed too low in a melee dps tree. put this ability at 51 or higher and RS/NB will be history.
    35k HP + mobility + high melee damage + low range disconnects damage and defensive and healing CD = dead mage.

note that there is nothing new here, it's been like this for almost a year now. aslo RS and NB have been lightly nerfed in the previous hotfix *sigh*
    Last edited by littlepoit; 01-11-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Purging unfortunately isn't particularly effective in stripping them down. Just too many buffs, especially in just about any common WF situation.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    yeah doesn't really help , in the end you are
    Your team is*

still fighting a 35K HP toon with twilight transcendance and crazy mobility, which means if you manage to bring the rogue to 10%/20% life, suddently your damage is mitigated for 3s while the rogue is still hiting you for 50% damage and 3s later the rogue is back to 50/75% life (more or less depending if he used a pot on top of twilight).
    Does Rift Tomb not work like Rift Prison as a hard counter to TT? I honestly haven't dabbled enough.

this is basically how most mages die...... not much to be done about it at the moment. all this because a very effective defensive ability is placed too low in a melee dps tree. put this ability at 51 or higher and RS/NB will be history.
    You'd have to sit it at 58 to 61 to have a shot at killing a hybrid build. It's not like 40/36 is the "optimal performance" hybrid build imo, even with ConstDev in the picture. You're losing a LOT of damage to get that mit, and those are the builds that I find are most easy to turtle long enough to pressure.

35k HP + mobility + high melee damage + low range disconnects damage and defensive CD = dead mage.
    I'm looking forward to finding this high melee damage hybrid. The only time I find the damage is high is when I end up below 30% in a glassy spec and they pop a finisher. ymmv, of course, but I'm just not seeing it yet.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care for the spec and I don't have a personal interest in whether or not it's nerfed -- though I do think NB has some goodies that are just too good, and if we're complaining about things being too low in a melee dps tree the all-time winner is Twilight Force -- but the fact that practically nobody else is playing a hybrid or defensive spec in PvP is part of the reason why this hybrid is so "strong".
    Last edited by Kyera; 01-11-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Your team is*

Does Rift Tomb not work like Rift Prison as a hard counter to TT? I honestly haven't dabbled enough.

You'd have to sit it at 58 to 61 to have a shot at killing a hybrid build. It's not like 40/36 is the "optimal performance" hybrid build imo, even with ConstDev in the picture. You're losing a LOT of damage to get that mit, and those are the builds that I find are most easy to turtle long enough to pressure.

I'm looking forward to finding this high melee damage hybrid. The only time I find the damage is high is when I end up below 30% in a glassy spec and they pop a finisher. ymmv, of course, but I'm just not seeing it yet.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care for the spec and I don't have a personal interest in whether or not it's nerfed -- though I do think NB has some goodies that are just too good, and if we're complaining about things being too low in a melee dps tree the all-time winner is Twilight Force -- but the fact that practically nobody else is playing a hybrid or defensive spec in PvP is part of the reason why this hybrid is so "strong".
    it really was unfortunate when they buffed both NB and RS damage and lessened the complexity of both way back when. I used to play NB/RS way back in 1.1, it did crap for damage, like honestly one of the hardest hitting moves it had was to use scourge of darkness and then hit someone with rift disturbance. There was a ton of buttons you had to use, which made the spec very fun to play. Ah but rift made it easy mode And made it to great damage, I was a sad panda that the spec I used became the "crutch" of a newb rogue. But I feel Rift devs have consistently watered down what was a super complex and involved game at launch due to people not being able to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

yeah doesn't really help , in the end you are still fighting a 35K HP toon with twilight transcendance and crazy mobility, which means if you manage to bring the rogue to 10%/20% life, suddently your damage is mitigated for 3s while the rogue is still hiting you for 50% damage and 3s later the rogue is back to 50/75% life (more or less depending if he used a pot on top of twilight). this is basically how most mages die...... not much to be done about it at the moment. all this because a very effective defensive ability is placed too low in a melee dps tree. put this ability at 51 or higher and RS/NB will be history.
    35k HP + mobility + high melee damage + low range disconnects damage and defensive and healing CD = dead mage.

note that there is nothing new here, it's been like this for almost a year now. aslo RS and NB have been lightly nerfed in the previous hotfix *sigh*
    yes I apologize for my unhelpfulness. The only question I have with your post is that I don't ever see nbrs with 35k+ hp. I mean if your p80 rolling with warlord geared nbrs then perhaps. But I am half merc half freelancer geared with only 28k as nbrs. And I play heavyier rs than most. Which means I should have more hp than other rogues. I play 48/28. Most nbrs play 48/24/4 or 51/25 etc. I never play ever see more than 28 points in rs unless they are going for a guard phase spec. Just sayin.
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterjijny View Post
    this is work of terrible Trion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast