+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: EASY FIX: Freelancer Mark Compensation for those 60+ as of today's Hotfix

Default EASY FIX: Freelancer Mark Compensation for those 60+ as of today's Hotfix

Trion,

so you were creative to give 50-59+ the marks for dailies... JOY!

How hard would have it been to compensate those that have already done the leveling with marks as well for the dailies as you have in the past? Simply, give X amount of marks per level per day (is it really that hard to do the math?) to each player that is 60+... fair is fair, isn't it?

A sad level 70.
    Last edited by Crumb3; 01-09-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    Crumbonic's PVP YouTube Video Channel, SUBSCRIBE if you enjoy them!

Legendary Crumbonic lll <Obscured>

"That is All"-- Miranda Priestly, Devil Wears Prada

I'm as sad as the next guy that I missed out on marks but it's not unfair. It's not like you can't continue to get marks, it's not like they are somehow getting ahead of you.

70+ and happy with change.

Default Yeah I noticed this too.

Seems in true Trion fashion to be late to fix the problem, and only make it right for players that have yet to experience the consequences of their short sightedness.

On the upside, this will make it faster for me to get my alts geared. This should take some of the dullness and lack of flavor off the grind by allowing players to dust off their other toons and be somewhat competitive a bit sooner than otherwise.
    Last edited by Anathemus; 01-09-2013 at 09:47 AM.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    I'm as sad as the next guy that I missed out on marks but it's not unfair. It's not like you can't continue to get marks, it's not like they are somehow getting ahead of you.
    Players that are rank 50 today will be able to get a significant amount of Freelancer gear when they hit rank 60.

Players that were rank 50 when SL dropped, and hit rank 60 before this patch have dedicated more effort to their PvP advancement than the current rank 50 players. They were also not able to buy any Freelancer gear when they hit R60.

As a result, people who slacked on their PvP dailies get more rewards for hitting rank 60 than people who have PvP'd on a regular basis, and were already R50 when SL dropped.

While technically the current R60's haven't lost anything, I would hardly call that fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post

While technically the current R60's haven't lost anything, I would hardly call that fair.
    Fresh rank 60s not being grossly outgeared by rank 60-80s is what I call fair.
    Last edited by Baramos; 01-09-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Something you should learn now and always remember, Trion does NOT compensate. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    I wouldn't say that anyone in PvP can be grossly outgeared thanks to the bolstering system and the small stat gains over Mercenary gear.

I'm not against the change made in the patch, I think it's a good thing. I just feel like it's a slap in the face to people who have put in the time to hit R60 prior to this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack0603 View Post
    Something you should learn now and always remember, Trion does NOT compensate. Period.
    They gave us a half-assed compensation when they deleted everyone's CQ power.

I would have gotten over 150 marks if this change had come with 2.0, I'd settle for another half-assed compensation of 75 marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    I wouldn't say that anyone in PvP can be grossly outgeared thanks to the bolstering system and the small stat gains over Mercenary gear.
    You fell for my trap card.

If it is such small stat gains, why so serious?
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Agreed...more fair= more fun.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

If it is such small stat gains, why so serious?
    Truly your intellect is dizzying.

It's just the principle of the thing, I guess. Like I said, my butt hurts!

This is what I see when I reread that line.

In all seriousness, well done. I had a good laugh at your post.

Another thread?

Yes, I really hate this community sometimes. WE ARE ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING. If this forum isn't whining about fake class balance it's some deluded idea of entitlement.

There really is no hope at all for this games pvp community. None. Squat. Nadda.

The point of this patch is.....

Over mosts head.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-09-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Another thread?

Yes, I really hate this community sometimes. WE ARE ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING. If this forum isn't whining about fake class balance it's some deluded idea of entitlement.

There really is no hope at all for this games pvp community. None. Squat. Nadda.

The point of this patch is.....

Over mosts head.
    says the guy in full freelancer gear.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast