+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What happened to my open world PvP quests?

Rift Disciple

Default What happened to my open world PvP quests?

I play on Seastone, and really liked the OLD pvp quests it added a little purpose to open world pvp. Why have they not been put back in?

It wouldn't affect PvE servers that much, if any, and would help a PvP server that has a dying population because there is NO reason to PvP.

They're back in 2012, along with Order of the Eye notoriety, tangible PvP gear disparity, and a level 50 cap.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

They need to bring back the world PvP quests. I don't play on a PvP server, but I still enjoyed these, and it lead to some interesting one group fights from time to time.

I don't really miss the rep grind associated with them, but maybe some dailies for a freelancer mark or two?
    Last edited by Aeonblade; 01-10-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    They need to bring back the world PvP quests. I don't play on a PvP server, but I still enjoyed these, and it lead to some interesting one group fights from time to time.

I don't really miss the rep grind associated with them, but maybe some dailies for a freelancer mark or two?
    Right. Why not get rid of the 2000k kill cq quest and give 2 free or 1 warlord mark for each quest or something like that.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Archongamer View Post
    I play on Seastone, and really liked the OLD pvp quests it added a little purpose to open world pvp. Why have they not been put back in?

It wouldn't affect PvE servers that much, if any, and would help a PvP server that has a dying population because there is NO reason to PvP.
    My dear sir the better question is what happened to the pvp?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    My dear sir the better question is what happened to the pvp?
    Well I think that is the symptom of not having open world pvp quests. When there is zero reason to open world pvp there is no point to doing it.

Even the Volan even which is great, and draws lots of open world killing it's more a bunch of PvE trying to get there hits in to earn stones while being annoyed then are getting 3 shoted by people in PvP gear.

Give of a reason to PvP

+ Reply to Thread